Improved Super Skunk Journal

Oh no the F word. Have you done any research here on flushing? I'm in coco and I feed right up until I turn my lights off for 36 hrs before I chop. Most people these days realized that starving or flushing her for a week or two before harvest isn't beneficial in any way. Imo flushing is for toilets or when you have a build up around your roots. :peace:
Thanks again

Hey man! Ladies are looking good :thumb:

Flushing is a controversial subject :) It's each to their own. Personally I flush. I envy those who don't need to.

Both myself and Bill use the trichomes as a guide when to harvest. This is quite a common practise.

Seeing as I flush, I aim to flush a week or so before I want to harvest.
For a sativa, this would be when the majority of the trichomes are cloudy.
For an indica, I might wait for some more amber to appear before flushing for a more couch lock high.

Whether you decide to flush or not, I'd recommend going by the trichomes. If you don't flush its simpler, you just chop when you are happy with the trichomes. If you do flush, you need to start a little before your trichomes are where you want them to be :peace:

Looking good!

As they said before, you've definitely got at least a couple of weeks to go.
If you google "cannabis flowering week by week" there's an article from a seedbank's website that I found quite helpful (not sure if I can post it here). It breaks down the stages a plant goes through during flower really well IMO. Most plants won't go through each stage in exactly a week, but it should at least help you know where you're at.

As far as flushing goes, I wouldn't bother since it looks like you're feeding all organic.

Flushing is a controversial subject :) It's each to their own. Personally I flush. I envy those who don't need to.

Both myself and Bill use the trichomes as a guide when to harvest. This is quite a common practise.

For an indica, I might wait for some more amber to appear before flushing for a more couch lock high.

Whether you decide to flush or not, I'd recommend going by the trichomes. If you don't flush its simpler, you just chop when you are happy with the trichomes. If you do flush, you need to start a little before your trichomes are where you want them to be :peace:

Looking good!

As they said before, you've definitely got at least a couple of weeks to go.
If you google "cannabis flowering week by week" there's an article from a seedbank's website that I found quite helpful (not sure if I can post it here). It breaks down the stages a plant goes through during flower really well IMO. Most plants won't go through each stage in exactly a week, but it should at least help you know where you're at.

As far as flushing goes, I wouldn't bother since it looks like you're feeding all organic.
Where is the article you mentioned @Heraldo

Flower week 6 day 2

image.jpg

How much longer I was thinking a week and a half

8A422731-D3A8-4DC0-B96E-5C0F883D113A.jpeg

How much longer I was thinking a week and a half
It's hard to tell because you really need to zoom in a little on the trichomes. But I'm not seeing many amber trichomes in there. If i recall Super Skunk is Indica-dominant, so depending on what sort of high you want, depends on when to chop. If it were me, i'd wait until I see some more amber trichomes, and aim to chop at ~30% amber. But this is down to personal preference and how much of a couch lock high you want. The more amber, the more you'll sink into that couch. There are also a fair amount of white pistils still which is also a less accurate indicator that it may still have a way to go.

Based on that pic, I'd say your 2-3 weeks away. Do you have a jewellers loupe, or a magnifying glass at all?

I use a Trixes Mini 60x jewellery loupe for checking (£5 on ebay). And I use a USB Microscope for taking the images but you won't need this to check, just to share trich pictures.

It's hard to tell because you really need to zoom in a little on the trichomes. But I'm not seeing many amber trichomes in there. If i recall Super Skunk is Indica-dominant, so depending on what sort of high you want, depends on when to chop. If it were me, i'd wait until I see some more amber trichomes, and aim to chop at ~30% amber. But this is down to personal preference and how much of a couch lock high you want. The more amber, the more you'll sink into that couch. There are also a fair amount of white pistils still which is also a less accurate indicator that it may still have a way to go.

Based on that pic, I'd say your 2-3 weeks away. Do you have a jewellers loupe, or a magnifying glass at all?

I use a Trixes Mini 60x jewellery loupe for checking (£5 on ebay). And I use a USB Microscope for taking the images but you won't need this to check, just to share trich

I use a Trixes Mini 60x jewellery loupe for checking (£5 on ebay). And I use a USB Microscope for taking the images but you won't need this to check, just to share trich pictures.
I believe that is the wrong pic here is one at 7 weeks

5BB8ACA3-F894-4B54-9393-9E36B82119DA.jpeg

I believe that is the wrong pic here is one at 7 weeks

5BB8ACA3-F894-4B54-9393-9E36B82119DA.jpeg
Nice! I can see there are more amber pistils compared to your Week 6 pics which would suggest they are maturing. Still not many amber trichomes though so i'd still say around 2 weeks.

The trichomes will go from clear to milky/cloudy to amber - Its hard to tell if they are clear or cloudy. But as there aren't many amber trichomes so I'd leave her to keep going a little longer.

Nice! I can see there are more amber pistils compared to your Week 6 pics which would suggest they are maturing. Still not many amber trichomes though so i'd still say around 2 weeks.

The trichomes will go from clear to milky/cloudy to amber - Its hard to tell if they are clear or cloudy. But as there aren't many amber trichomes so I'd leave her to keep going a little longer.
Btw you should check out my photoperiod super skunk in the window in winter it’s doing really well and no one has checked out I’m supersized

Strain: super skunk
Planted October 20th
Flipped December 17th
Light: 2000 watt full spectrum reduced to 900 watt during bloom cycle
Veg nutrients:compost tea(compost, alfalfa, kelp, epsom salt, molasses) coconut water, urine as liquid feeding. Used coffee grinds, egg shells, compost, alfalfa, kelp as top feeding
Bloom nutrients: compost tea(compost, kelp, alfalfa, epsom, molasses, and honey) coconut water as liquid nutrients. Compost kelp alfalfa as top feeding
Notes: overall great other than the leaf tips being bulgy burnt into week 5 day 2 so far and nothing to complain about. I feel like it should smell a little bit more though

C2F06B78-F7F1-4E9E-933C-F3288FB19CB4.jpeg

3601FF10-6537-4B72-A3A2-915AF512A0D6.png

C3FAAADE-CEBC-4A7B-9381-EDBBAEB6EB0D.jpeg

3203F692-AC1A-48D2-81EA-A0D38322CF90.jpeg

87DA65B0-E32C-4F9D-B5F8-6E3FF24B8809.jpeg

36C21AE0-F04F-48B2-A9D5-65A1C7F095C8.png

E978CCE2-6E9B-498F-9824-91DCC734D1DF.jpeg

C636D5B2-F06E-4CEE-AB34-8695EF4E2D7F.jpeg

4003333A-A2D3-4F94-B96D-46157BB87907.jpeg

F90C0A0B-9A46-46C1-AE7A-FAA6EF71EB62.jpeg
Btw you should all check out my window grow in the winter

Back