Is this a nutrient burn or pest problem?

LoveGreen

Hello guys,

I added an NPK (19-19-19) yesterday since it didn't display any negative effects a week ago. However, I think I must have added a wee bit more since I some leaves are almost burnt. In addition, I saw a bug walking happily on the soil and of course I killed it, but I'm unable to identify the bug even after looking at countless pics on the internet.

I am unable to understand if the bugs are eating the plants or if it's a case of a nutrient burn. Plants are in veg state. A bit of history - I had left the plants to grow outdoors with a 12/12 cycle from seed and since there were no signs of sex even after 45 days, I decided to introduce it to 18/6 cycle. The plants were doing well and I was happy but now I see this...The temperature is about 22-26C usually and I believe that's optimal for cannabis plants, so no problems there. It's a small grow room but I have installed two fans and there's a lot of ventilation in there, so no problems there too.

Can any of you please help me identify what the problem could be? Are the leaves burnt or they being eaten up by pests?
IMG_117.jpg
IMG_116.jpg
IMG_115.jpg
IMG_114.jpg
IMG_112.jpg
IMG_113.jpg
IMG_111.jpg

Hello guys,

I added an NPK (19-19-19) yesterday since it didn't display any negative effects a week ago. However, I think I must have added a wee bit more since I some leaves are almost burnt. In addition, I saw a bug walking happily on the soil and of course I killed it, but I'm unable to identify the bug even after looking at countless pics on the internet.

I am unable to understand if the bugs are eating the plants or if it's a case of a nutrient burn. Plants are in veg state. A bit of history - I had left the plants to grow outdoors with a 12/12 cycle from seed and since there were no signs of sex even after 45 days, I decided to introduce it to 18/6 cycle. The plants were doing well and I was happy but now I see this...The temperature is about 22-26C usually and I believe that's optimal for cannabis plants, so no problems there. It's a small grow room but I have installed two fans and there's a lot of ventilation in there, so no problems there too.

Can any of you please help me identify what the problem could be? Are the leaves burnt or they being eaten up by pests?
IMG_117.jpg
IMG_116.jpg
IMG_115.jpg
IMG_114.jpg
IMG_112.jpg
IMG_113.jpg
IMG_111.jpg

what is the cause of the liquid all over the leaves? leaves should stay dry? but is does look like the a bug is eating the leaves also, have you check with magnifying glass?

check under the leaves for bugs.

looks like something has been chewing on ur plants.

maybe try foliar feeding with ph water and some h2o2

Yea definitely a bug or bugs. Whenever you bring a plant in soil from outside to inside, bugs are bound to come with it. I suggest Neem oil or SNS products for bug problems, do a bit of research on them first though. I don't really see any nute burn either, leaves look green and healthy for the most part

The liquid is water I had sprayed. Can I use neem oil to get rid of the bugs?

i never used neem oil...

YOU CAN TRY some h2o2 in h2o....

normally its 2 1/2 tsp p/gal...

but as always start off lite...

try 5ml p/gal of h2o 1st...

spray leaves....WHEN LIGHTS ARE OFF!

GOOD LUCK

Thanks Stealthboat, Kneegrow and Stay Golden!

I did some research and found that most of the products used for toxic free pesticides usually use neem. So I used the formula discussed here in 420 magazine, along with some soap and will continue to spray it on the plants every 2 days or max 3 days. As far as I understand I have Leaf Miner Maggots as shown in the thread here:
Guide To Identifying Your Pests

I am very disappointed and am trying my best to save the plants but after dousing them with neem yesterday and cutting affected leaves, I see more leaves dying today. It's unfortunate, but I hope to learn a lot from this experience.

Wow I almost think I'm looking at 2 or 3 problems.

1. I think you have some sort of large larval style creature, likely a caterpillar, moth or something.
2. I think you should stop spraying water. If you have lower than 30RH a humidifier will work better. If you have 30RH+ don't humidify just water regularly. Keeping large amounts of water on plants causes rot.

3. Some of the damage looks like rot but might be ph flux and nutrient toxicity. What do you feed this girl/ whats she in?

Also, while neem is a good multi "insecticide" anything large enough to eat a leaf wont really be that deterred. What neem does is it suffocates adult mites, scales and flies. It also slows the development of eggs. Which means it's not systemic. It doesn't kill them off right. You need to re apply neem every week. It also acts as a deterrent and a foliar feed. So careful when applying. Get everywhere and two days later rinse it off.

First find whats eating your plant. And then deal with that particular thing. In your subsequent grows consider using need as a preventative measure.

Back
Top Bottom