Is my baby ready to harvest?

Caramanos2000

420 Member
This is an unknown strain that turned out to be autoflowering and my first grow. Do you guys think its ready?

20160118_194547.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-21-11-57-08.png
20160121_111146.jpg

You still have a lot of white hairs. Let those buds fill out and more of the hairs turn brown. When the trics look cloudy and/or are showing some amber trics (not all strains show amber) then you can harvest a bud off the top, do a quick dry, and see if the smoke tastes acceptable.

A test bud is not going to be as smooth as a well-cured bud, but it will give you an idea as to what kind of high it gives you at this stage. WHEN you harvest the whole plant, is purely personal preference, but you need to give Sativas at least a month longer than Indicas. It's worth the wait! :Namaste:

Sativas take a whole lot longer than indicas to mature. A couple of my Sativa ladies went 100 days in flower, and were foxtailing by the time I called it quits. BTW, their trics never did turn amber!

You still have a lot of white hairs. Let those buds fill out and more of the hairs turn brown. When the trics look cloudy and/or are showing some amber trics (not all strains show amber) then you can harvest a bud off the top, do a quick dry, and see if the smoke tastes acceptable.

A test bud is not going to be as smooth as a well-cured bud, but it will give you an idea as to what kind of high it gives you at this stage. WHEN you harvest the whole plant, is purely personal preference, but you need to give Sativas at least a month longer than Indicas. It's worth the wait! :Namaste:

Sativas take a whole lot longer than indicas to mature. A couple of my Sativa ladies went 100 days in flower, and were foxtailing by the time I called it quits. BTW, their trics never did turn amber!

Thanks for the tips, I know this baby has been flowering for months now but I wish I knew the strain. Regardless I will give her some more time and post back when I see some changes.

If you do not have a jewelers coup or pocket micro-scope I would suggest you pick one up. It is the best way to check your trichomes to see exactly how cloudy or clear they are. When those little white hairs on the flower are about 80% brown you are getting pretty close and need to be checking daily if not a couple times per day.

Looks like you should wait at least a week more. Start lessening your light time by 10 minutes a day till then and quit watering a week before you plan to harvest. Make those Lady's stress just for a day or two and you will be very happy.

Just how I do it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom