In the stages of learning

Metal420

I have a couple things im confused about..... First I need to know the key differences in distinguishing whether a plant is a female or a male?...Secondly I cant get clones so i am going to get seeds and i read that 99 percent of seeds are feminized... is it just by chance that you get a male? do i have to keep getting seeds until i get a male? any help and commments would be awsome :thanks:

female will have pistils (white hairs) and males will have balls (pollen sacs)

i dont know where you got your info about seeds. casue its pretty simple to find seeds that arent feminized. in fact most people prefer them.

and why is it you want a male? are you planning on breeding?

ah one of my dipshit friend gave me that info and they also told me i needed a male to grow bud or some shit like that which im guessing is obviously wrong but that is y i wanted to ask cause that info just sounded funny to me. And thank you for the info

ah one of my dipshit friend gave me that info and they also told me i needed a male to grow bud or some shit like that which im guessing is obviously wrong but that is y i wanted to ask cause that info just sounded funny to me. And thank you for the info

hi metal 420

just to clear a few things for you about seeds seedbanks will in general sell a selection of seeds but they will have different strains but also types of seeds so regular seeds will produce male and female plants people usually buy these when they want to select a mother to keep because the strains are usually more stable and feminised mothers have more chance of producing hemophradites which im guesing u dont want to do this yet as im sure ud just like to get a grow finished first now there are feminised seeds these should in a stress free environment produce only female plants but they are not 100% guarenteed they can turn hermaphradite which is a female plant that starts to produce seeds then there are autoflowering seeds which are plants that will start to produce buding sites under long light cycles personally my advice to u as a new grower im guesing ull be growin a small number of plants wud be to go with feminised seeds

p.s male plants will polinate female plants so if u have 6 females and 4 males if u dont remove them males they will pollinate ur females which in turn they will stop producing buds and put all there energy into producing seeds

Ah thank you that clears alot up for me and your right since i am planning on starting my first grow soon all i want to do is get a finished product and im sure i will learn alot through my first grow i just need to get started and i want to make sure i have all the info i need to start it out right tough im sure mistakes will be made but thats part of learing :thanks::thumb:

yield is the term people use for how much dried bud they get from a plant, or grow in general...

eg/

I yielded 70 grams off my purple kush plant.

and yes, you will learn a hell of a lot.

i suggest reading through this forums "how to grow" posts, 3 times.

and read the problems everyone is having as well. these will help prepare you to not make the mistakes they make. Learn from others problems :)

you wont get a perfect grow your first time, or even your 100th time. you can always improve. the goal is to learn, and make it better for next time, until you are satisfied with your outcome.

however, your first 2 grows, are problably your biggest learning grows. The first one, you will probably run into several problems, and who knows maybe you'll get them all figured out for a nice yield... then your second grow, you will probably change your strategy to aviod those issues, and run into several more :).

until you have it completely dialed in, and are growing from a mother, you will always run into minor issues, as even the seeds from the same plant, carry different properties, called phenotypes, where one plant may like high nute doses, while the one next to it, might burn a bit.

those are things you dont have to worry about until way down the road however. once you get familiar and comfortable, and able to grow with your eyes closed.

dont worry. you'll get it. keep on keeping on.

It's very simple you will learn it will just take a few grows. Remember to keep a detailed journal of everything so you can look back at what you did to make them good or bad :)

hell ya i cant wait to start and i already started a journal with like notes and shit and lists of my equipment and i will be keeping that as my first journal.

Back
Top Bottom