Is there a color of light that won't disturbed the plants?

mkono87

I ahve my timer setup to have the lights off during off-peak hours but since my tent is in the storage area of my basement it would be nice to be able to still get in there briefly when I need too. I have a few smart rgb bulbs laying around so wondering if I could use one to my advantage?

Sweet thanks. I was guessing green but wasn't sure. I mean the tent is closed is just the bit of light leak from the intake vents for example I was worried about. Have a cam in there but night vision sucks.

I have read about people putting a green bulb in their room lighting fixture. They can then use that while walking around doing whatever they need while the plants are in their lights-out period.

Not sure about this but I also had a couple of people say that it has to be a green LED bulb. They claim that a regular green incandescent bulb will not work.

Sweet thanks. I was guessing green but wasn't sure. I mean the tent is closed is just the bit of light leak from the intake vents for example I was worried about. Have a cam in there but night vision sucks.

Light leakage... keep it tight... you dont want your babies being disturbed at all.

Light leakage... keep it tight... you dont want your babies being disturbed at all.

This.

You can make a light trap out of a box or two. If you have an amazon habit, or similar, I'm sure there are a few laying around. If not, there will be soon. :laugh:

Even with autos it's a good idea to keep the light leaks sealed up. Even though they don't need the 12/12, it's still a good idea to let them get their nap uninterrupted and not stressing them out.

Light traps are super easy to build, and then just put it against the tent intake(s) with a towel or duck tape on the seam between the tent and box.

For pin holes in the tent itself, a piece of electrical tape on the outside works. It also works for covering the little lights on power strips, heaters, fans, etc in your tent.

You can also set up a passive intake through one of the lower duct ports. Not as cheap as a box, but not expensive either. Maybe $10 in hvac parts, if that. Basically a 90* bend, plus some flexible ducting. You can also just use a coupling, and make the first bend with the flex ducting. You definitely need a solid part at the tent duct though, so you can cinch down on it real good.

Then the flex ducting you just snake around a bit, making sure there is a couple turns in it. I run mine along the side, around the back of the tent, and onto a little hump of sorts. This gives me two bends, plus the end is facing down. You do need to use the foil kind though. The white dryer vent lets light though the walls.

Another good thing about using the ducting for the intake is it makes it really, really easy to put a filter on it to help keep stuff out of the tent. Just make sure to keep it clean. :)

Back
Top Bottom