Ventilation question

Matto835

So I am in the process of setting up my first grow tent, I am looking for a ventilation fan to buy off amazon, I want to hook it up without the filter as it's going to be in my basement and smell won't bother me. I see in pictures that the carbon filter is hooked up to the light, I am using leds and dont see a connections option for those. So how would you guys recommend I hook up the ventilation fan without the carbon filter?

So I am in the process of setting up my first grow tent, I am looking for a ventilation fan to buy off amazon, I want to hook it up without the filter as it's going to be in my basement and smell won't bother me.

LOL.

Ah, but will it bother your neighbors, the mailman, meter readers, and/or random passers-by? More importantly, will they bother you - or the police - about the smell? The scent of cannabis travels, man. Generally speaking, it'd be easier to hide the smell of a decomposing corpse. . . .

Personally, I'd use the carbon filter. Trust me when I say you can become "nose blind" to cannabis smells when you grow it a while. Don't get me wrong as you can still totally smell it, but you won't be able to smell it when the doorbell rings and you answer the door. Thats when the person at the door smells it and either blabs, reports you, or makes plans to rob you. Unless your in a legal state, stealth is always the best bet in these situations.

LOL.

Ah, but will it bother your neighbors, the mailman, meter readers, and/or random passers-by? More importantly, will they bother you - or the police - about the smell? The scent of cannabis travels, man. Generally speaking, it'd be easier to hide the smell of a decomposing corpse. . . .

Yea I live in canada and planning on growing the legal amount, my neighbors are far away and wouldn't bother them anyway, you just walk outside here and smell it in the air haha.

Personally, I'd use the carbon filter. Trust me when I say you can become "nose blind" to cannabis smells when you grow it a while. Don't get me wrong as you can still totally smell it, but you won't be able to smell it when the doorbell rings and you answer the door. Thats when the person at the door smells it and either blabs, reports you, or makes plans to rob you. Unless your in a legal state, stealth is always the best bet in these situations.

Legal here bud, not doing anything illegal, not to be a smart ass but nobody bothers me no one rings the doorbell and nobody is really interested in stealing plants in canada....

Good to know. I forgot to answer your original question (apologies). Just stick a piece of round duct material (that fits your fan) through one of the upper round vents in your grow tent's wall or ceiling, then connect the fan to it. That, along with the lower tent vents, will give you airflow. Might want to consider at least putting something at the open end of the duct, even if it's just a piece of window screen, to keep any airborne debris out of the fan.

Good to know. I forgot to answer your original question (apologies). Just stick a piece of round duct material (that fits your fan) through one of the upper round vents in your grow tent's wall or ceiling, then connect the fan to it. That, along with the lower tent vents, will give you airflow. Might want to consider at least putting something at the open end of the duct, even if it's just a piece of window screen, to keep any airborne debris out of the fan.

No worries, awsome so the fan doesn't sit in the hole the silver pipe connection does then I some how hang the fan inside the tent? Sorry if I'm not making sense, just super new to this.

Back
Top Bottom