Is it harvest time or am I being too impatient because of lock-down syndrome?

Tomsonfire

420 Member
Hi guys/gals New member here.

I am growing what I think is a sativa. I got the seed out of a 20 bag I bought, but the weed where I live is a little different from your usual high-grade stuff, don't get me wrong, the weed does what it's supposed to...anyway this plant has been on the grow since December last year and really i think I am looking for excuses to chop it down and get really stoned!

Can anyone give me some guidance on whether they think it's ready for the chop? I grew one which was of the same strain a few months earlier, the leaves turned so that gave me a lot of indication that it was ready but this plant is almost twice the size...

Attachments

• bud1.jpg
    bud1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • bud2.jpg
    bud2.jpg
    934.8 KB · Views: 100
  • bud3.jpg
    bud3.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 107
That's when i harvested my first plant, the bud is also wet in this pic

Attachments

• 86408139_785443115295925_3898916022194798592_n.jpg
    86408139_785443115295925_3898916022194798592_n.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
I've only seen 1 other strain grow like that. Dr. Grinspoon. Maybe it wont fill out much more, I'd love to try some though! I'd imagine it hits the head strong!
No, the buds don't fill out much more, it's a good strain to smoke because it's not over-powering.
I did notice that the weed i got the seeds from were always hermaphrodites but the plants i grew produce better buds and are just pure female.

Damn. I thought I had a pretty great season. You have a dream season. If you want to hurry it a little you can put the plant where it gets the sun at the same time in the morning but gets shaded an hour earlier in the evening than it did before. It will be a little darker earlier and might hurry things a very little .

Well the sun rises at around 6:30 am and sets the same time in the evening, it's the same all year round, perhaps an hour or so later in the summer but not a huge difference. These sativa strains seem to relish the weather conditions here, where as i have a auto-flower on the go as well but hasn't grown as big as I thought it would.

Here's my Nothern Auto flower 7.5 weeks young, I bought 6 seeds, 3 sprouted, 2 seedlings eaten by birds ‍♂️♂️ = 1 auto flower

Attachments

• Af1.jpg
    Af1.jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 71
  • AF2.jpg
    AF2.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 70
Damn. I thought I had a pretty great season. You have a dream season. If you want to hurry it a little you can put the plant where it gets the sun at the same time in the morning but gets shaded an hour earlier in the evening than it did before. It will be a little darker earlier and might hurry things a very little .
Well the sun rises at around 6:30 am and sets the same time in the evening, it's the same all year round, perhaps an hour or so later in the summer but not a huge difference. These sativa strains seem to relish the weather conditions here, where as i have a auto-flower on the go as well but hasn't grown as big as I thought it would.
Tomsonfire, I think that what @Lerugged is suggesting is moving the plant so that it gets at least one hour more of heavy shade, preferably in the last hour of the daylight. That extra time without strong direct sunlight could induce the plant to produce more of the hormone that promotes flowering.

I randomly picked a city in the Mauritius Island (Port Louis) to see what the sunrise and sunset times would be in that general area. Interesting that the sunrise time in Port Louis will remain around 6:00 and the sunset time will be under a minute sooner each day until your winter solstice. Around here we are gaining almost a minute on each end until our summer solstice in June.

You grew pretty good sized plant on that smaller pot (the square pink container) in the first photo. Good job with that.

Have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom