Indoor Grow 2010/2011

Bulldog3500

Ok so I have posted a few times here and there mostly about little questions but I have yet to keep a journal for a full grow so here goes. My set up is a 1000 watt HPS on a digital ballast in a 4x4x6 space with a house fan cooling the space at all times (I will be putting a fan on the hood I just have not gotten around to mounting it yet). I am growing in FF Ocean forest soil and as for strains go I have Fucking Incredible, Afgoo, UK cheese (certified through Oaksterdam University) Chemdawg, Cherry Ak-47 (which is 18.7% thc) and a cross between Lavender and Romulan called Bodacious, I will post photos soon.

OK it has been awhile since I put my first post up, but a bunch of things came up one right after the other from my ballast failing to my bulb dieing so I have spent most of my free time getting things back on track. The plants are much much bigger now and I am about a week out from going 12/12 so I am looking for suggestions for nuts to use during flowering I have used a few thing like age old and FF but I am looking to sink a little more cash into it this time so I can get better herb. So without further adieu I give you some some photos,

The Garden

016181.jpg

Afgoo

015201.jpg

Fucking Incredible

014228.jpg

Bodacious

013249.jpg

Cherry AK-47 and Chem Dawg

009348.jpg

There is also a cheese plant in there to I just could not get a good shot of it on it's own if you look at the full garden photo it is the one nearest to the fan and ballast, I will get some better photos when I clone from them in a few days.

So today I am switching to 12/12 I was hopping to wait it out for two weeks more but after cloning them and get a good look at just how big the plants really are I decided to flower. They are all at least 3 feet tall except the Afgoo which has turned out a little poorly but I think it was on my end and not the genetics so I am cloning it to give it another chance, I still do not know what nutrients to go with but I am think about going with A.N Connoisseur with Nirvana and Big Bud or Connoisseur with Bud Candy and Big Bud although I have also heard really good things about Kushie Kush, any and all input would help.

Here is some more Photos

Here is Fucking Incredible
Pl6.jpg

UK Cheese
Pl7.jpg

Chem Dawg
pl8.jpg

And Some more photos of the whole garden
pl111.jpg

pl10.jpg

pl9.jpg

I would have gotten more individual plant photos but I forgot to do it. I will have photos of my new clone box and cloning machine in a day or two.

How long did you veg them for?

Depends on the plant because some were topped and I used low stress training on the UK cheese so some of them are about 2 to 3 months old ware as the younger ones are about a month and a half old.

So I thought it about time to add another entry so here goes. The girls were looking grate for about 3 days after last weeks update and then everything went to hell, luckily I think I have everything under control again but I am not going to tempt fiat for a few days more so I am holding all feedings tell I can get proper nutrients in a few days. On the up side my cuttings are doing well and almost fully rooted. So here are some photos of the girls and the cuttings.

Here is the box I built it is just a frame made of 2x2 with two, two foot 2x8 for the floor with panda film cut to fit covering it
PIC-0084.jpg

Here is the first half of the clone machine
PIC-0085.jpg

Here is the second half
PIC-00861.jpg

Here is a shot of the two main colas on the Fucking Incredible, it is at an angle so it looks like there is only one so I will try and get a better shot because there is really two nice ones in the picture
PIC-00871.jpg

A shot of the UK Cheese one of the Cherry AK's and the Fucking Incredible
PIC-0088.jpg

Bodacious and the second Cherry AK
PIC-00891.jpg

The Chem Dawg
PIC-00901.jpg

The problems with the Bodacious was a major lose and I can't help but expect that it will have an effect on the final yield which is a shame since I had taken the time to carefully manicure it and topping it multiple

Here is a shot of the one of the main colas as you can see the leafs are curled and dying, that picture was taken the two days ago, and by this point I had already taken the measures that needed to be taken to save as much as I could,
times
PIC-00931.jpg

Not the rust colored burnings and curling up and inwards you can see extreme curling on some of the lower leafs
PIC-0092.jpg

Quiet a few of the leafs fell off as a result of the combined problems that I had and it the plant will never truly be the same again, if it was in veg and had a few weeks/months then it would restore itself but at this point already being in bloom it is a heavy blow to it.
PIC-0091.jpg

But all in all I can't complain at least I have some plants there are other people who are less fortunate and it is still early yet, there is still at least 7 more weeks before it is all finished and it may turn out with a better harvest then I expect.

It was one of two problems, both have almost the same signs so I treated for both problems, first I gave it a dose of Epsom salt which I advise giving to any indoor plant gown in soil indoors, it does not hurt the plant and helps brake up the salt that builds up and will not hurt the plant (as long as you are not using it every time you water) once in the plants life or twice if the build up is really bad, I then waited 12 hours before giving it a low dose of Iron. I can not stress enough that when using Iron people should always use as little as possible to fix the problems, I gave it 1/5th of the amount that was advised on the container because of the potency and it is all to easy to OD the plant on Iron, Also I would like to point out the fact that I gave it Epsom salt first, there are a few reasons for that, one is I was hoping that it was just a magnesium problem and it aslo helps when adding Iron by loosening up the before mentioned salt build up which blocks out most minerals such as Iron so by giving the Epsom salt first it insures that the Iron does what it needs to instead of just sitting in the soil unused by the plant. I am still hoping that it will fully bounce back and it might yet but I am not holding my breath.

The leaves that you have problems with, are they only at the top of the plant or lower down? Also, I don't know if I understood you correctly but did you say that you will get rid of salt build-up by adding Epsom salt? Also how is your pH?

OK to clear things up a little, I had a problem that I was not 100% sure on, I thought it was an Iron deficiency but it also looked like it might have been a magnesium problem and since the Epsom Salts is the less invasive option of the two I opted to start with that instead of the Iron because the Iron is so strong that it can do serous damage unless it is really needed so I wanted to make sure it was the problem before using it. The plant is doing much much v=better now and although it lost some leafs it looks like it is doing fine and does not have anymore signs of problems, but now the cheese is not looking good and it may die, but I am not sweating it I have 12 rooted clones so I have some for next time, and the cheese may still turn around but it is looking dead all the leafes curled up and started drying and dying on the plant so I flushed it with over 10 gallons so I am hopeful, if it make it through the night and is still alive in the morning then it has a good chance but I am not holding my breath. Also Epsom salt naturally brakes up hard minerals, and my locale water is a little to high on the salt, not to the point of it hurting the plants but it never hurts to brake the salt up.O, and one more thing the Cheery AK is looking FAT!!! only a week and a half into budding and she already has buds the size of dimes :slide: so I know I will get some killer smoke one way or another out of the harvest.

Hey Bulldog, thanks for the clarification. Epsom salts is magnesium sulfate. You add that when you have a mag deficiency. The dissolved solids in your tap water (or TDS) is usually (and mostly) made up of calcium and magnesium. So if your tap water has high TDS, you're not going to correct the problem by giving them more magnesium. What might be happening is that you might have a pH imbalance and therefore nute lock out. What is the pH of the water you are giving them and do you know the TDS of your water?

It's always good to try everything to save a plant because you will always learn from that experience and use it next time you see problems happening.

Hope this helps. :smokin:

Ok the PH is spot on ware it should be, everything is starting to look killer I am now 2 weeks into 12/12 and it is really starting to show it, I will have pics up soon, I also picked a nute program and started it yesterday. The nutes that I am using are Iguana Juice as the bass nutes with bud candy and big bud (for the next two weeks then I will be switching to overdrive in replacement to the Big Bud). I started off light on the nutes and the plants seem to be loving it, I don't think I will ever really push the nutrient levels on this batch, I am just trying to get a fell for the Advanced Nutrients and don't want to over do it the plants have already been trough enough as it stands. I will post more detailed info when I post the pics.

Back
Top Bottom