Is she ready?

CJ1958

Hi everyone. This is my first time grow and have been reading everything that is available, but still am a bit leary of when it's time to Bring her to an end. Really would love to have some feedback on any tips. Also take a look at the other photos in my pics, it will maybe help out a little more. Thank you all and Happy Growing!
better_2.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com

[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/better_4.JPG

better_1.JPG

Go to radioshack and buy a pocket microscope.

Inspect tricomes

harvest at 20-30% amber tricomes (preferably you flushed for the last week or two)

Go to radioshack and buy a pocket microscope.

Inspect tricomes

harvest at 20-30% amber tricomes (preferably you flushed for the last week or two)

Yes I have started flushing about a week ago, just not quite sure if it was the right time to do that. I will go get a loop or microscope tomorrow, thanx again.

Your plant looks like it still has 2-4 more weeks to me. BTW for future info using molasses during flowering can help increase resin production.

That main cola looks quite juicy and big though, grats on it.

However yeah I will be surprised if you have more then 0-1% ambers trichs. It looks like its probably70% cloudy 30% clear, roughly.

jewelers loupes (at least for me and I have really good up close sight) are kinda too hard to see the tricomes well. The 60-100x pocket microscopes have a light and make it incredibly easy to view tricomes. I got one at radio shack for 11 bucks it takes 2 AAA batteries for the light.

Hey thanx for looking at my pretties. I did go look at yours and they are looking very nice as well. This being my first time at this is an experience and I only hope it gets better. I wish you all the luck and keep on doing what your doing I would say. Both of mine were broken at the main stalk and split in two. I was in a real panic but taped them back together right away with paper tape and prayed alot. I relly never seem any stress or shock what-so-ever. I am amazed at how resiliant these babes are.

Hey thanx for looking at my pretties. I did go look at yours and they are looking very nice as well. This being my first time at this is an experience and I only hope it gets better. I wish you all the luck and keep on doing what your doing I would say. Both of mine were broken at the main stalk and split in two. I was in a real panic but taped them back together right away with paper tape and prayed alot. I relly never seem any stress or shock what-so-ever. I am amazed at how resiliant these babes are.

Firstly, you have to decide on what type of "effect" you want from your buds. If you seek a "head" type high and one that is much more "energetic", then harvest when the Trichomes are mostly milky or cloudy, and very few are Amber. The Amber shows a higher %-age of THC degraded to the CBD's and CBN's that produce the "couch lock" effect, good for putting you to sleep. Everyone has a different preference so it's up to you to decide. Another sign is when you see that the vigor of the bud development slows down and actually stops... Then it's time too! If you wait too long, the worst you'll have is still quite desirable. I grow mostly Sativa Dominant strains and harvest as soon as the Trichomes are getting all milky but that's because I like the headiness and the energy. When I get a buzz on, I want to do stuff. I don't want to fall asleep but then again, that's just me and my 2 cents...
Aren't those Cola's a thing of beauty? Makes me want to just pop one into me mouth! :goodjob:

Thank you, I guess I'll have to go and get a microscope. I started feeding molasses and that will be all now. The nites are getting cooler so will be watching them closely. Happy growing to you.
better_1.JPG

Milky = best potency

Amber = heavier flowers

Back
Top Bottom