I've been reading on here and I got sucked in

What i intended to do when i started was to grow some plants indoors then set them out on property which i do not have title to if you get my drift. But now that i have four flawless vigorous F. Indica Kush plants, six weeks old, I'm almost afraid to put them out because of the deer problem. They can destroy all your hard work in one night. They're brazen, they'll come up at night and eat plants of all kinds off your patio. If i see them during the day i shoot them with BB guns and pellet gun but they don't seem to mind it that much; they come right back. So i guess i'm going to keep at least a couple of my plants under lights which galls me because i don't like paying for the power.....from Missouri....

My sister-in-law had deer eating her flowers in the middle of the day in her backyard so she got a pellet gun. The deer started coming back at night.

I read that human hair clippings work too. I'd like to put some plants out in the woods behind my place but it's full of deer trails. Maybe I'll try it when the weather warms up. I'll have a bit of time to get some clones going.

Hope it works for you.

Possibly marking your 'territory' ie the borders of your cannabis garden, with a urine stream, would help too.

Can't hurt to try, for sure. But that's if I bother with a fully outdoor grow. My plan is to put some pots out by the door so I can bring them in during the night for an early flower. Don't like the idea of having to wait for the seasons to change; that takes patience.

I've used fox urine around tomatoe plants to keep deer away also. Sprinkle it around. You have to put it on everytime it rains.. Deer are a real problem, they can eat on my garden, but if they start eating on my dope plants it will be War....

I've used fox urine around tomatoe plants to keep deer away also. Sprinkle it around. You have to put it on everytime it rains.. Deer are a real problem, they can eat on my garden, but if they start eating on my dope plants it will be War....

That's why I intend to just keep a couple out by the door. I had one outside for three days now and already there's a difference. I live right next to the woods and a couple guys I know are always telling me to put some out there. Not worth the trouble, in my opinion.

You have to take advantage of the land you have. My problem is i don't have enough sun, too many trees. I could cut some down but i don't want to do that.. So i have to plant on adjacent property which i don't exactly have title to if you get my drift.... This has the added benefit that it ain't on my property. All the time you read that so and so got jammed up by growing plants on their property. In some states, if they wanted to get hard-ass they can actually confiscate your land for growing the weed. But they're not conficating my land because i don't grow on my land. My land belongs to me not the bank... There's plenty of near-by land which is better situated....

I could hit the woods, as it's only 50 feet from the house, but then I's have to go in past where the kids hang out and from there it's down over the hill to the brook and into deer territory. I'm more than content putting a couple on the deck to grow. I have a 5-gallon bucket full of soil waiting for a seedling to get transplanted into it. That one may be out there until the fall, but I'll have another one in a smaller bucket that I can bring in for 12/12 whenever I figure it's a good size. I'm still into the experimenting phase of this yet and it's nice to have the plants within reach.

I'm in for just under 600$ but that's mostly nutrients and crap that's needed. But I expect to make double that in 4 plants. With another 4 vegging now, and won't need to buy anything else for another 2-3 years.

Fun story:my dad knew a guy who was an agri agent, and visited a bunch of farms on a daily basis. (This was in the 70's). He got tired of all the dogs peeing on his tyres wherever he went (this being an endless cycle, sometimes it got so bad he couldn't even get into or out of the car).
Anyhoo, he got hold of some lion poop, which he somehow inserted into his hubcaps, and made his merry way to the farm where the worst pack of dogs lived. As he tells it, the offending pack approached, lifting their legs on the trot, and started up. About 3 seconds in, a panicked look appeared on their collective faces, and they high tailed it out of there on 3 legs. After he left, he saw them running about 4 miles away and still accelerating.

Moral: big, scary carnivores will intimidate even the most intrepid omnivore. Can you get a hold of some bear scat and distribute it around? Might work even in the woods....

You know i'm just pulling your leg. But seriously i have this little cheap tape player in my grow area so i thought i'd play them some music... Because it is pretty boring in there, just with the bright lights and the breeze..... Gave them some Mendelsohn. But they didn't seem to like that too much.. So i switched them to Wagner Operas.. Sir George Solti, Chicago Symphany Themes from Tannhauser, Tristan und Isold. Heroic hitlerian stuff. They like this much mo better......
Try some operatic marches, if they like wagner, they'll go nuts. Or try the Russians for some super dramatic operatic overtures....

Nobody wants to loose flippin money, but for crying out loud, it is a lot of fuss and bother, much more than one could ever estimate...

If i had any idea how much work and expense these bastard plants would be i probably would never started them in the first place... But once you gottem going you have to keep them going to get even. I mean you should break even for all the gadamned work you've done. It's much more fuss and bother than i thought it would be and it ain't even half done.... But it does have it's joys, you can't under estimate that. .... Like yesterday, we had a four inch rain all in one day and i was sure my swamp patch would be washed out but i went to check on it but it was fine it's just enough above water. ...... These effing four-wheeler kids drove their machines with-in ten feet of my plants in the swamp, which i never thought anyone would go down there in this swamp, to bother my grow. So i set up this wire between two trees and spray painted it flat black,,, then i heard later than this ass-hole kid on a four-wheeler got clothes-lined by it... I heard this by rumour.... I do what i can to discourage these fuckers......

All my plants have been shifted to outside now. So i can't play them music because they're within 75 yards of some body else's house. .... Whilst they were inside i played them Mahler Second..... Very Hitlerian....

Fly, you're right, the ganja plant likes to be coddled and sucked up to. If i could grow one in my garden, i could get it big, but it's verbotten... So we have to grow them in the swamp.... But you know, if it was legal, i'm not sure it would be as fun....

Back
Top Bottom