Indoor Window Grow In The Winter

Did what you guys said and put on reflectors even if one of them is made of tin foil lol

image.jpg

For this grow I am going to put this light in the center of all three or plants with the 100 watt light from above
09604E03-A3B6-48FB-B2A6-EA2C4210B6B0.png

For the next grow I am going to keep the 100 watt lights from above but will upgrade the center light giving the plants side light to this bad boy even though it will be a little blinding
3D28A34B-9E50-4F82-B9BF-545B3B359786.png

Thats an interesting grow u got goin my first grow was with 15 watt led household lights kept the plastic on used 4 bulbs to grow 4 plants,,2 at a metre an 2 just over a foot managed to flower them into some nice bud just not a lot of it due to lack of enuff light but u seem to have that covered :thumb: :goodluck:

For this grow I am going to put this light in the center of all three or plants with the 100 watt light from above
09604E03-A3B6-48FB-B2A6-EA2C4210B6B0.png

For the next grow I am going to keep the 100 watt lights from above but will upgrade the center light giving the plants side light to this bad boy even though it will be a little blinding
3D28A34B-9E50-4F82-B9BF-545B3B359786.png
For that money you could get a better light IMO. Something like this, or even bigger for the $150 you're looking to spend. I think you'd be happier with a non bulb style light. Just my opinion. Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Screenshot_2021-02-25-12-43-53.png

For that money you could get a better light IMO. Something like this, or even bigger for the $150 you're looking to spend. I think you'd be happier with a non bulb style light. Just my opinion. Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Screenshot_2021-02-25-12-43-53.png
Though I like your thought you have to remember that spacing is an issue with these plants. Don’t get me wrong they are indica dominant plants in 1 gallon buckets so they can only get so big. But if I add in a 600 watt grow light from the top than it will wind up over growing it’s space. My goal with these plants are not to move them into a large grow tent or outside but to keep them as a window grow and keep them somewhat micro. I had just purchased a 300 watt grow light from the top hopefully that doesn’t over grow it’s space but I will also be adding 360 degree bulb with 150 watts at the center for side light
Here is the light I orderd
A0BE0612-B451-4D54-8224-07588E9757FA.png

Though I like your thought you have to remember that spacing is an issue with these plants. Don’t get me wrong they are indica dominant plants in 1 gallon buckets so they can only get so big. But if I add in a 600 watt grow light from the top than it will wind up over growing it’s space. My goal with these plants are not to move them into a large grow tent or outside but to keep them as a window grow and keep them somewhat micro. I had just purchased a 300 watt grow light from the top hopefully that doesn’t over grow it’s space but I will also be adding 360 degree bulb with 150 watts at the center for side light
Here is the light I orderd
Stronger lights will help produce more flower growth and larger buds. If that is all the room you have and you cannot raise the lights more then it might be time to think about switching over to 12 on & 12 off. Gotta keep in mind that the stretch itself will produce a increase size.

Maybe make some plans on topping or some sort of training.

I get cold just looking out that window.;) But, it is a great view.:D

Stronger lights will help produce more flower growth and larger buds. If that is all the room you have and you cannot raise the lights more then it might be time to think about switching over to 12 on & 12 off. Gotta keep in mind that the stretch itself will produce a increase size.

Maybe make some plans on topping or some sort of training.

I get cold just looking out that window.;) But, it is a great view.:D
I almost forgot but I had built ceiling hooks with my dad for the lights but one of them fell out and dropped on the plants so we had to redo them with this cement like stuff so it won’t fall out the 300 watt light I have is only 1lb so it should hold it. I’ve been keeping them stapled to the wall instead of hooked to the ceiling so the height was t as high but the lights over the ceiling hooks would give it plants of room I just forgot they were there
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just curious btw does anyone know how extra I’m getting from the sun? I know the window blocks off some of the UV rays but it’s clearly getting sunlight as the plant points towards the window on those sunny days. My friend did a window plant and only relied on sunlight through the window and got a 1/4 oz. which I guess answers my question. but I was also thinking of building a hoop house to widen the amount of strains I can grow in my upstate NY climate which can get relatively hot and relatively cold during the grow months I was going to add 2 of those 150 watt 360 degree angle lights in there for extra light cuz there are some trees blocking the sun but it gets enough sun I think but does the hoop house plastic block some of the sun UV rays lowering the yield. Cuz if it does I’ll just add more outdoor grow lights but I want to use an electric powered hoop house that I want to build my self with my dad but don’t want to reduce yield either

I almost forgot but I had built ceiling hooks with my dad for the lights but one of them fell out and dropped on the plants so we had to redo them with this cement like stuff so it won’t fall out the 300 watt light I have is only 1lb so it should hold it. I’ve been keeping them stapled to the wall instead of hooked to the ceiling so the height was t as high but the lights over the ceiling hooks would give it plants of room I just forgot they were there
image.jpg
Ah, yes, the cup hooks. Don't cost much and are not so large they get in the way. The only problem I found with them is that they are not designed to be used in plaster. They pull out easily as you have already found out. The thread on the hook is designed for use in wood and they work well then. I took a picture of some cup hooks being used to hold up the 4 foot T5 light fixtures in my veg closet and no problem even after 3 and a half years. Still enough strength so the wires can be tied to the hooks with 'twist ties' or 'zip ties'.

hooks01.jpg

I have gone to using 'Swag Hooks' for times when having to hang something in plaster. The first photo below is of the ceiling in the back room. That is some sort of 4 foot shop light with cheap fluorescent bulbs over some flowers and culinary herbs in our back room. Those lights have been up for 6 years and have not pulled out. Next photo is of a 'Swag Hook' holding up a hanging flower pot. The 'Swag Hooks' in the upstair rooms have been there for 10 years or more and still have not had one pull out of the ceiling.

I put some extras into the back room last fall just so I can move the lights around when I move the tables the plants are in from one side of the room to the other.
hooks02.jpg
hooks03.jpg

Most local or neighborhood hardware hardware stores will have the hooks or something very similar. They are designed to hold approx. 30 lbs when going through plaster. If the user can fasten the hook though the plaster and into one of the ceiling joists then the hook can hold 50 lbs. The limiting factor is that the metal the hook is made out of is soft so over 50 lbs it probably starts to straighten out.

I recommend you consider switching over. The last thing you want is to show us a photo of another light having smashed one of your plants when there was only 2 or 3 weeks to harvest. Properly installed those things will hold up just about any grow light system designed for non-commercial use like in the house.
hooks04.jpg

Any of your snow melting yet?

Lift it. Is it light? Stick your finger im the dirt, if it's dry, water, it is still wet you've over watered let her dry out completely.

Just my 5c if you haven't already purchased all those lights. But I totally agree that if you are going to spend that money on those bulb, it would be cheaper to get a Mars light.. They come in different shapes and sizes to fit your needs. The longer lights might suit you better. You can dim them too.

:peace:

Looking good though :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom