Too bushy?

Beeb

420 Member
I tried to look if someone posted a plant like this. But couldnt find a similar.

Got seed from a friend cant remember strain, but mostly sativa. This is a practice grow.

4,5weeks old.

Its 33cm wide (i guess 13 inches) an 12 cm tall (6 inches).

Lights started at 45cm but now hightened to 65cm. Light is 330w led full spectum. Started at 100% now 40%.

Node distance on mainstalk about 1cm. Sidebranches now longer than mainstalk 1 week after topping.

3-1-2 fertiliser according to manufacturer instructions.

Soil without perlite, just pure bought soil.

Humidity 50-60%, temperature 23-24C.

Should i prune or something? Cant even see mainstalk from the side, very big fanleaves.

Or should i just let it grow like this. Looks healthy, just extremely bushy. And with lights at 65cm and 150w, i havent found anything to indicate i should lift them further.
589902A6-4C74-4FAD-AA26-A604870D0E64.jpeg
47E60CD9-23E7-4438-9E57-BBB23666DAC9.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I tried to look if someone posted a plant like this. But couldnt find a similar.

Got seed from a friend cant remember strain, but mostly sativa. This is a practice grow.

4,5weeks old.

Its 33cm wide (i guess 13 inches) an 12 cm tall (6 inches).

Lights started at 45cm but now hightened to 65cm. Light is 330w led full spectum. Started at 100% now 40%.

Node distance on mainstalk about 1cm. Sidebranches now longer than mainstalk 1 week after topping.

3-1-2 fertiliser according to manufacturer instructions.

Soil without perlite, just pure bought soil.

Humidity 50-60%, temperature 23-24C.

Should i prune or something? Cant even see mainstalk from the side, very big fanleaves.

Or should i just let it grow like this. Looks healthy, just extremely bushy. And with lights at 65cm and 150w, i havent found anything to indicate i should lift them further.
589902A6-4C74-4FAD-AA26-A604870D0E64.jpeg
47E60CD9-23E7-4438-9E57-BBB23666DAC9.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Beautiful squat indica, my favorite.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
I like to let them stay bushy.
But it's up to you.
As long as she is healthy I'd let her go.
Hope your having a great day.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284

Can you elaborate? Squat indica? Ive been topping sidebraches (today) to slow down growth bc i need others to catch up.

Im just worried this will take the whole tent and i have 3 more… 😀

Beautiful squat indica, my favorite.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
I like to let them stay bushy.
But it's up to you.
As long as she is healthy I'd let her go.
Hope your having a great day.
Take care.

Bill284
And thank you for the welcome 😊

1m x 1m. I know its too small, but i put the seeds germinating and then started to buy stuff and read. 😂🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't change a thing.
Squat and thick is good especially in such a small space.
Ok, thank you.

I guess its that first time thing… nervous about everything and reading everything you can find. Havent seen descripions about this bushy plants anywhere though, so was worried about the future buds.

Even though its practice, i want to do it right 😊

I know its doing well, just wondering if i should adjust something or prune.

That's a great looking plant and one reason why you have that very desirable plant shape ("morphology") is because of the amount of light that you've given it.

Why did you turn the light level down? Cannabis thrives under high light levels.

The wattage of the grow light is a very rough indicator of how much light the fixture can generate. I also use lights that draw 330 watts and,

45 cm = 18"
65 cm = 26"

At 65 cm and 40%, you're giving your plants very little light.

What's the make and model of your light?

These photos are from my current grow which has been grown using 330 watt fixtures (I use a veg light first and then a flower light). It's doing well.

IMG_9768.jpeg
IMG_9805.jpeg

Ok, thank you.

I guess its that first time thing… nervous about everything and reading everything you can find. Havent seen descripions about this bushy plants anywhere though, so was worried about the future buds.

Even though its practice, i want to do it right 😊

I know its doing well, just wondering if i should adjust something or prune.
I would strongly recommend that you check out the YouTube videos by Dr. Bruce Bugbee. This video is a good start.

Re. pruning/defoliation - the only defol I do is to remove dead and dying leaves and to remove growth from the "undercarriage" that will not grow into a usable product ("popcorn" buds and branches that are < the thickness of a pencil).

I’ll check him out but in general I can’t stand any of the YouTube cannabis people with their annoying stoner accent
I understand.

Dr. Bugbee is a professor at Utah State and the founder and President of Apogee Instruments (full disclosure - I adopted a lot of Bugbee's advice including getting an Apogee). He's has been doing research for NASA for decades, primarily working on growing crops in space. He's done about a dozen YT videos and they're all worth watching. He's a 50-something, definitely a professor type. Gravely voice and a bit frumpy.

The graphic below was in one of the first of his vids that I'd watched. It turned out to be very helpful.

Parameters of Growth.png

The above meant for you.
Good morning @Beeb Hope everything is going well today. :high-five:
1m x 1m thats the length and width?
How tall is it.
Rule of thumb your girls will double in size plus you need room for the light.
You can tie them down and spread them if height is an issue .
9 sq ft is tight but doable.
Hope it goes well.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

That's a great looking plant and one reason why you have that very desirable plant shape ("morphology") is because of the amount of light that you've given it.

Why did you turn the light level down? Cannabis thrives under high light levels.

The wattage of the grow light is a very rough indicator of how much light the fixture can generate. I also use lights that draw 330 watts and,

45 cm = 18"
65 cm = 26"

At 65 cm and 40%, you're giving your plants very little light.

What's the make and model of your light?

These photos are from my current grow which has been grown using 330 watt fixtures (I use a veg light first and then a flower light). It's doing well.

IMG_9768.jpeg
IMG_9805.jpeg
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I heightened it and lowered intensity bc it had some yellow burns on new growth and it wouldnt bother me if it streched a bit. It helped for the burns, so now i put the effect to 60%. Ill keep experimenting with that. If it starts to stretch a lot ill put it to 100%

Im sorry, i dont want to say the model; its a local brand, so im sure u understand 😉

Ive understood that, even if not optimal, these leds should be ok for both veg and flower?

Back
Top Bottom