Is this normal size for 2 week autos?

Noobfarmer420

420 Member
20210712_003435.jpg
So I'm a little new to everything,, but so these autos are supposed to be pretty big guys I started germination like June 25? So almost 3 weeks from seed, and idk I'm worried because I messed up already. I messed up and started them in rapid rooters, then put them in 5 gal sohum but with the center pot is seed starter soil so that the little seedlings didn't go into that hot soil. So basically had to transplant even though you're not supposed to with autos ( I know I'm dumb). Outside of that I'm running a HLG 650R about 30 inches away, temps between 72 and 82 in the day time im trying keep it cooler but having issues.. humidity is averaging 60% but goes up and down too maybe 50% at times then 70% at times. Idk maybe I need to water more? Idk what theses small girls can take for water so I've been kind of just watering the middle and avoiding the edges where the sohum is, just incase the sohum is still too hot for them? Ive been watering every day because I'm not doing a lot and the soil dries out quick. Anyway I'm sure I'm doing wrong so just let me know where I'm messing up and it'll be greatly appreciated lol

Autos in the first weeks usually grow more horizontally, but also the distance of the lamp matters, pot size and medium matters as well.

they look okay to me. If you want you can compare yours to mine which can be found from my signature (link to my journal).

I would be more worried about the yellow leaves and yellowish tips.. the leaves are canoing a a bit so could be a light burn on first actual fan leaves which may slow down or even stop the growth untill the young plant produces new fan leaves.
OR it also looks a Nitrogen defiency for a bit. Here is a good pictorial instruction to illustrate most symptons, defiences etc: Marijuana Nutrient Problems & Symptoms by Picture | Grow Weed Easy

Also do not water them anymore. At least do not water the middle of plant anymore.. there might be an overwatering problem as well… you having very large final pots already so just watering them in the middle will most likely just store the water in center of the soil and it wont dry down before you water them again.

To hopefully make your plants to grow faster, healthier and stronger try to follow these steps:
- let soil dry down from the center of the pot.
- after the soil is dry then its time to water them with nutes or at least adding Nitrogen nute to produce new healthy green leaves. (For example google BioBizz nutrient chart and follow it depending what kind of medium u use)
- about watering: start soaking the pot from the edges so when the soil dries down the roots will find the water from the edges and this will expand the rootball and make the roots grow faster and better. Evenly soak the whole surface couple times and let it sink in.
- if you want to see more vertical growth then try to lift up ur lamp (bear in mind if the lamp is too far away the plants wont get all the light power) So try finding a sweet spot where u do not burn the plants but still give them enough lightpower.
- watch & observe how the plants reacts on everything u do. If something concerns: here you have 420mag to help u out :)

Autos in the first weeks usually grow more horizontally, but also the distance of the lamp matters, pot size and medium matters as well.

they look okay to me. If you want you can compare yours to mine which can be found from my signature (link to my journal).

I would be more worried about the yellow leaves and yellowish tips.. the leaves are canoing a a bit so could be a light burn on first actual fan leaves which may slow down or even stop the growth untill the young plant produces new fan leaves.
OR it also looks a Nitrogen defiency for a bit. Here is a good pictorial instruction to illustrate most symptons, defiences etc: Marijuana Nutrient Problems & Symptoms by Picture | Grow Weed Easy

Also do not water them anymore. At least do not water the middle of plant anymore.. there might be an overwatering problem as well… you having very large final pots already so just watering them in the middle will most likely just store the water in center of the soil and it wont dry down before you water them again.

To hopefully make your plants to grow faster, healthier and stronger try to follow these steps:
- let soil dry down from the center of the pot.
- after the soil is dry then its time to water them with nutes or at least adding Nitrogen nute to produce new healthy green leaves. (For example google BioBizz nutrient chart and follow it depending what kind of medium u use)
- about watering: start soaking the pot from the edges so when the soil dries down the roots will find the water from the edges and this will expand the rootball and make the roots grow faster and better. Evenly soak the whole surface couple times and let it sink in.
- if you want to see more vertical growth then try to lift up ur lamp (bear in mind if the lamp is too far away the plants wont get all the light power) So try finding a sweet spot where u do not burn the plants but still give them enough lightpower.
- watch & observe how the plants reacts on everything u do. If something concerns: here you have 420mag to help u out :)
I was thinking nitrogen deficiency as well however the sohum soil is living soil so it should have everything needed and i added this roots elemental stuff. They both have a good amount of nitrogen I was actually worried I had too much! Only thing I was thinking is I put too much seed starter soil in the middle and the roots are only in the seed soil so far and there's low nitrogen that soil? So maybe just wait for the plant to reach the sohum before adding anything? Also for light idk what distance it should be in, that 650r is real strong supposed to replace a double ended hid, and I have it 24inches at full power so maybe I should raise it. The watering though I mean I do that finger test and I got a hydrometer and they both come up dry, I'm only putting in like half a water bottle in each you know? You think it's still too much watering?

You spent a lot on your light. Get the most out of it by purchasing a cheap ($20 USD) lux meter so you know how far it should be from your plants. At this size I'm normally about 25,000 lux.

Here is a good guide...click link

I was thinking nitrogen deficiency as well however the sohum soil is living soil so it should have everything needed and i added this roots elemental stuff. They both have a good amount of nitrogen I was actually worried I had too much! Only thing I was thinking is I put too much seed starter soil in the middle and the roots are only in the seed soil so far and there's low nitrogen that soil? So maybe just wait for the plant to reach the sohum before adding anything? Also for light idk what distance it should be in, that 650r is real strong supposed to replace a double ended hid, and I have it 24inches at full power so maybe I should raise it. The watering though I mean I do that finger test and I got a hydrometer and they both come up dry, I'm only putting in like half a water bottle in each you know? You think it's still too much watering?
I personally only have bad experiences about any kind of root boosters, root starters or w.e theyre…lol. I personally burnt my whole plants last time when I added b’cuzz soil booster after like 2 weeks of vegging.. that shit is not worth putting into a soil, not to mention if youre having well pre-fertilized soil DO NOT stir in that shait. Leave all those root boosters for hydros and different complex growing methods. Growing in soil is pretty straightforward and simple thing.
And about the (N) Nitrogen: young plants can take/store (they actually need N the most at early veg stage) big amounts of nitrogen at the vegging stage without taking any hit by doing so.
At the veg stage its more common to happen that plants having a nitrogen defiency than overdose. Feeding them nitrogen overdose is actually a very hard thing. And more Nitrogen availabe for the plant = one factor which produces big green healthy leaves which leads to the bigger fan leaves can take more light than small ones which results for the one factor of faster growing :)

And about the led lighting. I dont personally have that much experience about leds, but I would suggest you to check the temps from the top of the soil or tip of the plants.
One easy way to lower the temps and at the same time make your plants stem stronger is to put a fan blowing for them. Not maybe directly to blow on them, but oscillating fan could make magic happen at that point. It would give just a small stress/jiggling to the plants which could possibly stimulate the roots grow stronger as well.

And about watering. Let it dry from the middle first as I mentioned.
then try to follow my instructions with watering and u should be good.
soak the edges of the pot slowly so it has enough time to sink in. That size of pot I would do ”a circle” with water on the edges - pour around 1l to edges each pot and use around 0.5l to soak the rest of the surface.
after that the plant may fidget firstly that much water and start hang the leaves for a while. But when the most water has dried from the center/close from the main root it starts looking for water from edges and when this happens, youve succesfully watered your plants :)

I personally only have bad experiences about any kind of root boosters, root starters or w.e theyre…lol. I personally burnt my whole plants last time when I added b’cuzz soil booster after like 2 weeks of vegging.. that shit is not worth putting into a soil, not to mention if youre having well pre-fertilized soil DO NOT stir in that shait. Leave all those root boosters for hydros and different complex growing methods. Growing in soil is pretty straightforward and simple thing.
And about the (N) Nitrogen: young plants can take/store (they actually need N the most at early veg stage) big amounts of nitrogen at the vegging stage without taking any hit by doing so.
At the veg stage its more common to happen that plants having a nitrogen defiency than overdose. Feeding them nitrogen overdose is actually a very hard thing. And more Nitrogen availabe for the plant = one factor which produces big green healthy leaves which leads to the bigger fan leaves can take more light than small ones which results for the one factor of faster growing :)

And about the led lighting. I dont personally have that much experience about leds, but I would suggest you to check the temps from the top of the soil or tip of the plants.
One easy way to lower the temps and at the same time make your plants stem stronger is to put a fan blowing for them. Not maybe directly to blow on them, but oscillating fan could make magic happen at that point. It would give just a small stress/jiggling to the plants which could possibly stimulate the roots grow stronger as well.
Actually idk if it's for roots exactly it's roots organic elemental? Supposed to be all natural but maybe it isn't good.

Screenshot_20210713-201156_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah all same strain, makes me worried apbut that little one on the left something's definitely wrong with that one
Yes it is struggling. Don't be tempted to water it too much. Give it time and it should come good. Make sure the nutes are not too strong and you use a good quility milnralised water in the early days.

If youre using sohum do not give them cal-mag…
Im pretty sure they having nutrient lock right now. They ate too much nutes from sohum + cal-mag and theyre young seedlings still.
that would explain the leaves and non-existent growth.

I would advice to do not give them water or anything at all untill the soil is completely dry. If theyre getting worse then you maybe would have to flush the soil and hope you flush most nutes/ferts off. Problem is theyre young plants and not the easiest job to flush ferts off from prefertilized soil…

Maybe give us an update photo how do they look right now?

Im pretty sure they having nutrient lock right now. They ate too much nutes from sohum + cal-mag and theyre young seedlings still.

I would advice to do not give them water or anything at all untill the soil is completely dry. If theyre getting worse then you maybe would have to flush the soil and hope you flush most nutes/ferts off. Problem is theyre young plants and not the easiest job to flush ferts off from prefertilized soil…

So they didnt really absorb the nutes i had put a good amount of seed starter in the middle, this was according to sohum directions but also the grow shop guy said it was good idea because he also uses living soils sp they shouldnt have been able to absorb all that extra just yet i dont think anyway.

Also soooo i messed up again smfh. Some are doing fine otherw not so well, so i was watering too frequently but not a lot like half a 16 ounce water bottle. I let it the soil dry out i mean it wad DRY so i was thinking ok no more every day ill give them water just once every 3 or 4 days so i added water but this time i did a whole 16oz bottle. Long story short im prettyy sure theyre all overwatered, i havent watered them in over 3 days one is doing really really bad even though i poked holes around the soil trying get it air etc. Im really not understanding the water thing i did the whole finger in up to the 2nd knuckle thing i even have a damn hygrometer. Anyway take a look at my failures let me know what if shes a lost cause

20210721_182905.jpg

Ok that’s not a hygrometer that’s a soil probe meter and it’s a useful at tits on a bulldozer. Put it by the grill for roasting hotdogs and marshmallows. Gravity works - so when top layer is dry the bottom is still very much wet. Now I could be wrong here but I suspect that you have watered in a circle around roots for 2 weeks and I further suspect that soil is still very much wet at the bottom. Roots can’t breathe in a continually wet soil.

The top layer of soil is light brown in color but take a spoon and dig a spoon full of soil up in that inner circle you have been watering each day and you will see it’s much darker in color - dark with moisture. Might help you to do lift the pot method but instead do measure the pot with digital kitchen scales. (Bathroom scales will not be accurate enough) Take same size container filled with same soil mix to the same level - but do not add any water. Weigh the dry container of soil and then compare that with weight of your other grow bags. Tiny plant weighs nothing so the difference is the water weight.

A tiny seedling needs tiny water and you can’t keep adding it 2X per day every day…. maybe spray mist bottle in the future. Anywho time will tell if that chick makes it but if she croaks then dig up her roots and look at how wet or dry the soil is around her roots.

most of the time the problem is lack of oxygen to the roots due to soil being too wet.

dude or dudette - this all may sound harsh but please know that I’m cheering you on!!!

have you read both of Emilyas articles on watering??
Proper way to water a potted plant
Proper way to water a seedling or auto in large final container

best of luck - peace out 013

Ok that’s not a hygrometer that’s a soil probe meter and it’s a useful at tits on a bulldozer. Put it by the grill for roasting hotdogs and marshmallows. Gravity works - so when top layer is dry the bottom is still very much wet. Now I could be wrong here but I suspect that you have watered in a circle around roots for 2 weeks and I further suspect that soil is still very much wet at the bottom. Roots can’t breathe in a continually wet soil.

The top layer of soil is light brown in color but take a spoon and dig a spoon full of soil up in that inner circle you have been watering each day and you will see it’s much darker in color - dark with moisture. Might help you to do lift the pot method but instead do measure the pot with digital kitchen scales. (Bathroom scales will not be accurate enough) Take same size container filled with same soil mix to the same level - but do not add any water. Weigh the dry container of soil and then compare that with weight of your other grow bags. Tiny plant weighs nothing so the difference is the water weight.

A tiny seedling needs tiny water and you can’t keep adding it 2X per day every day…. maybe spray mist bottle in the future. Anywho time will tell if that chick makes it but if she croaks then dig up her roots and look at how wet or dry the soil is around her roots.

most of the time the problem is lack of oxygen to the roots due to soil being too wet.

dude or dudette - this all may sound harsh but please know that I’m cheering you on!!!

have you read both of Emilyas articles on watering??
Proper way to water a potted plant
Proper way to water a seedling or auto in large final container

best of luck - peace out 013
Dude I went all the way down with my finger like fuck 2 knuckles I put my whole finger down and it was dry so idk what you mean about flip dirt over shit was dry as hell. And alright well who cares what it's called its soil moisture meter I'm literally trying to measure the moisture in the soil how the hell isnt that what I need? And spray bottle?? Jesus the guy up top was talking about a liter of water, alright idk who to believe or what to do anymore. Can someone at least tell me when I should start watering again? Not even with this one but just in general how do I know if its safe to water again because the frequent watering was the problem so I don't want to water too early even if it is dry as shit should I wait for them to go on the other side of the spectrum and start drying out or what?

Back
Top Bottom