Is it alright for a plant 20 days behind to look better than older one?

Goner

I have 2 Candy Kush plants and one is 20 days older than the other. The older plant is in a 5 Gal. pot and the younger 1 is in a 2 Gal. pot. Does this matter? And do they look alright? they are both in the same soil and get nutes from fox farm trio schedule. With plain PH 5.6 water every other watering.

CandyKush day48.jpg

KerryKush day 37.jpg

Does this matter?
If you're going with the FF trio, the only issues that might arise with the 2 gallon pot is if the plant gets rootbound. Rootbound plants (besides needing water daily), can show nutrient issues as there are more roots than soil to hold the nutrients needed.
And do they look alright?
They look good to me except for some paleness in some top leaves in the second pic. Are they photos or autos?
With plain PH 5.6 water every other watering.
5.6? Is there a reason you're down that low? If you are using quality soil feel free not to pH that water.

these are Auto's and the ph is between 5.6 and 5.8 and I use Ocean Forest 3 parts and Happy Frog for 1 with extra perlite and coco in my mix. The younger plant was for me to make some more Pollen with CS but not now.

Thanks these are my 2nd and 3rd plants ever. I just dont want to mess them up. My first pollen experiment was in same size small pot and it was in week 4 that I started spraying with CS. I know it was a GG#4 not candy kush but it didnt flower like this one. Do I try to replant it into a 5Gal. pot now? Or let it be?

I water the little 1 every other day about a solo cup and 1/2. And the big 1 about the same time but about 1/4 gal. I dont want to over water them. I push my finger into the soil and if it is still moist then I wont add water.

If you notice the red things in the pots those are old water bottle tube I placed in the soil. With holes melted into them to get water to the bottom of the plants. I funnel the water down these slowly to get it to the bottom roots.

I would just mix up 2 gallons of nutes and water them both to runoff. A 2 gallon pot would probably take less than half a gallon to runoff, and the 5 gallon would be about a gallon. I think Fox Farms says to water 2x a week with their nutes, but you need to watch your plants and see if they're happy with that. Some are hungrier, or if the 2 gallon one needs water every other day than I would feed it more often.

When I was using FF trio I fed every time I watered!

Back
Top Bottom