Ventilation with Thresh Carbon filter in 2x4x7

Lansky

Hello my fellow 420ers, I have a question about the kind of ventilation I should go for in my 2x4x7. I am planning to grow 2 plants with a 350W COB LED lighting system and my medium will be soil. I am wondering if:
1- Do I really need ventilation? I don't mean oscillating fans which I plan on using of course. I am concerned about the noise, but I am equally concerned about having a perfect room environment for optimal growth. And of course I am also concerned about the smell.
2-If I need one, as I suspect I do, what size do I need? There seems to be a consensus where the room must be emptied 4times its volume per minute. so mine should be 60 cf times 4 = 225 cfm. that probably would be a 4". I would go for Vortex inline S-600 6" as they look sexy and silent but I don't know if it is overkill.

Anyway, feel free to share your opinion on Vent, type of air system you use, or any other alternatives. Same goes for odor control, although I doubt that there are more options around other than carbon filters, ozone, and odor neutralizer agents. much appreciated :thanks:

Re: Ventilation (with Thresh Carbon filter) question in 2x4x7

If smell is an issue then i would def get one. A 4 in would work for that space but i would get a 6in and a fan speed adjuster. They Last longer when run at a lower speed and is less noisy. It also leaves you open to upgrade your tent to a bigger size in the future.

Plus you want steady air exchange in the tent and it helps control heat and humidity.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom