Is budwashing still good?

keith1975

The first year of growing I budwashed every time. So I don't really know what it's like to not budwash. But until now, I had no choice, because I had mite issues. So I had to wash it. Now that mites are no longer an issue, I don't bud wash. I hose down the plant before I chop it down, but that's it.

1. Am I going to regret not bud washing properly? (With baking soda, 4 buckets etc)
2. Do you guys still budwash?

You can Google bud washing and find a few threads on it.

Since you're interested in edibles most are filtered after preparation.

You can find 25 micron screens on Amazon that will filter out anything particulate.

I gave mine a good wash - first with a garden hose sprayer up against a screen - then a bath in lemon juice and baking soda - then another good swish in clear water. I was worried that the garden hose may be a bit aggressive - just by looking it didn't seem to hurt any, but I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not. I also had aphids.

The first year of growing I budwashed every time. So I don't really know what it's like to not budwash. But until now, I had no choice, because I had mite issues. So I had to wash it. Now that mites are no longer an issue, I don't bud wash. I hose down the plant before I chop it down, but that's it.

1. Am I going to regret not bud washing properly? (With baking soda, 4 buckets etc)
2. Do you guys still budwash?

I do. One way to find out. Don’t bud wash part of the harvest. Bud Washing

I read a lengthy thread on bud washing and proceeded to wash my first chop of my last grow, a couple weeks later I did a second chop and didn't wash. I didn't see enough difference to add that other step to harvesting.
(Indoor grow, no pests or signs of mildew or mold)

I read a lengthy thread on bud washing and proceeded to wash my first chop of my last grow, a couple weeks later I did a second chop and didn't wash. I didn't see enough difference to add that other step to harvesting.
(Indoor grow, no pests or signs of mildew or mold)
Hi RaggedyMan. Have you smoked it yet? How do you cure? :hookah:

Sounds like me. The first time I tried it I did some washed and some without washing and compared that way. The difference was very noticeable smoke wise for me.

I really did want to wash the second cut but had an out of town death in the family and was afraid to leave it growing as I was having pH fluctuation problems. I had to cut & run and just didn't have the time. A lot of what I read people were talking about how dirty the water was after the wash but mine was just as clean as when I started other than small trimming pieces.

Still do and will always
I do a rinse only kinda thing and makes a big difference just dip in one bucket swish around and hang over my sink to drip sometimes I'll run water over them just make sure it's warm I use 77 degrees as a target don't power wash them just let run over them
If I see mites or anything I do the lemon and baking soda pre wash that's when running water over them is best for a final rinse
I do get compliments on how smooth it comes out from people with sensitive lungs even fellow grows that's been doing it alot longer than me think I'm story telling when I tell them wash that shit off of coarse they don't even have cell phones kinda old school

Back
Top Bottom