Drifter333

420 Member
What strain is it? Malawi Gold Landrace
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 100% Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling Stage
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor under SF1000, Outdoor under Father Sky
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 2x2 seedling tent
Soil or Hydro? Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Harvest
If soil... What size pot? 1 gallon until move into 4x4 tent, then transfer to 17 gallon
Size of light? SF 1000 until 4x4 then SF4000
Is it aircooled? Fans
Temp of Room/cab? Between 70 and 80
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Every third day
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms Big Bud, 1/4 tsp per gallon.

Marijuana grow timeline
  • Germination (3-10 days) [8 days]
  • Sprout (6-20 days) [20 days]
  • Seedling (2-3 weeks)
  • Vegetative (3-12 weeks)
  • Flowering (8-11 weeks)

GERMINATION (days 1-8)

12 January 2022. Started 3 seeds in water. These will eventually become outdoor plants in 7 gallon (1.1 cu. ft.) fiber buckets on the patio. I will be trying Patio Plus soil mixture.
13 January 2022. 2 of the 3 seeds popped. Transfered all 3 to wet paper towel inside plastic bag and placed in dark.
14 January 2022. No change in seeds.
15 January 2022. No change in seeds.
16 January 2022. Transfered two seeds into 4” fiber grow pots and put them into full on sunshine. Will move between outdoor sunshine during daytime and indoor growlight during nighttime. Which will equal 18 hours of light and 6 hours of dark.
17 January 2022. None of the seeds have broken ground.
18 January 2022. No change in seeds.
19 January 2022. 2 of the 3 seeds broke ground this morning.
20 January 2022. 3rd seed broke ground this morning.

SPROUT STAGE (days 9-20) light cycle: 16 hours a day

20 January 2022. Both of the sprouts are growing like crazy. Watered with no nutrients. Will be placing sprouts outside in subdued sunlight during the days and indoors under light during the night, equaling 24 hours of light until seedling stage. Started a 3rd seed in soil today.
21 January 2022. Third seed broke ground today. All 3 are looking good. The first serated edged leave showed their face today, they are very tiny but still showing.
22 January 2022. Watered with no nutrients today. My starter grow light just isnt powerfull enough for sprouts and seedlings. All 3 are stretching upwards for light. Will need to invest in a better starter light.
23 January 2022. Put sprouts outside today in partial full sunlight. Watered to keep them hydrated. Will check on them ever hour to see how they are doing. Plants did great in sunlight. Second set of serated leaves starting to poke their heads out on all plants. Once the new leaves develop i will move them to seedling stage.
24 January 2022. Put all out in sun today incluing a seed in soil, that makes 4 plants total in grow schedule. I hope its at least 3 females. The third set of leaves are still developing, all 3 look very healthy, a bit stretched but i can take care of that when i plant them in their permanent spot.
25 January 2022. Seed #4 popped up today, she looks very healthy. Put all sprouts into direct sunlight today, lets see how the survive. Gave them all some water.
26 January 2022. Plants are thriving outside. Second set of leaves poking out. Gave plants a small amount of water to keep them from frying in the sun.
27 January 2022. Two of the sprouts fell off the patio today. I had to repot them due to all soil spilt and roots exposed. Back in their pots now with new damp soil. Move these two indoors under lamps for a couple days. The fall and repoting / rerooting has to be quite a shock to their little systems. Sure hope they live. Other two are doing just fine left tyem in full sunlight.
28 January 2022. Girls are looking healthy. The two that got replanted seem to be doing ok. Put them all in direct sunlight today outside. Gave them all just a small amount of water.
29 January 2022. Put plants in full sunlight. Second set of leaves starting to develop.
30 January 2022. Put plants in full sunlight. Watered a small amount of nutrient.
31 January 2022. Two of the sprouts are ready to bemove to the seedling stage. Two are still in the sprout stage. Placed all four in direct sunlight. Watered with a small amount of plain water.
01 February 2022. The two remaining sprouts have developed their first set of true leaves, moving them into the next stage of plant development.

SEEDLING STAGE [4 weeks] (days 21 - 48) light cycle: 16 hours a day

01 February 2022. (Start of week 1) Sprouts are now considered seedlings. Placed outside in direct sunlight, its a bit cloudy and chilling today, may bring them in and put them under lights.
02 February 2022. Very cold outside today, so leaving plants indoors under lights.
03 February 2022. Bright sunlight today so moved all seedling outside. Watered with nutrient water. Left outside from 9am until 4pm, then moved indoors under the lights. All seedlings are looking very healthy and growing strong.

Noticed one of the plants is a “Whorled Phyllotaxy.”
The word “phyllotaxy” refers to the arrangement of leaves on a plant's stem, where “whorl” refers to a spiral or twisted fashion. A normal cannabis plant has two leaves produced at each internode. In this particular case, a relatively common mutation called whorled phyllotaxy produces a plant with three or more leaves at each internode. Additionally, an extra branch is present at each node allowing for a more bushier plant. The extra greenery that this phenotype brings actually allows for more photosynthesis providing the plant with extra energy to help it grow.
Unlike many other mutations, this mutation actually produces a bushier plant with the potential of producing an even greater yield! So in this case, not all mutations are bad.
Unfortunately, this mutation isn’t passed along to further generations, meaning this is a somatic mutation.

04 February 2022. All seedlings are looking very healthy. Had them under the lights all night long. I dont think the light i have is powerful enough, because the smallest seedlings leaves were pointing straight up like she was reaching for light. Move all outside so they can get some good ol sunshine. A small amount of water around noon.
05 February 2022. Let plants be in the dark last night. Moved them out into the sunlight today. The mutant is looking very healthy.
06 February 2022. Watered root system today. Some of the leaves were looking droopy and some, i think, had nutrient burn on the tips. Watered the roots to clear out any nutes. Other than that, the seedlings are looking healthy.
07 February 2022. A few of the bottom leaves showing evidence of nutrient burn, watering every other day with plain water for a while. Other than that all girls are looking very healthy and strong. I think they love being put out in the sun every day. (End of week 1)

08 February 2022. (Start of week 2). Had to cut off some leaves from my babies. They were turning brown and shriveling up. Not sure if its over watering or nutrient burn. Put plants outside for some sunshine. Misted them all with plain water. They are growing nicely. I want to transfer them to larger pots but think i may wait a bit. I dont really like the natural fiber pots they are in now. They seem to restrict root growth.
09 February 2022. Repotted all plants into 8” plastic pots. Mixed a combination of 1/2 Miricle Grow potting soil and 1/2 Patio Plus potting soil. Took them out of those natural fiber pots, just dont like those, they seem to restrict root growth. Plants are looking very healthy. Will leave in these pots outdoors until my congo hash plants are harvested, then move them into the grow tent for 18/6 light vegetative stage. I think i may leave 2 outdoors, one to be manifolded, and 2 indoors, one to be manifolded. If i get a male out of the group i will propogate pollen from it and store for later possible breeding purposes, or maybe sell it to breeders.
10 February 2022. I think the plants like their new home, they are standing up tall and reaching for the sun. Looking very healthy.
11 February 2022. Watered today with plain water. All 4 plants are looking very healthy.
12 February 2022. Plants are growing nicely. New leaves popping out like crazy. I think this week and next will be the end of seedlings and then move into vegetative stage for four weeks. I read an article that said only allow two weeks of veg for this strain to keep under three feet, but i have no problem with them growing taller. My tent is six foot tall and i am planning on topping after two feet so four weeks sounds good. Two will be indoor tent and two will be out door. I am hoping to have three females and one male. If i do, i will put two females in the tent, and the male/female on the pation. With the male/female i want to harvest pollen and propogate seeds.
13 February 2022. Plants looking very healthy. No pistils are browning. Watered with 1/2 gallon plain water.
14 February 2022. Plants are growing nicely, i believe they like out door sunshine then indoor lights. No water today. (End of Week 2).

15 February 2022. (Start of Week 3). Watered with 1/2 tsp of nutrient in gallon of water, small amounts into each pot. One of the plants has yellowing tips of leaves. Gotta research to find out whats up. The other three look very happy.
16 February 2022. Not moving plants outside today. Temperature only in the 50’s, going to put them under lights all day long. One of the four seems to be drooping, not sure why, but i will let go for a bit see if it perks up. Decided to put plants outside for a bit let them experience a little cold weather.
17 February 2022. Moved plants into a closet with three 19w lights (57w) at 18” above plant canopy. Talked with a pot professional and he said thats more than enough to get seedlings going for four or five weeks. Thats about how long my Congo Hash plant needs to finish in the tent. Watered a little with no nutrients.
18 February 2022. 2 plants are doing good, 1 plant is drooping heavy, 1 plant has yellowing on tips. Moved outside for some real sunshine.
19 February 2022. Watered today with 20 oz nutrient water. Screwed up and cut one of the plants top off while trimming fan leaf tips. Cut the plant off just above one of the lower nodes. Hope it still grows as if an animal had eaten the top off. We shall see. The other 3 plants seem to be doing good. Looking very healthy and happy.
20 February 2022. No water. Moved plants outside for sunshine. No change in the damaged plant. Other three looking happy.
21 February 2022. No water, soil is still moist. Put plants under the new SF1000d lamp last night, they seemed to like it. Moved them outside for some fresh air and sunshine. The plant i accidently cut the top off of died, so i started germination of the last seed. (End of Week 3)

22 February 2022. (Start of Week 4). No water, soil still moist. Plants are looking healthy. Took the germinating seed out of the water and placed it in a paper towel in a plastic ziplock bag. Moved plants outside.
23 February 2022.
24 February 2022.
25 February 2022.
26 February 2022.
27 February 2022.
28 February 2022.

VEGETATIVE STAGE (4 weeks) (days 49 - ___) light cycle: 16 hours a day

56CBA20A-48E2-4283-9500-8217F73E5938.jpeg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Drifter333

Look at you Just join today and already have a grow journal up. :welldone:
Have you been growing long.
Are you taking your plants outside and inside everyday?

One of the plants has yellowing tips of leaves. Gotta research to find out whats up.
Seeing images of your lady makes it easy to say for sure, but it sounds like you are overfeeding this one.

Screwed up and cut one of the plants top off while trimming fan leaf tips. Cut the plant off just above one of the lower nodes. Hope it still grows as if an animal had eaten the top off
Again images. It was to late to help but it may of been saved.

Do you grow outside during the warner months?
I wish I could.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Drifter333

Look at you Just join today and already have a grow journal up. :welldone:
Have you been growing long.
Are you taking your plants outside and inside everyday?

Seeing images of your lady makes it easy to say for sure, but it sounds like you are overfeeding this one.

Again images. It was to late to help but it may of been saved.

Do you grow outside during the warner months?
I wish I could.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
These ladies will be my second grow. First grow is one Congo Hash and two Durbin Poisons. They are getting ready to harvest, maybe two more weeks, then i will move these gorls into the grow tent.

i am taking them out into sunshine every day, but once i put them in the tent thats where they will stay.

i completely agree on the feeding. Screwed up and gave them full plant nutes, when i should have given them 1/4 tsp to gallon. Really suprised they survived. As soon as i saw the yellowing i flushed with loads of water. Happy i didnt drown them.

There was no saving the lady i cut the top off of. Seriously, i cut all the growth.

i grow mainly inside in my 4x4 tent. Southern Arizona gets way to hot during the summer. Am going to try a couple plants this summer with a sunshade.

The picture is them today. Outside enjoying some Father Sky Sunshine.

D2DE1526-1BFE-43E9-ABFB-E06642AF94FF.jpeg

Hello @Drifter333 , How is your grow coming along?

:passitleft:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom