Is it ok to change up the amount of light you give your autoflower ?

popolino77

i am growing early miss autoflower i do not have my lights connected to a timer but i try to turn my lights on and off around the same time each day give or take 10 minutes . today i turned my lights off a full half hour later then i usually do. is this bad ? or is it ok to give autoflowers a half hour more light then usual once in a while ?

Might I suggest a different approach to your question. Why not break down and spend the 9 dollars and just by a timer for your lights. Set it and forget it, problem solved. If 9 dollars is out of your budget, then check out different local 2nd hand outlets such as Goodwill or the local internet sales. I know I needed an extra fan for air circulation and found one for under 5 dollars, in fact they had 2 that fit the bill for what I was looking for so I bought both since the price was so cheap.

Might I suggest a different approach to your question. Why not break down and spend the 9 dollars and just by a timer for your lights. Set it and forget it, problem solved. If 9 dollars is out of your budget, then check out different local 2nd hand outlets such as Goodwill or the local internet sales. I know I needed an extra fan for air circulation and found one for under 5 dollars, in fact they had 2 that fit the bill for what I was looking for so I bought both since the price was so cheap.

the reason I have not bought a timer yet is because I been to lazy to go out and buy one. I am going to buy one today. but is the extra half hour of light my plant is going to get today not good ?

Well it is an auto so I can not speak from experience. I know you can do it with photo's if it is only once in a great while without issues but with autos I really do not know. Either way it is a done deal, unless you have a Delorean and have mastered the Flux-capacitor. Just get motivated and go buy the timer and be done with it.

re: Is it ok to change up the amount of light you give your autoflower?

For a auto i dont exactly know but to be sure i would say get a time for simple to be sure it wont stress to much from trippy light scedual you gif the plant and the price of a analog timer is not that high just bougt one yesterday for my veg room for €2.07 so

Take it easy take a timer

re: Is it ok to change up the amount of light you give your autoflower?

Auto-flowering varieties of marijuana don't rely on a change in light schedule to determine when to flower. These strains (sometimes called "Lowryders") will finish their whole life cycle in two to three months, regardless of how much light they receive a day. The next question, then, is how much light to give auto-flowering or Lowryder marijuana plants if you are growing indoors?

Most people seem to agree that the optimum amount of light to give is 18-24 hours of light a day for auto-flowering strains of marijuana. I have spoken with two people who have grown Lowryders personally and they have both told me that their auto-flowering plants seemed to do best when given 18-20 hours of light a day (as opposed to 24 hours a day). They both said that their plant's leaves seemed to be more green and healthy looking when given a 4-6 hour "dark period" every day. This obviously isn't a large sampling of people, but from what I've read on forums online, there does seem to be a general consensus among experienced Lowryder growers that 18 hours of light a day is best for auto-flowering strains.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom