Indoor Window Grow In The Winter

They look good @Jmaninthemiddle420

I notice there are some dead leaves on your soil - is this deliberate? I would usually get rid of any dead leaves asap - these can invite pests with moisture
Hmm I’ve heard they add nutrients back into the soil according to mendo dope

Looking good! Brings me back to the days of CFL grows and closet grows I had. I love vegging under low watts but come flower I like to throw everything I got at the ladies for light. Sounds like you are upgrading so that will help for flowering. Whats the light upgrade you have planned? There are some cool tricks to make regular led bulbs fairly effective for a small budget. Happy Friday! I'm following along for the ride

They look good @Jmaninthemiddle420

I notice there are some dead leaves on your soil - is this deliberate? I would usually get rid of any dead leaves asap - these can invite pests with moisture
It’s also dead clover
Looking good! Brings me back to the days of CFL grows and closet grows I had. I love vegging under low watts but come flower I like to throw everything I got at the ladies for light. Sounds like you are upgrading so that will help for flowering. Whats the light upgrade you have planned? There are some cool tricks to make regular led bulbs fairly effective for a small budget. Happy Friday! I'm following along for the ride
all will be upgraded to a 100 watt light however I have some green crack in the window up stairs where I will be having a 100 watt light from the top and a 60 watt light from the side plus the sunlight. I think each plant is getting a little bit of light from the other plant light since they are relatively closer. I will not be putting them underneath my 2000 watt light In the tent bc I am planning to grow 2 green crack in 7 gallon buckets in threre. These are more decorative plants but if much rather grow weed instead of flowers

It’s also dead clover

all will be upgraded to a 100 watt light however I have some green crack in the window up stairs where I will be having a 100 watt light from the top and a 60 watt light from the side plus the sunlight. I think each plant is getting a little bit of light from the other plant light since they are relatively closer. I will not be putting them underneath my 2000 watt light In the tent bc I am planning to grow 2 green crack in 7 gallon buckets in threre. These are more decorative plants but if much rather grow weed instead of flowers
Very cool! Makes sense thanks for clarifying

Very cool! Makes sense thanks for clarifying
Idk if fluorescent lights do anything but I added that for extra light

image.jpg

Idk if fluorescent lights do anything but I added that for extra light

image.jpg
Yeah, anything helps. I think you could increase the assistance by hanging it vertical in-between the two or putting a sort or reflector on it. I have used disposable pie tins in the past but anything to catch light headed away from the plants and redirect would help. Or alternatively making it vertical between the two may capture more. Just my 2 cents from past micro budget grows

Yeah, anything helps. I think you could increase the assistance by hanging it vertical in-between the two or putting a sort or reflector on it. I have used disposable pie tins in the past but anything to catch light headed away from the plants and redirect would help. Or alternatively making it vertical between the two may capture more. Just my 2 cents from past micro budget grows
Would these be better?
88C37F85-F999-4096-A8F2-A39E5E25BE96.png

Save up for a little qb or something. You could get a cheap hid setup and get a few grows under your belt, then get leds. I really like cmh...
There is no tent so I believe that this HID lights will blind me. These are more for decoration

Interesting grow you have going here, they look very healthy growing in the window. I think you are right about the lights blinding you, I keep my tent closed for that reason.

Hmm I’ve heard they add nutrients back into the soil according to mendo dope

They also attract bugs and unwanted pests. (Guess if its winter you may not have a lot of that around)

You can also tell when to transplant by how quickly the plant drinks the water. If you need to feed every two days or less it might be time to transplant.

Would these be better?
88C37F85-F999-4096-A8F2-A39E5E25BE96.png
Yeah but you could even buy those type of lights at a hardware store or local place for much cheaper. All you look for is the spectrum and watts used and lumens . Those led bulbs are great style though. You can pull the plastic lens off and increase lumens for sure

High spectrum or calvin or K like 6500 is more blue for veg. 3000K is warm or red for flower. More lumens is better and with led they use like no watts and little to no heat

Yeah but you could even buy those type of lights at a hardware store or local place for much cheaper. All you look for is the spectrum and watts used and lumens . Those led bulbs are great style though. You can pull the plastic lens off and increase lumens for sure

High spectrum or calvin or K like 6500 is more blue for veg. 3000K is warm or red for flower. More lumens is better and with led they use like no watts and little to no heat
The little screw-in Feit brand ones I found at ace hardware are awesome! It was on sale for 10 bucks when I found it and I can pop a whole tray of beans under it, like 12 solo cups...

That looks interesting. I would imagine that should keep these happy. Its hard to know in my experience with LEDs what the real watts used and equivalent would be but for just sculpture little bonsai style plants that should keep them happy.

Not sure I would trust their specs regarding watts but thats more of an industry issue in my opinion. Long story long, if you like that style and it works for you that should keep vegging plants going. An alternative to consider in that price range is LED light fixtures for like bedrooms or kitchen . They have tiny of diodes in rectangles and circle shapes and you can usually adjust the spectrum from warm to cool now. What you have would certainly work, I just think you could get more bang for your buck but you would have to wire a plug on the lights I'm talking about. I used one from my kitchen, wouldn't be as visually appealing in your scenario but I could see the circle light being perfect

Back
Top Bottom