Is this the dreaded Spider Mite?

Miseria

Noticed a leaf in my garden that looked suspicious (I cut it off...it was a low hanging one anyways). Is this the dreaded spider mite or something else?

Leaf in question:
IMG_086522.JPG

Close up on underside:
IMG_086619.JPG

Plant in question:
IMG_086329.JPG

Thanks a ton!

I posted these in my grow journal as well but that board seems to turn over uber fast do didn't know if anyone would see it there. Apologies for the double postage.

Thanks!

It looks to be thrips, but i don't see any just the signs. Get a microscope or a Lupe and look closely. You can also use binoculars, just look through them backwards and its a microscope.

I actually used my iPhone and zoomed in to max and actually got up really close. I checked a ton of leaves but couldn't find any bugs (though I was looking for mites) just a spot now and then like the top pic above. The one leaf I posted of the underside was the only one where I found any signs of anything amiss. Just worried that if something is starting to breed I can nip it in the bud (no pun intended heh)

It still looks like thrip damage, just keep an eye on those lower leaves.

Just did some Googling on Thrips and I think you're right :) I even remember seeing one of those larvae a week or two ago, but killed it and didn't see any more so thought it was an isolated event.

Will go to HTG Supply in the morning and get a remedy of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom