I'm an idiot - Please help

Johnny Crack

Just like a newbie, i guess i didnt secure my fixture properly and while i wasn't in the room it fell killing one newborn seedling and badly damaging another
420-magazine-mobile1725151766.jpg
is there anything i can do to save this baby?
420-magazine-mobile60541120.jpg
also does that spot look like a deficiency or maybe a burn from the falling light?

Re: Im an idiot, pls help

Like Cookiman said, plant the seedling deeper into the soil by simply adding more, as long as the stem isnt broken you should be fine. as far as the "light burn" goes, just watch it and make sure not to keep the lights to close to them

safety first friend, secure that light properly!

to be honest i've done the same thing... live n learn

Seedlings are delicate and need very tender care. That spot could just be a growth imperfection caused by a lil stress.
looking at the rest of the seedling, that spot seems out of place. as long as it isn't affecting growth or appearing on the new growth
Some good advice giving them support by filling the cups up a bit more tho
Personally i start with the dirt line at the top ring of the textured "grip" giving you room for watering and lots of dirt for roots.

how far away are the lights from the tops of the seedlings? 2-4 inches for cfls imho

they seem to be stretching to the light but that could of just been because the dirt line is fairly low in the cup, reducing the light they received until they reached the rim of the cup.

Lights about 3 inches, Im just having trouble deciding what soil to use. I have sta green potting mix on hand but it says slow release im guessing its the same as mg should i use it for now to fill up the cups then get some better mix and mix it with perlite for transplant? Along with worm castings if they are at Lowe's.

Back
Top Bottom