Is it bad to disturb your plants when the lights are off even if they are autoflower?

Re: Is it bad to disturb your plants when the lights are off even if they are autoflo

She looks just fine bud. If anything it looks like you can intensify her light a but more. She is showing some stretch so if you can give her a little more light or get it a little closer to her she will like it. Don't go to an extreme but she is telling you that she can handle more for sure.

Re: Is it bad to disturb your plants when the lights are off even if they are autoflo

My autoflower plants are 12 days old above ground they are small for there age i think i stunted there growth form not keeping my tent dark enough during lights off hours i am doing 18/6, will my plants be able to recover ? And will they be any less potent ? My plants are supposed to be ready in 7 weeks from seed

Heres another thing. A 12 days old they are just transitioning from using the energy stored in the seed to grow to using the roots and nutes in the soil so be sure everythings on point as far as the soil goes. pH will be very important! What are they growing in? What medium are you using?

You mentioned that you turn your fan off during dark periods?? Why do you do that?

My exhaust fan and circulation fan stay on 24/7. There's no need for it to be off. It will keep the circulation for you without opening your tent...

I changed that i am now leaving my fans on when my lights are off and i am taking extra steps to make sure my tent is dark . I get why it has to be dark for your plants to bud but i dont get why it has to be so so dark, aren't plants that grow outside exposed to the moonlight and the light from the stars and they still bud. Are cannabis plants that are grown indoors more sensitive to light ?

Ok now i know that you should keep your tent very dark and you should not disturb your plants when the lights are off , do you also have to make sure your tent is quiet when the lights are off ?

Ok now i know that you should keep your tent very dark and you should not disturb your plants when the lights are off , do you also have to make sure your tent is quiet when the lights are off ?

No, you don't need it to be quiet. I will quote a few to make the answer about moonlight easier.

"
The moon gives off a refracted glow caused by sunlight hitting the moon. It is not direct sunlight therefore not considered "light". If you look up how to grow plants by the moon's cycle you'll see that paying attention to the moon can be very beneficial to plant growth and development. I've used the moon's cycle for a number of years and by doing certain things (fertilizing, trimming, germinating, transplanting etc) during certain moon cycles your plants will flourish and reduce stresses on your plants. I've noticed most that transplanting and pruning are greatly benefited by the moon's cycles. It seems to reduce the shock and stress on plants and they bounce back very quickly if done at certain times".

"It takes less than one half of one foot candle ( about 5 lux ) to prevent plants from flowering. That is a little more light than is reflected by a full moon on a clear night. If the photoperiod is disrupted for 2 - 3 consecutive nights it will cause the plant to revert to the vegetative state. If there is a light leak it could cause only one side of the plant to flower, while the side receiving light at night will continue vegetative growth".

No, you don't need it to be quiet. I will quote a few to make the answer about moonlight easier.

"
The moon gives off a refracted glow caused by sunlight hitting the moon. It is not direct sunlight therefore not considered "light". If you look up how to grow plants by the moon's cycle you'll see that paying attention to the moon can be very beneficial to plant growth and development. I've used the moon's cycle for a number of years and by doing certain things (fertilizing, trimming, germinating, transplanting etc) during certain moon cycles your plants will flourish and reduce stresses on your plants. I've noticed most that transplanting and pruning are greatly benefited by the moon's cycles. It seems to reduce the shock and stress on plants and they bounce back very quickly if done at certain times".

"It takes less than one half of one foot candle ( about 5 lux ) to prevent plants from flowering. That is a little more light than is reflected by a full moon on a clear night. If the photoperiod is disrupted for 2 - 3 consecutive nights it will cause the plant to revert to the vegetative state. If there is a light leak it could cause only one side of the plant to flower, while the side receiving light at night will continue vegetative growth".

Thats crazy you can have one plant flowering on one half of it and vegitating on the other half of it ? My plants are autoflowering i hope darkness is not as important for them as it is for regular plants

Thats crazy you can have one plant flowering on one half of it and vegitating on the other half of it ? My plants are autoflowering i hope darkness is not as important for them as it is for regular plants

A solid routine is just as important. Anything else will affect the plant somehow through either sex, time or yield.

A solid routine is just as important. Anything else will affect the plant somehow through either sex, time or yield.

I am changing when i water my plants from lights off to lights on, is it going to take time for my plants to get used to that change?

I am changing when i water my plants from lights off to lights on, is it going to take time for my plants to get used to that change?

Watering should never really have a routine. Water when water is needed and that's all the routine you should have for water. If the containers feels like the weight of almost nothing right before lights out then water it then. If it feels like there is enough water weight in the pot to get you half way through the next day then water it at noon (lights on noon) the next day.

Your plants are small for their age because smoking stunts one's growth (wink wink).

Back
Top Bottom