Can I change autoflower light schedule?

Personal Stash

I have this gorilla glue autoflower that outgrew it's sisters in the tent so I stuck it in my closet. It currently gets 18/6 light. Only problem is I have plans for this closet so, I want to move it into the main room after 12 hours in the closet. It won't be getting any useful light for these other 12 hours but it won't be dark either. It is in week 4 to 5 in flower. Here's a picture. I want to know if this will ruin my chances of getting good bud. All opinions/suggestions welcome. Thanks.

IMG_20210919_145625.jpg

Yes.

I have a small fan on the floor and one above the plant and I keep the door open while the light is on. I accept a lower yield, I just wanted to make sure I will actually have a yield. From what you say, I should be OK. Thanks.

IMG_20210919_193832.jpg

Yeah that’s gonna diminish yields for auto…..

Not if you maintain the DLI. Well... it depends. If attempting to maintain the DLI means that you end up providing the plant with more light-energy than it can process, given the temperature, CO2 level, et cetera... then, yes, expect yield to suffer.

Not if you maintain the DLI. Well... it depends. If attempting to maintain the DLI means that you end up providing the plant with more light-energy than it can process, given the temperature, CO2 level, et cetera... then, yes, expect yield to suffer.
It will suffer more from a lack of fresh air, I don't think a couple of wafters is enough

What's DLI? Is that a formula for temps, light and ventilation?

I can put a bigger fan on her, do you think that will help? I never close the door so I thought that it didn't really need a lot of air moving but more air is better I guess. I already have a bigger fan.

It will suffer more from a lack of fresh air, I don't think a couple of wafters is enough
and have a belated Happy Birthday.

this.
even simpler - if your light is powerful enough. but yes same same if you maintain a decent environment.
it's good to see you back and posting again TS.

I can put a bigger fan on her, do you think that will help? I never close the door so I thought that it didn't really need a lot of air moving but more air is better I guess. I already have a bigger fan.

it looks like you have enough light in that closet for the one plant. it's the rest that will need a bit of tweaking. you could finish it where it is, but it may not be ideal.

everyone starts somewhere. getting spaces sorted is 3/4 of the battle. until pests and nute issues ... :p

What's DLI? Is that a formula for temps, light and ventilation?

(In that last thread: Especially @Icemud 's posts; that cat has gained some serious lighting knowledge from experience, work, and research/reading.)

Basically, what I meant with my previous statement was that a person can generally reduce amount of time per day that an autoflowering plant receives light, and maintain yield when doing so, if the total amount of light-energy remains the same and IF the plant is able to process all of it at that increased level of irradiance. As the temperature increases, cannabis can process more light-energy. The peak temperature seems to vary, but 88.7°F is probably the useful maximum. It can actually process even more at temperatures above that - but not at average ambient CO2 level; the gardener would have to supplement it (bottle/regulator/monitor/etc.). There is a relationship between amount of light, temperature, and CO2. A web-search would help with that (and might show that my memory is off a bit on that maximum temperature, lol, IDK).

it's good to see you back and posting again TS.

Thank you! It looks like I'll be permanently accessing the forum via cell phone, so (as you can see) my posts are going to be shorter than they were in the past :(. Expect spelling mistakes and word substitutions, too.

(In that last thread: Especially @Icemud 's posts; that cat has gained some serious lighting knowledge from experience, work, and research/reading.)

Basically, what I meant with my previous statement was that a person can generally reduce amount of time per day that an autoflowering plant receives light, and maintain yield when doing so, if the total amount of light-energy remains the same and IF the plant is able to process all of it at that increased level of irradiance. As the temperature increases, cannabis can process more light-energy. The peak temperature seems to vary, but 88.7°F is probably the useful maximum. It can actually process even more at temperatures above that - but not at average ambient CO2 level; the gardener would have to supplement it (bottle/regulator/monitor/etc.). There is a relationship between amount of light, temperature, and CO2. A web-search would help with that (and might show that my memory is off a bit on that maximum temperature, lol, IDK).

Thank you! It looks like I'll be permanently accessing the forum via cell phone, so (as you can see) my posts are going to be shorter than they were in the past :(. Expect spelling mistakes and word substitutions, too.
I was on the hunt for EXACTLY this plethora of information. I'm contemplating throwing my autos under 18-6 from 24-0 when they begin to flower. Never done that- A. Changing up their schedule and B. Running anything other than 24-0 on them. I have a little time but not much to make a decision

I like 20 / 4 for an autoflower light schedule. Seems to be the sweet spot for them. I read about an experiment a gardener did - not clones, of course, but seeds from the same parents - where he grew three sets of them, under 18 / 6, 20 / 4, and 24 / 0. The 20 / 4 set yielded the most.

As always, though, "your mileage may vary" applies.

I like 20 / 4 for an autoflower light schedule. Seems to be the sweet spot for them. I read about an experiment a gardener did - not clones, of course, but seeds from the same parents - where he grew three sets of them, under 18 / 6, 20 / 4, and 24 / 0. The 20 / 4 set yielded the most.

As always, though, "your mileage may vary" applies.
I appreciate that insight and research sharing TS! Thanks bud!

Back
Top Bottom