Is my light too powerful or do I just need to provide better ventilation?

jnt62

Hello folks,

I am nearing the end of my 2nd auto-flower grow. I purchased a new light for this grow.

california-lightworks-solarxtreme-1000

I have a 6" 450 CFM inline with a carbon filter and 2 clip-on 6" oscillating fans

During flower, all of the top leaves turned yellow and died. I have the light all the way to the top of the tent.

I will need to make some adjustments before starting my next grow.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading my post.

If it is dimmable, I would turn it down to about 75%, your link does not work so I cant see your light, whats tent temp?. I run a TS-4000 and have a 14" osculating fan and a 8" fan blowing directly under the light above my plants, light is 20" above plant. I also run my extractor fan off of my temp probe when it hits 79, the fan kicks on and brings it down to 77. Comes on every 60 seconds and runs for 90-120 seconds.

@Drillerjoe ... This light isn't dimmable, at least not to my knowledge. The temp did get up to 81 2 0r 3 times until I was able to channel some cooler air towards the tent. I am thinking that may have caused my problem.

Another thing it could be is the cheap temp/ humidity meters that you get with new lights, as far as I am concerned, they are all garbage. They are off, so your temp or humidity is off as well. I use Inkbird temp and humidity probes, they run my fans, ac, heat, humidifier and de-humidifier, its kind of dial it in, set it and forget it. Got them on amazon.

Hello folks,

I am nearing the end of my 2nd auto-flower grow. I purchased a new light for this grow.

california-lightworks-solarxtreme-1000

I have a 6" 450 CFM inline with a carbon filter and 2 clip-on 6" oscillating fans

During flower, all of the top leaves turned yellow and died. I have the light all the way to the top of the tent.

I will need to make some adjustments before starting my next grow.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading my post.
Could your plants be hungry and thats why and not the lights? Maybe you could post a picture.

@Drillerjoe
@Nunyabiz
@RetiredRN

Sorry for the slow response. Here are a few pics of this travesty

20210218_211413.jpg

20210218_211430.jpg

20210218_211532.jpg

20210218_211541.jpg

Wow, those are some pretty crispy critters, i looked around and the only 2 things I could find ( other than heating and ventilation issues) is #1Bud Rot, whats your Humidity? in this stage of your plants it should be down under 50% or #2 Root temp, whats the temp of your roots?

Wow, those are some pretty crispy critters, i looked around and the only 2 things I could find ( other than heating and ventilation issues) is #1Bud Rot, whats your Humidity? in this stage of your plants it should be down under 50% or #2 Root temp, whats the temp of your roots?

The humidity has not reached 50% and the reservoir, temp stays close to 68F
Another thing it could be is the cheap temp/ humidity meters that you get with new lights, as far as I am concerned, they are all garbage. They are off, so your temp or humidity is off as well. I use Inkbird temp and humidity probes, they run my fans, ac, heat, humidifier and de-humidifier, its kind of dial it in, set it and forget it. Got them on amazon.

The Inkbird looks like it will do the trick. I have to make a correction before the next grow. I like "set it and forget it". I have to believe that the heat is responsible and I missed it because of inaccuracies in my equipment. I did purchase a new Temp/RH meter before I started this grow. The Inkbird will be my next purchase.

Back
Top Bottom