Interesting warning!

Jackalope

I am now living in the same town that I met my mentor in years ago. While talking with him yesterday I learned something really interesting. He asked me if I still had cats? Now how in the hell would having cats matter. Other than eating, crushing, or other wise killing a plant LOL. My cats do great around the plants. They value the lights more than the plants. Nap time is in the center of the tent when plants are being watered.

I really didn't know why cats would matter. Come to find out this town has a lot of spider mites outside. Never knew that. The "WHY" was because cats that are allowed to go outside. Can carry tons of stuff in their fur when they come back in. I for one would have never thought of that. I guess his cat brought mites in a couple of times while he lived here.

My cats are indoor only cats so I should be good. What he said really got me wondering. I know for sure there is Powdery Mildew outside of my house. I noticed it when I moved in and have not been back to that section of the yard since. I plan to kill everything over there this spring. While I am smart enough to not go back over there. I just realized how easy it would have been to be infested with with it. I don't think I would have considered it coming in on cat fur. Damn good thing my cats were already indoor cats at the time.

Like I mentioned this warning was so interesting I thought it would be a great one to pass on.

Yup pets are a big time carrier of everything from bugs to spores. My dogs aren't allowed into the grow rooms for that reason. I also change my hat and clothes after working outside to try and avoid bringing stuff in on myself.

My cats love the grow room. They don't do the outside thing so I will let them love it.

I have had a few great pictures ruined because I didn't notice a cat hair LOL. I am a druggie from way back. Pretty sure a cat hair here and there is not the worst thing I have ever smoked LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom