Importing cannabis seeds into Canada

gonna shout for @Bill284 to clarify

im in USA but here seeds can be legally shipped to any state and collected as souvenirs, the conflict arises if / when you germinate seeds in a state that still has laws against cannabis

I thought Canada was legalized on national level…. heck I know in Ontario you can order weed and have it delivered thru postal system…n

also there are Canadian based seed vendors so theres no border to cross

gonna shout for @Bill284 to clarify

im in USA but here seeds can be legally shipped to any state and collected as souvenirs, the conflict arises if / when you germinate seeds in a state that still has laws against cannabis

I thought Canada was legalized on national level…. heck I know in Ontario you can order weed and have it delivered thru postal system…n

also there are Canadian based seed vendors so theres no border to cross
Hey 013 :ciao: hope your having a great weekend Amigo.
Hi @Oldguy1953 welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
I'm in Ontario been ordering seeds from Holland long before legalization.
A couple times I got a letter from customs saying they had confiscated a suspected Marijuana product.
And of course the order never showed up.
But no law enforcement action whatsoever.
Since legalization I haven't had any problems.
There are Canadian suppliers, but you probably have your eye on something already or you wouldn't ask.
Weed Seeds Express has some great stealth packaging, can you check that option on your order? If your worried.
Have you met everyone yet.
Here is a link to meet everyone and say hi.

Stay safe:cool:
Bill

I am not so sure about that. Last I heard it was still a Federal level crime to send anything Marijuana across state lines, especially using the USPS which is not a govt department or govt organization but still has Federal oversight. Trying to get around the USPS by shipping with any common carrier such as FexEx or UPS is the same, a federal crime.

I have to admit that with the continued increase in acceptance of recreational Marijuana at the state level and with the suggestions by many top level elected officials that the DEA back off on enforcing Federal laws regarding the personal possession and use of Marijuana it does seem that they are also relaxing enforcement of laws regarding shipping of small amounts by mail, etc.

Early last month there were several news articles regarding Amnesty Boxes at the Chicago airports. When Illinois went legal in 2020 several Amnesty Boxes were installed so that passengers who forgot what they were carrying could dump their contraband, and not just weed, before boarding a plane. While they find guns, plants, fruits and even small animals in the boxes as people worry about being busted the amounts of weed that are found when the boxes are cleaned are well below the levels that they had originally thought. It seems that ordinary everyday people are not worried about taking a baggie on their trip to a wedding, to see grandma, relatives or old high-school buddies.

And the dogs are not trained for sniffing weed either.My thinking is that the TSA and other govt agencies are figuring it is not worth the expense to train the dog just so they can bust someone for a baggie. Better to spend the money on training for sniffing out guns, explosives and related chemicals.

As long as it is a Schedule 1 drug it is illegal to cross state lines.

Just wondering if anyone out there has been prosecuted for importing seeds into Canada through the mail? If so what happened?
The crime lies with the sender, not the receiver, at least in most First World countries. The government does not blame the receiver for being the innocent victim of someone else who shipped illegal substances to their address.

That is why we often hear about people who have gotten that dreaded letter that 'a package was confiscated as it entered the country. If you think it was an error please contact Customs within a certain amount of time.' But we rarely hear about them getting an in-person visit from Customs.

The monopoly guys want you buy from them and embrace their limited representation of the cannabis industry. In Ontario, you're meant to order from ocs and choose from their vast collection of three varieties.

Been buying seeds no sweat for several years
and buying from the Ontario Cannabis Shop, can’t see it
no idea where they got the strain they say the seeds are
i really like some sort of lineage
with that said,quite a few of the legal shops have are “other” brand of seeds, need to drop in to see them.
the First Nations also have a lot of seeds, again, never sure of the lineage, as they are brand with that locations brand

Back
Top Bottom