J Obadiah's Indoor Mystery Strain 2022

Oh wow love sativa strain. Look like pure strain. Have to go back look see what u got there.
Yeah she's heavy Sativa-dom. I was curious because she's got NO indica traits if she may be close to pure, but I've only grown one landrace sativa my whole life and she looked quite a bit different. The odor is minimal at this point and her stretch has slowed considerably. I frickin woke up to rotted clones this morning, that was lovely. Thinking I left em too humid. The top leaves are clean but the lower nodes are sketchy and browning. Thinking I'll just replace them all, but I'm two weeks into Bloom and I don't wanna pull from her now. Whatchu think?

Snap u don't know the strain. Lmao. Well we can guess as it grows lmao.
I know I'm sorry man, they're a "mixed" bag. But the delivery note said there's Romulan, Durban, a couple Hazes and some Strawberry. So it could be any one of those. Rom is my absolute favorite.

Wow sorry about dead clones. Yeah not like I haven't don't that myself once or twice. I like have a pure strain like that . Cross it with anything. Be fun to have
Oh the potential of a strain like that, of high purity, is just endless. My mind goes to varietals like that Australian Bastard Cannabis and others. My dad used to talk about Columbian Red (not Gold lol) a lot. Turns out it was pretty popular in the 60's & 70's, but it's like super rare nowadays I guess.

Those clones man...ugh! I overwatered them. Again. I don't wanna pull from the one I have in Bloom because she's creeping on week 3 of Bloom. I already don't have a plethora from which to choose new cuttings because honestly she's thin and the biggest stems are already too critical to the yield for me to cut them. But I have 2 left, just being more careful.

Whatchu think?

Oh the potential of a strain like that, of high purity, is just endless. My mind goes to varietals like that Australian Bastard Cannabis and others. My dad used to talk about Columbian Red (not Gold lol) a lot. Turns out it was pretty popular in the 60's & 70's, but it's like super rare nowadays I guess.

Those clones man...ugh! I overwatered them. Again. I don't wanna pull from the one I have in Bloom because she's creeping on week 3 of Bloom. I already don't have a plethora from which to choose new cuttings because honestly she's thin and the biggest stems are already too critical to the yield for me to cut them. But I have 2 left, just being more careful.

Whatchu think?
Yeah that Columbia red was good back then gold too. Remember them well.

Another brief update
IMG_20220221_113447.jpg
IMG_20220221_113440.jpg
IMG_20220221_113428.jpg
IMG_20220221_113419.jpg
IMG_20220221_094627.jpg

IMG_20220221_094612.jpg
IMG_20220221_094550.jpg
Here's another update from the last two weeks - Mid February to March 1st! She's in about week 4 of Bloom, not set in stone. We'll push her about 8 to 10 weeks usually, depending on what she does. She's developing calyxes and pistils quickly, though I hope she gets even faster, of course!

ENJOY!

IMG_20220302_173018.jpg
IMG_20220302_172855.jpg
IMG_20220302_102255.jpg
IMG_20220302_102216.jpg
IMG_20220301_092419.jpg
IMG_20220301_092302.jpg
IMG_20220301_092238.jpg
IMG_20220301_092146.jpg
IMG_20220301_092048.jpg
IMG_20220228_090313.jpg

Thanks man, that's a good idea. I actually had a little tiny nugget that I pulled the other day, I let it dry and smoked it, and it was very smooth actually, which is odd considering she hasn't been flushed yet. Yeah imma let her go about 10 to 12 weeks, she's somewhere around 5/6 weeks now.
I have them every once in blue moon

Hey Growmies! Here's another update for ya! There's a couple nighttime pics I took as I put her down last night. She's at like week 7, doing pretty well. She's slowed a bit, but I've noticed the colae are getting denser and are starting to connect. She'll get 3 or 4 more feedings, a flush, and she'll be ready. I checked her trichs last night, and she's not ready yet, still 75-80% clear--surprised me. Calyxes still haven't swollen, so she's got some time.

Enjoy!
IMG_20220326_200159.jpg
IMG_20220326_200122.jpg
IMG_20220326_200024.jpg
IMG_20220326_195531.jpg
IMG_20220326_195505.jpg
IMG_20220326_195421.jpg
IMG_20220326_195246.jpg

Hey Growmies it's time for another update!

It's been a few weeks, and the plant is about 8 or 9 weeks along at this point. She's healthy and moving along nicely. I've cut back on her feeding almost 100%, and she's getting mostly water.

I'm aware that I could push her a bit harder to potentially stack up on the potency, but it hats not my style. I prefer a heady, strong, but not overpowering high that I can use to relax and enjoy my work. So I'll pull her down when she's at about 25% amber trichomes at the latest. Right now they're cloudy, with about 5% amber.

Enjoy!
IMG_20220418_171207.jpg
IMG_20220418_171129.jpg
IMG_20220418_171115.jpg
IMG_20220418_170850.jpg
IMG_20220418_170818.jpg
IMG_20220418_170604.jpg
IMG_20220412_093241.jpg
IMG_20220412_092222.jpg

What's up Growmies!

I went ahead and harvested her on the 21st, she was about 12 weeks old, give or take a few days. When I pulled her, she has about 10-15% amber trichomes and was very frosty. I harvested the larger colae up top on the 21st and then today, the 23rs, I pulled off about an ounce of smalls on the bottom, which I'll use for oil production or to smoke on before my batch is done, as they'll dry much faster.

Take a look!
Starting with the smalls...
IMG_20220422_174946.jpg
IMG_20220422_174812.jpg

IMG_20220422_171212.jpg

The top colae, I included the can for reference. They aren't the biggest I've ever produced, but they are definitely among the most potent.

I'll wind up with a few ounces, maybe 3-4 when all's said and done. Fine by me! She'll dry for about 2 weeks, then be placed into GLASS Mason Jars (has to be glass, nothing else) to cure for however long she needs.
IMG_20220421_114505.jpg
IMG_20220421_114430.jpg
IMG_20220421_114405.jpg
IMG_20220421_114246.jpg
IMG_20220421_114238.jpg

I will be adding a few more rounds of pics so you can see everything up close and jarred, cured. It's been a fun journey with this plant, she was originally one of four that I had nearly counted out. But as she continued to grow, she exhibited signs of strength and potency I knew I had to grow. I do wish I hadn't failed at cloning her, after all I took six separate cuttings from her in various locations and lost every one of them, mostly due to rookie mistakes and bad timing on my part, but THATS WHY I DO THIS. I want to learn what this plant can do, since I know it can do so much already. We live and learn! Don't be afraid to experiment with your Cannabis! She's a hearty, resilient plant with a superpower for bounce-back and gain through adversity. For me, it's not about quantity and making sure I produce the strongest content, it's about the journey along the way. Each plant is different, even the clones, and each one can do things that'll surprise you and teach you, if ya let it!

IMG_20220421_131349.jpg

Hey sorry I just seen this post!

So yeah that's basically correct. I like to plan for up to 14 days, but it usually happens in around 7-10 days for me.

I do not hang them in the tent for a couple reasons: The environment in that tent isn't ideal and I don't have a small AC to put in it to keep it cool. The tent itself is outside on my back patio, but it gets very, very hot, and without adequate circulation and low enough temps, I can't hope to effectively dry them there.

Secondly, I am still utilizing it, as you mentioned.

What I do is hang them either in my bathroom where I can control the light the easiest because that's the rm with the lowest traffic in my house lol.

I focus on a few things that are crucial to a good grow result: temperature , between 60-75°F. Darkness, to avoid any degradation of the trichomes and glands. And lastly, humidity. For the first few days I keep mine at about 40-50%, then after that first week or so increase it to around 60% humidity because the plant dries from the inside out.

I like to dry them before I trim and manicure them because it seems to give me a better bud structure and somewhat higher quality because it allows me to keep most of those danky little sugar leaves .

Just some additional food for thought:

Usually when I think I'm ready to harvest, I wait a week, and I'm almost always glad I did. Check trichomes on leaves and the inflorescences (buds) both on top of the cola and at the bottom of it because it'll give you a more accurate preview.

I always look at the color of my plants fan leaves. In MOST strains, the leaf will begin to yellow from the veins outward, from bottom of the plant to the top. If the leaves don't change color, either it's too early or the strain is just built that way.

I like to check for new growth in pistils, and check the calyxes--when they begin to swell, the calyxes that is, they'll be much larger than those of a younger plant or those on newer parts of the plant, so a good way to make the observation is to look at the calyxes lower down on the plant to compare.

Hope all this helps! Grow on!

If I may ask, what’s your drying and curing process like? I’m probably getting close now. Cut, hang dry for a week? When you clip them you don’t leave them in tent to dry right? Because the rest are still growing in there

Hey sorry I just seen this post!

So yeah that's basically correct. I like to plan for up to 14 days, but it usually happens in around 7-10 days for me.

I do not hang them in the tent for a couple reasons: The environment in that tent isn't ideal and I don't have a small AC to put in it to keep it cool. The tent itself is outside on my back patio, but it gets very, very hot, and without adequate circulation and low enough temps, I can't hope to effectively dry them there.

Secondly, I am still utilizing it, as you mentioned.

What I do is hang them either in my bathroom where I can control the light the easiest because that's the rm with the lowest traffic in my house lol.

I focus on a few things that are crucial to a good grow result: temperature , between 60-75°F. Darkness, to avoid any degradation of the trichomes and glands. And lastly, humidity. For the first few days I keep mine at about 40-50%, then after that first week or so increase it to around 60% humidity because the plant dries from the inside out.

I like to dry them before I trim and manicure them because it seems to give me a better bud structure and somewhat higher quality because it allows me to keep most of those danky little sugar leaves .

Just some additional food for thought:

Usually when I think I'm ready to harvest, I wait a week, and I'm almost always glad I did. Check trichomes on leaves and the inflorescences (buds) both on top of the cola and at the bottom of it because it'll give you a more accurate preview.

I always look at the color of my plants fan leaves. In MOST strains, the leaf will begin to yellow from the veins outward, from bottom of the plant to the top. If the leaves don't change color, either it's too early or the strain is just built that way.

I like to check for new growth in pistils, and check the calyxes--when they begin to swell, the calyxes that is, they'll be much larger than those of a younger plant or those on newer parts of the plant, so a good way to make the observation is to look at the calyxes lower down on the plant to compare.

Hope all this helps! Grow on!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom