Is this normal for day 7 seedling?

Cannasian

420 Member
Hi guys. I'm a newbie grower with limited resources. Currently I'm growing a Big Bud auto, it's been 7 days since she sprouted. We think she looks a little small? Or normal. Thanks. Growing in coco and lights are 24/0.

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_101938.jpg
    IMG_20200209_101938.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 192
Its healthy but you need more light or lower your light source. It is stretching that is why it it growing more vertical (towards the light) vs. Developing leaves. When you repot the plant you can bury it deeper and all is well

Check out this journal for some context on light distance and seedlings

Nice work on planting deeper! That's what you want to do when the plant is stretching. Meaning, the stem is long and lanky. It is usually an indication that the light source is either not strong enough or too far away.

What light are you using and how far away from the plant is it? This is important info to answer your question

It's probably 4 inches away but very weak led light as my tent and proper setup hasn't been delivered from China (thanks Covid19 lol). What light would you recommend that's a quick and cheaper fix before my led comes? Thank youuuu

It's probably 4 inches away but very weak led light as my tent and proper setup hasn't been delivered from China (thanks Covid19 lol). What light would you recommend that's a quick and cheaper fix before my led comes? Thank youuuu

Cfls. Doesn't take much at this stage. And hang it close. I use an extension cord and an adapter that is a plug to lightbulb socket. If I need more light there is a Y socket that tu5ns 5he 1 lightbulb socket into 2. All this can be bought for under $15 probably less.

For CFL watts at this stage, almost anything will work. The more the merrier. When I used to grow with CFLs only I would look at the spectrum and the lumens. The more lumens the better and as for spectrum for vegetative stage you want something like 5,000K to 6,500K this is cooler light or blue. If you ever use CFL to supplement in flowering you want a smaller number for spectrum or warmer think red 2700 to 3000. It's all a sliding scale but that is what I looked for.

Why do people supplement if they have led or I don't need to, IF I use led? I only have one plant so 200W would do?

For CFL watts at this stage, almost anything will work. The more the merrier. When I used to grow with CFLs only I would look at the spectrum and the lumens. The more lumens the better and as for spectrum for vegetative stage you want something like 5,000K to 6,500K this is cooler light or blue. If you ever use CFL to supplement in flowering you want a smaller number for spectrum or warmer think red 2700 to 3000. It's all a sliding scale but that is what I looked for.

Mainly the footprint of the light. Also LED lights are hard to judge off the watts. Mine is 750 but it really only draws 450 from the wall. And it has fans that use that energy. I will be supplementing mine with another LED. My point before was if you use CFL for any reason in flower you want 27K or 3k the warmer spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom