Indica Dom - 12"wide, 7.5" tall

CoalCracker

Strain: Indica Dom(bag seed)
Lights: 8, 23w, 1600lumen, 5k CFL
Soil: Miracle Grow Prem Potting Soil 50%, Sphagnum Peat Moss 25%, Perlite 30%, Organic Compost 5%
Fertilizer: Miracle Grow Organic Choice Blood Meal(slow release mixed in soil)
Temp/RH: 68-80f, 48-65%
Water: As needed (2days, 3days, 2days, 3days seems to be the cycle)
Grow Closet: Flower Chamber - 46"wide, 19"deep, 48"tall

Hello fellow growers! I am approaching my 60th day in veg. My Indica is showing clear preflowers of a female!! She is growing strong and fast this last week. She is however growing wider faster than taller. She is currently 12"wide and only 7.5" tall. Should I perhaps raise my lights to allow more top light and less side light? I am using Y's each holding 2, 23w CFL.

It looks like when I do flower she will be the only one since my Sativa Dom is showing signs of sex but they don't look like those seen on the Indica. More like little balls. If this is the case I am thinking I will try out a SCROG setup with her which would make the width beneficial. However I am concerned it will grow too wide for my closet as I have more height available than width.

RECAP: Should I raise my lights to promote vertical growth to better use the space of my cabinet or will they grow taller rather than wider once I induce flowering?

Date of Picture: 11/30/2012, the newest set in the picture has grown into fully developed leaves with branching starting at this point. Will try and get a more up to date picture uploaded today. However they are currently in their night cycle and I don't like to disturb.
IMG_20121130_213056.jpg

I'm growing LA Kush and GDP which are both Indica dominant. They did the same thing. Short and fat. Which is good. They scrog really well. Although a little slow at first. You should be fine. Check out my grow journal. The link is in my signature block. You can see how they started on page one. Then move to the last page to see how they look in thier 33 day of flower.

Back
Top Bottom