Is it ok if I switch to flower?

KevTheMadMan

420 Member
So I had topped the three branches in the back about 4 days ago. Should I wait until the new branches grow a bit or would it be ok to switch to flower? I ask because I'm getting to the two month mark and it's also getting to the point where if I let it grow much taller I might run out of vertical room by the time its fully grown in my closet. Thnx advice is appreciated. Also, I gotta admit I probably shouldn't of topped those three in the back, wasn't sure what I was thinking, I guess I had hoped to create more colas but the problem is that branch in the front grew much faster than the rest so I had topped that one earlier, now its got 4 new branches which are starting to outgrow the back three branches. Ugh 'doing things high' problems, am I right?

Attachments

• IMG_20200901_225321862.jpg
    IMG_20200901_225321862.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200901_225414758.jpg
    IMG_20200901_225414758.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56
This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

you might get a way with it ,

next time give this a go , then your good every time Mainlining for colas takes time , but i can make up to 64 main colas with little height needed im at 8 tops now, next cut gives me 16 tops :) its added to my journal if any body would like to learn this , its fool proof BTW just need a steady hand
P1080811.JPGP1090042.JPGP1080969.JPGP1090092.JPGP1090233.JPG

Interesting i'll try to remember that the next time. Follow-up question, when should I start pruning or "lolipopping" the lower branches and possible bud sites? I had topped the three back branches about 4 days ago, how long should you wait for the plant to recover before I start? Should I wait until I go into preflower to trim lower branches in case they catch up with the taller branches?

The thing is I got limited vertical space. I figure, if the plant can possibly double in size after switching to flower, it'll be too tall within the next couple of weeks to fit in my grow area. So I gotta make the call soon as to whether or not I should trim the lower branches that most definitely won't reach the canopy. I'm talking about trimming the 0-3 inch branches on the bottom of the plant in case I wasn't being clear.

Man the plant was looking so good with multiple colas and healthy looking leaves, but I believe I see male pre-flowers. I'm two days into changing to 12/12 lighting so it's still early so I might wait a couple days to see if I find more signs but I'm pretty sure it's a goner. Ugh so much work down the drain lol, oh well. I had planted three bag seeds and this was the only one to sprout. Started another round of bag seeds but this time I tried to use seeds that were rounder(less football more egg shaped) cause I read that that is a possible way to spot female seeds. But I'm sure like most things it's not a guarantee. I wonder if a power outage, which had cut off power 10 hours into the light(on) cycle then turned back on when there was only an hour of light(on) left, than afterwards 8 hours of darkness, could of messed with the plant to a point of turning it hermie or male? it happened about 4 weeks into growing.

Attachments

• IMG_20200907_233659872.jpg
    IMG_20200907_233659872.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200907_235846226.jpg
    IMG_20200907_235846226.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom