Is my girl too bushy?

Lifeandtimes

Hi,

I'm growing my skunk #1 and feel she may be too bushy as the lower leaves aren't getting much light and due to this these leaves a thinner and smaller.

Should I trim some fan leaves away? Has anyone done this and what are the effects?
20170810_203455.jpg

I'm using a cfl light 250 watt. She has just been turned to flowering light cycle a week ago after a few weeks of veg with nutes and haven't used flowering nutes yet but will next time I water her. She's 52 cm tall and will more than likely double now
Any advice is appreciated

I have pruned heavily and often in a 24/0 hydro grow that was very bushy to help keep air circulating and to get rid of leaves that were in shadow or blocking lights to buds.

BTW, it looks like that CFL could probably be a lot closer to the plant. CFLs work best very close to the plant. As long as it passes the "back of the hand" test for not being to hot, you can move them in really close and get the benefits of way more lumens...

Thanks for your replies.

I only raised the light this evening to try and give the leaves at the sides more light by reflection but I will lower it again.

Ill give her maybe 3 weeks and then trim the fan leaves off to give the buds some light

Back
Top Bottom