I'm Back! AF - Northern Lights - Fem - White Castle - Outdoor Containers

Joe Shipman

Been gone a while think I may have posted wrong so doing it again to make sure. Havent been slacking just busy settling some things, here are my two ladies. To be honest I have been lax on keeping a journal cant say for sure the age of the girls. I would say both are around 10- 12 weeks old have been some starts and stops due to moving them around the property for discretion.

Short and fat one is the AF Northern light ( Im guessing only another 2-3 weeks on it before harvest she is doing great.

Tall and lean is the (fem white castle) doing well also however starting to develop small purple dots on leaves and tips curling under.

Other than that she is looking pretty good

Care has been the same for both plants

FOX FARMS POTTING SOIL
TIGER BLOOM NUTES
WATER: APPROX A GALLON A DAY / 3tsp per gallon when fed / Feed every third watering

Full sun (avg daytime temp 88-92) (avg daytime temp 68-72)

I think the purple dots are Phosphorous def but I dont know alot any help is greatly appreciated.

Great to be back!!!!!

New_iPhone_pics_064.JPG

New_iPhone_pics_065.JPG

New_iPhone_pics_068.JPG

New_iPhone_pics_066.JPG

New_iPhone_pics_069.JPG

Re: IM BACK! AF (northern Light) FEM (white castle) outdoor containers

based on some advice decided to swaddle the girls container's (black pots+southern sun= Burnt Roots!! They seem to still be doing well all though it is getting pretty warm here swaddling or not.

ladies_protected_001.JPG

top of the Nothern Light (AF)

New_iPhone_pics_069.JPG

the heat doesnt seem to bother her much at all

ladies_protected_003.JPG

White castle (FEM) you can see the leaves turned up try ing to dissipate heat I think. Pretty warm here almost 92

will keep you all updated

Re: I'm Back! AF (Northern Light) FEM (White Castle) Outdoor Containers

Thanks for the tip rek, have kept the towels on them during the day seems to have really helped. Went and picked up a meter at lowes for checking PH, light, and moisture. According to that thing I have been overwatering, also had some signs with the (sativa dom) that a little high on the nutes. Have let them both go for 48 hours + with no water will give them a good drink of water later tonight, get some pics as well.

As far as watering REK girls were getting a lil more than a gallon a day, every day. Did let them go for right at 48 hours no water gave them both a pretty big drink of frersh water last night. almost gallon and a half each.

Better to water in the AM or PM? Make any difference?

AF is definitely the tougher of the 2 far less effect from nutes, her sister the sativa strain seems to be burned a little for sure, gonna stick with straight water for both for a week. Other than the yellowing on the fan leafs the plant seems healthy

AF she is very strong great buds starting to fillout, im thinking maybe 3 weeks on her. Little yellowing on some fan leafs, lots of the leaf miner's here

morning_pics_007.JPG

morning_pics_008.JPG

morning_pics_005.JPG

FEM (White Castle)

Looks like I burned her pretty good but other than the fan leafs plant seems healthy, gonna keep an eye on her beginning to flower looks like to me. Couple of books I have say that sativas are more sensitive to nutes than indicas will keep monitoring her a little closer

morning_pics_002.JPG

morning_pics_003.JPG

morning_pics_004.JPG

hope I didnt mess her up to bad, I think he will recover ok

1Gal a day seems good. If they were in bigger containers you could water less often.. like I will be doing. Anyways, I like to water in the am. That what they are prepared for the whole day and wont dry out. Most of the growing happens at night. If you water at night it just basically sits in the water while trying to grow, not a good thing.

Also, How tall were these ladies when u first put them outside? Clone size?

-Rek ;)

Both these girls were started from seed. Moved them outside gradually over 2 weeks once they reached about 10 inches. There was what I would call a couple of interruptions because I basically had to store them inside away from prying eyes while I was gone. Not sure how much it affected them. I like the idea of watering in the AM like you said, makes sense. I am pretty inexperienced at this so everything is a learning point for me. Glad to have two strains going and also the one AF, able to see the different effects and needs.

Went in this AM and did a lil tilling keep the soil loose, have been using cypress mulch to keep the moisture in and lessen soil compacting. update photos to follow.

update_photos_1_001.JPG

update_photos_1_005.JPG

top of the AF she is doing well

morning_pics_006.JPG

top of WC this is starting to flower yes?

update_photos_1_004.JPG

I think possibly 3 weeks on the AF and possibly 6 on the other will see

Well thought I would put some updates on this morning, After the burn episode decided to just give water for a bit. The AF is looking good pics of her up close to follow, trying to decide think next week might harvest her.

top of the AF

camera_pics_114.JPG

Bud shots of the AF

camera_pics_116.JPG

camera_pics_117.JPG

White castle (sativa dom)

update_photos_1_004.JPG

camera_pics_118.JPG

She is coming back pretty good I think Im gonna go one more fresh water then come back with half nutes.

Well has been a week thought I would up date this AM. Experimented with putting the girls in a different discreet location. They did very well untended more than 72 hours The AF got her last dose of water this AM, as I plan on harvesting her at the end of the week. her sister best I can tell is at least another month away so she got a dose of half strength nutes. She has come back really strong.

AF

june_13_005.JPG

june_13_013.JPG

june_13_011.JPG

june_13_008.JPG

WC

june_13_024.JPG

june_13_025.JPG

The location is pretty cool very discreet and affords protection from wind as well as decent sunshine, however did have my first run in with pests as the AF had just the beginnings of aphipds on two leaves. Dispatched of those little buggers today! looking fwd to the upcoming harvest :cheer:

laters

Well its update time, Went ahead and harvested the AF I think I was about a week early but couldnt be helped The White Castle is doing well but stll getting some yellowing leaves. Gonna stick with straight water again for a bit. Will see how my alternate spot holds up since she will be alone for about 5 days

AF initial trim

harvest_0015.JPG

harvest_0072.JPG

will update next week on weight and quality

WC

update_047.JPG

update_049.JPG

update_048.JPG

Still have some yellowing on the leaves grrrrrrrrr

She is a solid 3 to 4 weeks away, not sure it could be the damn heat WOW very hot here. IDK she can be tempremental when it comes to nutes so just have to see. Otherwise she is pretty damn healthy yellowing only on about 15-20% of the plant itself. Anxious to see how my lil AF turns out clipped a lil this AM to sample seemed good gonna be patient and cure the rest of it proper, quite proud of myself this year, harvested vegetables and smoke for the first time!

:partyboy:

love that purp btw very nice gets my vote!!

Well it's been a lil while figured I would send an up date. I can proudly say I have my first harvest curing!! lil wispy and not quite full think I pulled it a lil early, but you know what? It's mine :yahoo: hehehe lil wispy but it will knock you down for sure! getting ready for final trim.

july_002.JPG

her sister did very well unsupervised I was impressed. Will see gonna take a while to finish her looks like but she is healthy

july_005.JPG

july_007.JPG

laters

Thanks REK!! yeah it definitrely gets the job done. Will try and get some nug pics later on some good trichome developement again just think I was early pulling it, but couldnt be helped. need to work on my curing as well think I could have done better, definitely have a better plan for that.

The sister looks good gonna be a while to finish though, will keep you updated

Thanks again

Later

24+ hours darkness, Clipped at the base and suspended the whole plant for 2 days in a closet. Then a moderate trim and clipped stems everything into a brown paper bags for almost 5 days. Another trim, and now in containers. Lot of humidity here. We will see, the reality is it only cost me sweat and patience and like you said,it more than does the job. I will begin worrying about asthetics when I have the fundamentals down.

Back
Top Bottom