Improvised rain shelter

Try some Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide.

They have a similar product in Canada - you will have to look up the active ingredient (Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747) a google it for the product sold in Canada. You have it up there. Check out "DOUBLE NICKEL 55 WDG"

Spray on a few times, once in early flower and again 4 weeks later. Light covering is all thats needed.

Its organic in Oregon and should work great. I use it here in Philly but I'm indoors no AC we get high RH every night 95% - dew points for weeks on end in the summer.
We get a lot of rain too.
This stuff works great for PM and molds.

OP your plants look like they had some purplish in some of the flowers. Thats a phytoplasma AKA plant virus. Its spread by leaf-hoppers and other pests. Mainly leaf-hoppers.
Hey thanks for the info on the fungicide spray. Now that you mention it I definitely have seen leaf hoppers on the plants. Not many but yes some. Haha the tent kind of turned into its own little biosphere. Even had hummingbirds in there with me yesterday. I’m trying to milk the last bit of sunshine we will be getting before it stays raining. I have one Sativa that needs a bit more time. Fingers crossed. The plant virus you mentioned. Should I be concerned about that? I have about a week of growing time left.
Thanks

Not really anything you can do about it. It's become fairly common around the world in the hemp and cannabis industries.

Many folks that grow cannabis just cut out the flowers that show that purplish weird growth. Just like what you did. Some plants get past it and some dont.

The leaf hopper is the vector for this and leaf hoppers are everywhere specially late summer in the northern areas of the US. They will decimate this last cut of Alfalfa if they get bad enough and conditions are right.

They sometimes get indoors in grows as well. You think getting rid of mites is hard. These guys think insecticide is like taking a shower. I had them this summer on my VEG station. A few plants died a few lived no issues and a few plants got the virus but didn't die. I had to isolate my plants and treat and completely get rid of the leaf hoppers.

This is nothing new, just somewhat newish for a lot of cannabis growers. Its getting worse tho.

Not really anything you can do about it. It's become fairly common around the world in the hemp and cannabis industries.

Many folks that grow cannabis just cut out the flowers that show that purplish weird growth. Just like what you did. Some plants get past it and some dont.

The leaf hopper is the vector for this and leaf hoppers are everywhere specially late summer in the northern areas of the US. They will decimate this last cut of Alfalfa if they get bad enough and conditions are right.

They sometimes get indoors in grows as well. You think getting rid of mites is hard. These guys think insecticide is like taking a shower. I had them this summer on my VEG station. A few plants died a few lived no issues and a few plants got the virus but didn't die. I had to isolate my plants and treat and completely get rid of the leaf hoppers.

This is nothing new, just somewhat newish for a lot of cannabis growers. Its getting worse tho.
Thanks man. There’s always something new to learn.

No doubt, I've seen it first hand how I found out about it.

There are lots of other plants that have similar issues from the Leaf Hopper shits.

They are like getting crab lice and ending up with a sexually transmitted disease from the lice.

RobbieBobbieLobbie

No molds issues at all. During flowering when lower leaves started to look spotty I'd snap them off. Also kept all yard debris swept away from the pots. Maybe the tunnel platform being up off the ground helped reduce the risk of mild.

Good luck next season :thumb:

Great point about the debris and keeping them off the ground. Mine are on a deck, but once the flowers get thick, hard to keep out the moisture in the Pacific Northwest. It's been a crappy Sept this year. Last year, no rain and warmer temps through Sept.

My new rigged shelter in attached pic.

Attachments

• rigged shelter 9.25.2019.jpeg
    rigged shelter 9.25.2019.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 58
Great point about the debris and keeping them off the ground. Mine are on a deck, but once the flowers get thick, hard to keep out the moisture in the Pacific Northwest. It's been a crappy Sept this year. Last year, no rain and warmer temps through Sept.

My new rigged shelter in attached pic.
Those are some sweet looking plants .
I planted mine in the ground this year hoping for big big plants. I won’t do that next year. They will definitely be in pots so they can be moved under shelter and for various other reasons. It’s so windy here today. My shelter is taking a beating. I’m just hoping it will last another week while we have some good sun before the rain permanently sets in. When that happens I’ll have to harvest.
Have fun with those beauties

Some sort of coco potting mix is best. That way you have total control over the fertilizer application. This year I tried out 40 litre storage bins for pots. They're less likely to flip over in the wind.

Some sort of coco potting mix is best. That way you have total control over the fertilizer application. This year I tried out 40 litre storage bins for pots. They're less likely to flip over in the wind.
Thanks Palesun. This year was a very last minute decision to do a crop. With the things I’ve learned this time around I can barely wait till next season. Let me at em. I definitely appreciate you’re info as I’m always looking to learn more

Did you harvest yet?? Looks like some nice trees under there.
I did. I harvested 3 indicas on September 25. One Sativa on October 1st. I wish I could of went a bit longer but the weather wouldn’t permit it. Everything has been dried. Now it’s all in Mason jars curing. Not a bad haul really considering I had to pick early. Lots of lessons learned this time.
How about you? Did you harvest?

Not yet - I'm indoors tho and not home at the moment. I'm in the middle of a move and am traveling back and forth. My grow is automated so they will be hopefully waiting for me when I get home and should be ready to harvest.

I do have all my windows open and it got down to 40F the other night. Hoping for more purps.

Not yet - I'm indoors tho and not home at the moment. I'm in the middle of a move and am traveling back and forth. My grow is automated so they will be hopefully waiting for me when I get home and should be ready to harvest.

I do have all my windows open and it got down to 40F the other night. Hoping for more purps.
Good luck. Hope all goes well. Happy harvesting

Back
Top Bottom