Immunity To Cannabis

cyprusgrower

Hi All.

Ok, so the story is this please bear with me with this post :) .....

I grow my own just for personal use and I normally grow about 4 plants.
After I harvest and I smoke I get nice and high, then as the days and weeks progress I find myself getting less high.
I start smoking more and more just to get the same affect as what 1 joint did at the beginning.
Now this all seems quite normal I would think as you begin to build up a tolerance just like with other things (tobacco, alcohol etc etc)

Now, a friend brings round some of his bud which is of a different strain and I find myself getting high off of 1 joint again. Now the thc contents may be slightly different but not by much.

So basically my question is this....it seems that I build up a tolerance to a certain strain and then when I try another I get high again. I thought thc is thc so surely it wouldn't matter what strain I smoke as if I have built up a tolerance to thc it would not matter. I find this happens with different strains of bud as well as resin.
Of course there could be a big difference in thc content (lets say 12% thc to 20% thc) but even when I smoke bud that has visibly less crystal formation and looks noticeably weaker I will get high quite quickly again.

So do you get tolerant to strains ie if I always smoke one strain like white widow do I build up an immunity to white widow so if I try something else like northern lights I would get high again or is it all just in my mind and I am actually smoking something that is much stronger??

If this is the case then I suppose instead of growing 4 plants of the same strain I should grow 4 plants of different strains??

Any thought/input on this would be very helpful.

And as always, happy smoking all :)

High Cyprusgrower

Strain tolerance is normal and many long term smokers switch strains to get the same effect with less pot. I have a few strains plus oil, hash and kief also made from different strains to choose from so I vary my menu often. I still get a good buzz off one or two small hits from a pipe and I've been a daily toker for over 40 years.

Taking a break from toking is also a good way to reduce tolerance tho not the most pleasant one. Since a little stroke I had about two and a half years ago I don't really like to imbibe too much as it seems to just increase my brain fog more than give me a nice high. I'm hoping to get into growing some low THC, high CBD strains for my arthritic pain to see how that works without so much of a high.

You'd think that THC is THC so it should all affect you just the same but in practice it sure doesn't seem to work that way. :)

L8r

Back
Top Bottom