Is this normal bunch of roots coming from off shoots

AgedMaster

Here is my problem i dont think its going hermie as ive had a plant do it before from heat stress it looks like a bunch of roots. If it is roots what would happen if i sprayed them with feed i put in pot would they grow there well shaded
WP_20220727_11_27_43_Pro - Copy.jpg

yes sir sure looks like air roots to me

generally speaking weed roots love air but not exposure to light. I think there’s prolly too much light for them to develop much more but I’m anxious to see how it turns out for you

admittedly my eyesight is not great but I swear when zooming up on pic some of those stem bumps look like critterz to me.

generally speaking weed roots love air but not exposure to light. I think there’s prolly too much light for them to develop much more but I’m anxious to see how it turns out for you
Hi pal could it happen if its root bound its in a 13ltr pot but its nearly 5 foot tall. its a autoflower going into 3rd week of flower. i would have potted in bigger pot at start i thought it would only be 3 foot.

I’m no expert by any stretch but think most anything is possible. I’ve noticed when you pull plant out from a hard side container the roots will have fully encircled the bucket but not so much on fabric pots where the edges don’t fill up as well with roots. In my opinion it’s light pruning that’s responsible for this not air pruning. When tree roots are exposed to air they build a bark-like layer to protect from UV rays but weed roots don’t do this very well. I’ve seen a few examples on weed strains where roots do this and reach down into soil layer but slowly cover themselves with dark layer to protect from light

wow 5 foot is a lot of plant for 13 liters or about 3 gallons soil

I don’t grow autos but @BooWho2 is one of our resident Auto Gurus I belive she both tops & transplants her autos right as they begin to flower out.

Soil guy so I don’t grow coco but @Bill284 should be circling thru soon and I think he may say its cool to upcan or bury deeper but let’s see what other replies come in. Could just be air roots sucking nitrogen out of enviro

admittedly my eyesight is not great but I swear when zooming up on pic some of those stem bumps look like critterz to me.
theres no bugs pal its my camera not the best and i was holding some small spotlight for picture there root bumps. on another i had a root trying to grow like the pic i showed that was a single root though not a bunch

Hi pal could it happen if its root bound its in a 13ltr pot but its nearly 5 foot tall. its a autoflower going into 3rd week of flower. i would have potted in bigger pot at start i thought it would only be 3 foot.
Who would expect an auto that size.
I just put mine into a 3 gal.
Doubt I'll have the same problem.
Hope you are well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Who would expect an auto that size.
I just put mine into a 3 gal.
Doubt I'll have the same problem.
Hope you are well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Hi bill alls good pal just going through journals being nosey your plants are looking great wish i had a garden and a green house would be brilliant. these autos are pretty much the same size as my last photoperiod

Hi bill alls good pal just going through journals being nosey your plants are looking great wish i had a garden and a green house would be brilliant. these autos are pretty much the same size as my last photoperiod
I've never had any luck with the dam things.
But your nailing them.
I need the greenhouse, it's been cold and wet all summer.
Have a good evening my friend.

Stay safe

That is truly strange! I’ve seen those kinds of roots just above the soil level, but never up in the nodes! Obviously it doesn’t hurt anything, as your plant(s) looks very nice. Kinda looks like some hormones/chemical signals within the plant got crossed, or the cell types didn’t differentiate.

I've had "bumpy stem" towards the bottom of plants before, but have never had one actually grow roots out and on down to the media (without that section actually already being in prolonged contact with it, I mean). That is kind of weird, lol.

I've had "bumpy stem" towards the bottom of plants before, but have never had one actually grow roots out and on down to the media (without that section actually already being in prolonged contact with it, I mean). That is kind of weird, lol.
Hi pal ive never seen anything like it myself. its on 2 out of 3 the other one has even more i will take a better pic later of both. theres about 30 little roots on both. i think its where i removed fan leaves as i was under feeding so they was eating the leaves but the stem was still healthy. i left a bit of leaf stem so when ive been feeding them there dripping water from leaf stem and feeding the bumpy roots causing them to grow. i wanted to see if i could grow them down to soil it would look crazy like aeroponics

Heres the other plant
WP_20220729_11_25_45_Pro - Copy.jpg

If i tried to grow them is there a chance i could get rotten stems from spray. I could hold kitchen roll behind while i mist them so it dont spray everywhere. Ive seen that once they grow so big i can put straws on them to help them grow stay moist then put them in glas jar heres a pic of what they would look like
1659166979793.png

also what would happen if i grafted photoperiod roots to them its probably a stupid question but would it be possible to take clones after grafting

You ever consider trimming away the undergrowth (or at least the dead leaves), and increasing the airflow down there?

You ever consider trimming away the undergrowth (or at least the dead leaves), and increasing the airflow down there?
yes ive removed the dead leaves i couldn't see them thats right at the back hard to get to. I was underfeeding and leaves was eating themselves so i didnt want to remove any incase it spread to others. ive fixed nute problem the air flow down low is perfectly fine i have a intake. ive looked everywhere for this on other cannabis plants haven't seen it once i think its extremely rare cant be anything ive done or else it would be on internet somewhere

the air flow down low is perfectly fine i have a intake.

An intake fan? You shouldn't need one of those, assuming your exhaust fan is doing its job. Circulation fans, on the other hand...

EDIT: Is that coco coir? If so, how often are you watering? That's not merely done to supply moisture, it also has to do with oxygen. And the mention I saw when I just did a Google search mentioned that, when one sees cannabis roots above ground, it's generally due to lack of available oxygen in the media. Which, in a passive (IOW, not actively aerated) hydroponic setup, would seem to imply that increasing the watering event frequency would be warranted. The plant - presumably, after all, coco should be kept moist - isn't using all the moisture, but it might be depleting its dissolved O₂ content. That's just a theory (aka guess), though.

Back
Top Bottom