Is my plant turning hermie

Fatlad

Hi me again .. just checking my jack herer plants and noticed these on my plants they are 5 week into flower. I've never grown this strain before so wondering if it's just there growing genetics or whether they are actually hermied. I've got 4 all together 2 look like this and 2 don't so I'm a bit puzzled as I've never had this happen before

Thanks

20211015_220517.jpg

20211015_220452.jpg

20211015_220439.jpg

They look more like seed pods to me. Do you have spider mites or maybe thrips? Seeing a lot of damage on your leaves.
Thanks for the reply... So is that a bad thing having seed pods and yeah got spider mites ... been a nightmare this grow just trying to get them to the end. 1st the dreaded spider mites and then this ...

Well, assuming they are actually seed pods, then good or bad is completely relative to your situation. If you like the plant and you don't mind cleaning seeds out of your flowers before you use them, then its a great thing ... if however you hate cleaning your weed, and you have plenty of seeds or clones or mothers or w/e then it becomes a problem /shrug. I chose to embrace my seedy grow as a bonus, now I don't have to buy seeds if I don't want to.

Well, assuming they are actually seed pods, then good or bad is completely relative to your situation. If you like the plant and you don't mind cleaning seeds out of your flowers before you use them, then its a great thing ... if however you hate cleaning your weed, and you have plenty of seeds or clones or mothers or w/e then it becomes a problem /shrug. I chose to embrace my seedy grow as a bonus, now I don't have to buy seeds if I don't want to.
No don't have anything else like that just 8 plants all in the same tent with 2 of them looking like that ... im coming up to 6 weeks now so presuming I keep them in until the end will my other plants be ok

Yes, it looks like male pollen pods (male flowers) to me, not seed pods. You can cut those male flowers off before they pollinate if you wish, which might prevent some of your female bud from going to seed. I had that once on a plant that hermied. Incidentally, the S1 seeds you'll get from a hermied plant will, in their turn, tend to hermaphroditism also, so those seeds may not be the ones you want for a future grow.

Yes, it looks like male pollen pods (male flowers) to me, not seed pods. You can cut those male flowers off before they pollinate if you wish, which might prevent some of your female bud from going to seed. I had that once on a plant that hermied. Incidentally, the S1 seeds you'll get from a hermied plant will, in their turn, tend to hermaphroditism also, so those seeds may not be the ones you want for a future grow.
Cheers ... how long would it take pollinate my other plants ... guess I need to remove them just to be safe ... do I put in separate room and let them still grow and would they be smokable or should I just chuck them

The pollen will go everywhere in your grow space if you let it. The male flowers release their pollen when they are ready, and in all probability they have already started. I would move the hermied plants into a different space separate from the others (to prevent pollination), and clean your grow space thoroughly. I would recommend you spray all your plants with a water mist from a spray bottle, since water kills pollen and will not harm your buds. I wouldn't chuck the hermies, the weed may be good, even from seeded bud.

The pollen will go everywhere in your grow space if you let it. The male flowers release their pollen when they are ready, and in all probability they have already started. I would move the hermied plants into a different space separate from the others (to prevent pollination), and clean your grow space thoroughly. I would recommend you spray all your plants with a water mist from a spray bottle, since water kills pollen and will not harm your buds. I wouldn't chuck the hermies, the weed may be good, even from seeded book

The pollen will go everywhere in your grow space if you let it. The male flowers release their pollen when they are ready, and in all probability they have already started. I would move the hermied plants into a different space separate from the others (to prevent pollination), and clean your grow space thoroughly. I would recommend you spray all your plants with a water mist from a spray bottle, since water kills pollen and will not harm your buds. I wouldn't chuck the hermies, the weed may be good, even from seeded bud.
Cheers dude I will move them into a different grow space then and see what happens and my plants got a light spray other day as I got spider mites so hopefully that should keep the pollen down until they are ready ... thanks for the advice

Spraying doesn't prevent pollination, it just kills pollen that has been already released. IF they are in fact pollen sacs, which I don't believe they are as they ALL have pistils coming out if them... the pollen will probably still get to your girls if it is not in a WELL sealed place with no air exchange.

Nice catch @Sueet! I can’t do 2 things at once ever lol. Are you sure those aren’t just seed pods? That’s what they look like to me, but….I’d hate to be wrong and get some poor plant all knocked-up…..

I would wait just a touch longer to see if they differentiate but be very quick on them if they start that classic hermy look, fwiw. Good luck, and hoping it’s just pods!

Well I've moved them both just to be safe ... my 6 plants are in a sealed tent and them 2 are in a room by themselves with there own light .. im just gonna hand feed these separate as the others are in autopots so really don't need to open the tent that often only to check them every now and again so fingers crossed they are just sacks on them 2 and dont cause to much damage

Back
Top Bottom