Is this a cal-mag deficiency or something else?

I just want to point out that your water source may have the calcium, but probably/possibly not the magnesium? You could add a bit of epsom salt to help that.

I just want to point out that your water source may have the calcium, but probably/possibly not the magnesium? You could add a bit of epsom salt to help that.
my canna A and B has both Calcium and magnesium. (calcium and magnesium oxide) it's on a few other leaves and it starts out like this. honestly i'm desperate for help at this point.

IMG_20211024_234248.jpg

Remember that thing I said about too much N? ... Just to clarify, that absolutely can, and does, cause the plant to be unable to pick up certain elements (lockouts).

so my overabundance of nitrogen could be causing her to lockout on some stuff?
Have you been feeding at 5.8 ph every day.
If she is in flower I'd cut back / out nitrogen.
If you are feeding 700 -1000 ppm every day at 5.8 with calmag added first she will come around and be ok.
Can you post a good pic of the whole plant?
Stay safe.
Bill

Have you been feeding at 5.8 ph every day.
If she is in flower I'd cut back / out nitrogen.
If you are feeding 700 -1000 ppm every day at 5.8 with calmag added first she will come around and be ok.
Can you post a good pic of the whole plant?
Stay safe.
Bill
no the feed has been mid 6 throughout the whole grow. I can't cut back on N because it's in my canna coco A and B wdym?
I don't measure ppm or EC or anything like that so no clue sorry, don't even have the tools for that either.
and no not really because it's gotten so tall she can't really be taken out of the cupboard she's in without cutting down.
I got this small vid if this is any help at all.

no the feed has been mid 6 throughout the whole grow. I can't cut back on N because it's in my canna coco A and B wdym?
I don't measure ppm or EC or anything like that so no clue sorry, don't even have the tools for that either.
and no not really because it's gotten so tall she can't really be taken out of the cupboard she's in without cutting down.
I got this small vid if this is any help at all.

Watched video.
Don't take off any more leaves.
If they die and fall off fine, but just leave them alone.
Get some cal mag add it to your water first.
Then A then mix then B then mix then set your ph to 5.8 exactly.
You have a month left.
Do this every day until she is done.
She will be fine.
Stay safe.
Bill

Watched video.
Don't take off any more leaves.
If they die and fall off fine, but just leave them alone.
Get some cal mag add it to your water first.
Then A then mix then B then mix then set your ph to 5.8 exactly.
You have a month left.
Do this every day until she is done.
She will be fine.
Stay safe.
Bill
This sounds like solid advice but if i add the calmag to the A&B then it'll overdo it on the nitrogen and my feed becomes 11-4-3 NPK and you said i should cut back on the N right?

tysm for the help btw @Bill284 @Sueet @013

This sounds like solid advice but if i add the calmag to the A&B then it'll overdo it on the nitrogen and my feed becomes 11-4-3 NPK and you said i should cut back on the N right?

tysm for the help btw @Bill284 @Sueet @013
Unless you switch nutrients you are stuck with what ever amount of nitrogen is in your bottles.
By week 6 of flower I completely remove nitrogen from my feed.
Except for tiny amount in my micro nutrients.
But canna a/b doesn't give you any options.
So forget about that.
She still needs the cal mag especially in coco.
Coco drains it from your girls.
CM/A/B 5.8 and you will make it to harvest.
Also some silicate would be beneficial for her.
Toughens her up gives her cell strength, makes her more resilient.
stay safe.
Bill

Unless you switch nutrients you are stuck with what ever amount of nitrogen is in your bottles.
By week 6 of flower I completely remove nitrogen from my feed.
Except for tiny amount in my micro nutrients.
But canna a/b doesn't give you any options.
So forget about that.
She still needs the cal mag especially in coco.
Coco drains it from your girls.
CM/A/B 5.8 and you will make it to harvest.
Also some silicate would be beneficial for her.
Toughens her up gives her cell strength, makes her more resilient.
stay safe.
Bill
So, just to clarify; in my 2 litre bottle of tap water i use to feed her i should be adding around 0.5ml of CM first and 5ml of each A+B and then reducing the ph to 5.8 for week 6 of flowering which i think i'm in now?

yes a/b doesn't give me any options lol i can't really remove one or the either or anything specific like taking nitrogen out individually.

EDIT: just looking at the bottles of A+B now and it actually looks like i can outright remove Part A as it's 4-0-1 and B is 1-4-2. Am i right in thinking that?

I would read the label and make sure there isn't something else in there that you don't want to lose, but even if there is, it wouldn't hurt to reduce, or indeed even temporarily remove that one.
yeah i don't think removing Canna A will work, I'll show you why.
first one is Canna A and 2nd picture is Canna B. They're both needed i think.

IMG_20211026_002218.jpg

IMG_20211026_002229.jpg

Can't take Coco A out because that's the one with the calcium lmao.

Your Coco A looks almost like it is a cal/mag supplement with a bit of pizazz thrown in. I wonder now if maybe it isn't deficiency at all, but just lockout from the getgo.
I think you can't go straight water in coco, but maybe if you just go with less than you have been, and I might even suggest a flush here if you haven't already done that (I'm too lazy to go back and re-read sry)

Your Coco A looks almost like it is a cal/mag supplement with a bit of pizazz thrown in. I wonder now if maybe it isn't deficiency at all, but just lockout from the getgo.
I think you can't go straight water in coco, but maybe if you just go with less than you have been, and I might even suggest a flush here if you haven't already done that (I'm too lazy to go back and re-read sry)
With 0.6% magnesium? I wouldn't have thought it was a calmag supplement. how do i flush without distilled water? My tap water is hard af.

I would think tap should be ok to flush with, just follow it with your normal pH'd water with nutes which will replace the tap. You might be right it isn't exactly cal mag, but it seems to have plenty of cal, (which again makes me want to point to epsom) - but if the problem is a lockout then a bit of flush and light nutes for a few days might get her back on track without adding 'more'.

I don't grow in coco, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I would think tap should be ok to flush with, just follow it with your normal pH'd water with nutes which will replace the tap. You might be right it isn't exactly cal mag, but it seems to have plenty of cal, (which again makes me want to point to epsom) - but if the problem is a lockout then a bit of flush and light nutes for a few days might get her back on track without adding 'more'.

I don't grow in coco, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
this is a little confusing to me is all i'm really sorry. Are you saying to flush my plant i only need to use plain tap water that i've added pH down to bring my tap water to 5.8 and then just flush her with that for 2 days?

Back
Top Bottom