Is she GG? Should I remove her from the area?

SHOGUN420

420 Member
Hi,

If this is a disease, I dont want it spreading to other plants.

What are the initial thoughts.

I thought light burn first, using spider farmer sf7000 in 4x4 BUT it's switched all the way down to 60% and roughly 45cm above canopy.

My next thought was overwatering, but this look far too bad to be that...which led me to root rot.

I am currently drying all pits out even though the leaves are dead and crispy.

I must throw her right?

They are 6 weeks into flower.

Using full organo feeds so doubt it's burn albeit could be a deficiency.

Temps are between 26 and 30
Humidity is 65

It could be environmental cus other plants are starting to go.

20220914_210954.jpg

20220914_210954.jpg

20220914_210956.jpg

20220914_210959.jpg

20220913_190706.jpg

Break down how you are growing for me.

You light should be fine where it is.

How many and how big are the fans you are using?
Are you using exhaust ventilation?
soil type -
nutients & how much, also ppm's
How do you water?

I thought light burn first, using spider farmer sf7000 in 4x4 BUT it's switched all the way down to 60% and roughly 45cm above canopy.
The SF7000 is rated for a 5x5 commercial flower area, did you have the light turned up to 100%? This unit puts out to much power for a 4x4 tent. I am using a 720 watt LED in my 4x4 and the highest I will go is 80% during flower, because of the heat.

The reason I ask is 80% is the highest you want to grow in a 4x4 with this light. I believe the leaves are showing you heat stress.

My next thought was overwatering, but this look far too bad to be that...which led me to root rot.
Humidity is 65

With that high of RH I would be more worried about bud rot over root rot, keep an eye an out for powdery mold.
Also, try to get you RH below 50%.

This is a start to solve your problem.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

soil type -

nutients & how much, also ppm's
How do you water?
Yes, these questions. Is it coco coir or peat moss or a type of soil mix. And, what is the watering schedule. And as Tokin brings up, how are you watering.

I do not know about the light causing what we see. There is wilt from the top down the entire stem. All the leaves seem to be wilting. There is a stem in the third photo that does look like a root rot problem has hit it.

Using full organo feeds so doubt it's burn albeit could be a deficiency.
It does look like a deficiency in the leaves of the wilting plant. The other plants show signs of a start of deficiency even though they are not wilting.

Could be lights but I have not had anything light related look like those. The photo below is of light scald when the plant grew up to within 2 inches of a LED pod and the area damaged was just the leaves that were closest to the light and did not go down several inches.

Thank you very very much for the help everyone, I appriciate you.

Il try answer all the questions in one response.

I am using 1x large oscillating fan at pot level and 2x 6inch pole fans at canopy height. Admittedly I could have more airflow.

Air is exhausting via 6inch carbon filter and exhaust BUT I have no intake. I rely on passive intake, the suction from my exhaust sucks in fresh air through a bottom intake, perhaps they are not getting enough fresh air.

Using Canna Terra professional with for soil in 20litre airpots (which I hate). During veg, nutes were organic DR forest powder you amend into the soil. For flower am using mammoth p and advanced nutrition iguana juice. PPM for each water, I am to get 2000.

Was watering every 3rd day and about 2 litres per pot. I now haven't watered in about 6 days as I'm drying it out in there.

Re the rent size and light, I am aware 4x4 is slightly small however my light was set to 50% during veg and is now 65% in flower. 45cm above main canopy.

What defiencies are developing on the other plants.

I may through her away and start over but I'm only 2weeks out now from complete.

Using Canna Terra professional with for soil in 20litre airpots (which I hate). During veg, nutes were organic DR forest powder you amend into the soil. For flower am using mammoth p and advanced nutrition iguana juice. PPM for each water, I am to get 2000.
Is it necessary to measure the PPM of a fertilizer & water mix which is added to a soil like Canna Terra Professional? That sounds more like what would have to be done when using a hydroponic style of grow medium.

As for the possible deficiency there could be several that cause the yellowing in the leaves like we are seeing in both plants. You will have to get a copy of the many excess & deficiency charts and look at the pictures to see which look closest to what you see on your plants. Looking at the various charts it looks like Potassium could be a possibility. Also Magnesium could be the problem and is worth investigating.

The plant that is wilting has symptoms that should help figure out what the problem is. The tips of the leaves have turned yellow and the yellow is half way up the leaf and sometimes all the way. It is happening on the top section of the stem/cola while the leaves towards the bottom of the stem/cola look mostly green.

They are 6 weeks into flower.
Not much time left at 6 weeks. I am not sure that anything you do will make the leaves turn a healthy green again.

Was watering every 3rd day and about 2 litres per pot. I now haven't watered in about 6 days as I'm drying it out in there.
While in the vegetating stage some growers like to water when the soil in the pots has dried out. Did you check to see if the soil was dry before you watered? Watering every 3rd day sounds like you were using a schedule and not checking how dry the soil actually was.

never used canna terra but there’s a big difference between soil and coco… most soil types need a wet dry cycle but coco does not… in coco most folks are feeding 2X per day in flower

plus now you are in flower so there’s no need for pushing wet dry cycle anyway.

yes once showing deficiency in flower it’s hard to pull out but keep after it. she’s chewing arms off faster than an octopus at the cactus convention but looks like P def and maybe your ph is off.…

This is potassium burn on a Northern Lights, looks similar to what the op has going on in the first 4 pics..
1663530491596.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom