Freaking cat!

it's not mine

So I had Northern Lights, Moby Dick and AK-47 seedlings in the housethat I've been nurturing daily. Yesterday my cell phone starts blowing up with all these text messages from my daughter showing 3 of the 4 seedlings we had in the house were destroyed. Eaten by the cat. Which strain do you think he left uneaten? The f-king Moby Dick medical cannabis plant! He couldn't have left alone the Northern Lights seedling?? What a dick!

Why?

WHY?

The only Advantage here is the cat didn't tear up mature plants that took months to grow. Start some new ones and get the cat some catnip

So much for keeping your grow secure...

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Sorry mate I know that was cruel but you've no idea how many people fall victim to their furry little overlords. Those viscious wee bastards are the no1 cause of all cannabis related homicides.
They kill even more plants than clueless hydroshop guys.
NEVER TRUST THEM WITH YOUR BABIES!! #CATSCANKILL
#MURDERINGWEEFLUFFYFUCKERS!!!

That looks identical to a weed that we in Scotland call 'stingy nettles.' (Pronounced sting-ee neh-tulls)
It's got angled hairs on the underside that sting you if you rub it towards the plant. Can rub it from the stem outward though.
Im asuming its not the same thing but it does look remarkably similar. Must be in the same family at least. Off to Google go go :)

See....
Screenshot_20190622-210640.png

I feel your pain... back when i was growing in a tent, we lost our cat for about 5 hours and you guessed it already... she was sunning herself with my grow :rolleyes:. A few weeks later i had a huge infestation of spider mites and had to burn the whole crop :(

That looks identical to a weed that we in Scotland call 'stingy nettles.' (Pronounced sting-ee neh-tulls)
It's got angled hairs on the underside that sting you if you rub it towards the plant. Can rub it from the stem outward though.
Im asuming its not the same thing but it does look remarkably similar. Must be in the same family at least. Off to Google go go :)
Lemon balm, mint also look like cat nip same family i assume.

cats like weed. should always grow catnip for them.

both cats and dogs have endocannabinoid systems. dogs are actually more sensitive, but they are smart enough not to eat it.

Why?

WHY?

Because you left the door open? Because, having done so, you failed to leave a nice "meat animal" in there for it? Because you have an outdoor animal in an indoor world? Because you're not giving it enough "cat grass" (I forget the actual name), and it needed to eat the seedlings so it could attempt to vomit a hairball?

If you want to get back at it, wait until you see it at its food bowl and go take it away from it. Make it stand there and watch you eat 3/4 of its food. That'll teach it.

Or you could trade it for a goldfish. They don't seem to bother people's seedlings all that often.

I had two cats - well, plus a bunch more over the years, but I can't seem to get any to live longer than ~21 years, so they "go away" - a few years ago. One loved to lay on the grow space floor. The other was a little smaller, and liked to lay on top of the soil in a five-gallon bucket. Neither ate (from) the plants, although this non-eating often gets learned by experience (lol). But then the one that liked to hang out on the floor died there, which was quite an unpleasant experience (for the both of us, one assumes). So I told the other one to stay out. And... you know...

CLOSED THE DOOR.

If you CBA to do that, place seedlings and fresh cuttings out of reach (which is probably greater than you think it is, unless you've ever been pounced on by a feline from a high spot) and dedicate a small part of one corner to the animal by growing a container (doesn't have to be elaborate or even of any real size) of cat grass and one of catnip.

Would be nice of you to do that even if/when you learn to keep the door shut, come to think of it.

EDIT: Another article on "cat grass," this one with five different suggested types:

Because you left the door open? Because, having done so, you failed to leave a nice "meat animal" in there for it? Because you have an outdoor animal in an indoor world? Because you're not giving it enough "cat grass" (I forget the actual name), and it needed to eat the seedlings so it could attempt to vomit a hairball?

If you want to get back at it, wait until you see it at its food bowl and go take it away from it. Make it stand there and watch you eat 3/4 of its food. That'll teach it.

Or you could trade it for a goldfish. They don't seem to bother people's seedlings all that often.

I had two cats - well, plus a bunch more over the years, but I can't seem to get any to live longer than ~21 years, so they "go away" - a few years ago. One loved to lay on the grow space floor. The other was a little smaller, and liked to lay on top of the soil in a five-gallon bucket. Neither ate (from) the plants, although this non-eating often gets learned by experience (lol). But then the one that liked to hang out on the floor died there, which was quite an unpleasant experience (for the both of us, one assumes). So I told the other one to stay out. And... you know...

CLOSED THE DOOR.

If you CBA to do that, place seedlings and fresh cuttings out of reach (which is probably greater than you think it is, unless you've ever been pounced on by a feline from a high spot) and dedicate a small part of one corner to the animal by growing a container (doesn't have to be elaborate or even of any real size) of cat grass and one of catnip.

Would be nice of you to do that even if/when you learn to keep the door shut, come to think of it.

EDIT: Another article on "cat grass," this one with five different suggested types:
Haha mate you're awesome. Enough said :)

Back
Top Bottom