Brown Bomber White Widow - IBL - Grow 2022

lovitonce

Day 0 07/09/2022

•White widow (IBL) from "Paradise Seeds"
•Sweet Zombie (freebie) from "Expert Seeds"

Germinating in jiffy plugs
Planning on growing them outdoors in pots. This js actually my second grow here on 420 Magazine my first grow was back in 2015. I got some good smoke out of it. I got about 3 Oz. all together, from all the plants. From what I remember the plant I transplanted outside after I ran into grow space issues was the one that gave me the least hassle and actually was the one I thought would die when I transplanted her in the ground outdoors after verging her for 3 mo ths indoor...she was actually the one that gave me more buds and had the best high out of all the my other plants..go figure ..lol..I'm excited to see what I can get this time around. I have a lot to learn and can only hope to one day be as good of a bud grower as all of you guys and gals on this forum.

20220708_233851.jpg

07/13/2022
Day 4

They germinated pretty quick. From one day to another they stretched on me about 1.5 inches. I think it's due to me not having them under a light while Germinating or atheist not putting them under a light soon enough. On day 2.5 i checked on them and i could barely see the seed pod starting to push through the soil so i figured I had enough time to put them under some lights after I come back from work and when I came back home from work they had stretched 1.5 inches. I almost thought maybe it would effect them long term but i figured they are considered weeds so they should bounce back. I went ahead and put them under some lights. They look like they stoped stretching now and have started to grow the first set of leaves:). I still haven't decided if I will grow them indoors under leds or outdoors. I have a sailboat slipped at a local marina and the electrical and water is included with slip fees so I was thinking I can get a 2x4x5 tent and some leds and just grow them on my boat:). Slip fees are high as it us and getting higher so i might as well try and get my money's worth ...I'm kinda wondering if the salt water have any negative affects on the ant if I do grow them on my boat seeing as how it's a high humidity and salty environment..I have a dehumidifier and inline blower so i can control the humidity but still worried about the saltwater environment. Ive been keeping them under some led's during the night and while I'm at work and when I get home (4pm) I'll set them outside for a few hours so they can get the later part of the day sun...I'm going to get them situated better I kinda started thus grow half cocked have a friend at work who is just getting into growing and it's kinda all we talk about when we bump into eachother so I figured I would plant me a couple of plants as a time killer.....As far as nutrients..I probably going to go with some synthetic nutrients. Some fox farms or something similar. Here are some pics:)

20220712_203855.jpg

20220712_203906.jpg

20220711_211545.jpg

20220711_211606.jpg

20220713_172741.jpg

07/27/2022
Day 18

They are looking pretty good so far. I've been keeping them outside for the most part. I move them around depending on where the sun is hitting. I haven't started feeding them yet. Up until today I have been watering them with regular tap water, I just got an apera combo ph tds conductivity tester and just got a chance to water them with ph balanced water. I checked the ph of the tap water I've been using to water them and it is at 7.4 so I'm sure I will see an improvement now that I'm aiming for a 5.9-6.6 PH level. I'm wondering if you guys know what these streak looking lines across the leaves of the plants are? I kinda looks like a snail tracks but I'm not sure maybe you guys have seen this before and would appreciate some insight.. here are some pics I took today

20220727_143129.jpg

20220727_143122.jpg

20220727_143118.jpg

I think I've found out what the problem is and what all those lines that look like snail slime ..I read about this larva called "leaf miners" witch from what I read is larva from pretty much any bug that burrow or tunnels in the leaves..I also read that need oil and some stuff called "Spinosad" witch claims to be organic and kills the large by injection so I'm going to try it and see what happens..I kinda feel like scrapping this grow but I'm going to see if I can get them through thus rough patch. They are still youngg and hopefully can get better fast seeing as how the problem isn't that big. Atleast not yet. :)..if any of you guys has any experience dealing with this type of infestation I'm all ears and would appreciate the help.

08/03/2022
Day 25

Well I took care of the "leaf miners" issue I used sprayed some "Spinosad Soap" by Natural Gaurd. From what I read it's organic and is used as an insecticide. It work for me so I give it a 5 star rating and will most likely keep using it to control insect infestation on my plants in the future. Anyways, yesterday I noticed one of the plants had a couple of leaves that looked like it was showing signs of some kind of stress. Today I noticed the leaves were "clawing" on me and had light greening and a little yellowing on the tips of the leaves. So initially I thought it was nutrient burn. I winded up getting g on the internet and did a little research and found out a lot other issues can cause the symptoms I described and kinda felt it was root rot. I pull the plant out of the pot to check out the roots and noticed all the roots were thin and strange looking and not a bright white more on the yellowish side so I figured it was root rot. I was going to scrap this grow but decided to go ahead and keep them going and see if I can fix the issue see hiw they respond and just learn more about the plants I guess. I went ahead and transplanted them into new soil..I pulled th out and dunked the root ball in a bucket of water and got pretty much all the old soil out. The reason I did that is because I read the fungus that grows on the roots that causes root rot can remain in the soil. So it's ls good to get new nutrients t rich soil and transplant them into that. Well when all the soil washed off the root ball I noticed the peat pallet I used was still in in like a little knot. I Notice all the roots were growing thru the outer mesh of the pellets and it felt like a hard knot in the center of all the roots and saw that it was the reason all the roots were so fine/thin. The mesh was acting as a fine screen were all the roots had to grow through. I went ahead and started tearing the outer liner of the pellet and pretty much butcherd along of the roots that were growing through the mesh. I didn't take the mesh completely off because I felt It would for sure kill the plant if I ripped all the roots pretty much so I just tore it from the bottom and sides just to open it up and allow roots to grow with out any restrictions and planted them in new Fox farm ocean forest soil. I'm thinking the problem isn't root rot but the peat pellet I used to germi ate them in because it was causi g them to get root bound witch is another issue that causes clawing and yellowing of the leaf tips. Hopefully they recover know that they are in new soil and their roots have more room to grow.

20220803_204721.jpg

20220803_204728.jpg

20220803_204737.jpg

20220803_204741.jpg

08/08/2022
DAY 30

Still alive, they were in shock for a few days. Today I noticed they are starting to grow again. Yesterday I pulled one out of the pot and saw new bright white rootss growing so that's a good sing. I've been growing them outside so I'm kinda worried they won't have enough veg grow. If not then I'm awning on putting them under some let's so I can stretch out the veg time. In the first two pics you can see how they are starting to grow again.

20220808_161635.jpg

20220808_161632.jpg

20220807_180033.jpg

20220807_180036.jpg

08/26/2022
Day 48

They are growing well again. My only issue is that I don't think they will have enough veg time to really grow out of the stress I put them through when I had to transplant them due to the root rot caused by me placing them directly on the concrete floor. I probably should have placed a foam Matt of some sort under them when placing the pot on floor to prevent direct contact with pot and concrete. Allowing the heat from the concrete to be absorbed by the pot and their for pretty much cooking the roots in my soil. Anyways, I'm going to finish the grow and see what I can get out of them, and also learn whatever I may learn by watching them go through all I've put them through and see how good the buds come out ...so far I am amazed at how resilient the plants are. I honestly didn't think they would survive the root rot/burn I put them through but they have and are looking healthy. The only thing I noticed is that the foliage and nodes it had when it went I to shock from the root rot have nor been growing but all the new foliage is growing nice and healthy I'm going to transplant them both into bigger pots and give them a shot of compost tea to get them ready for flowering. I'm in Cali so the flowering season starts around August give or take. They are about 2 feet tall at the moment and expect fhey will finish off at about 4 feet tall:)

20220826_104735.jpg

20220826_104730.jpg

20220826_104713.jpg

20220826_104720.jpg

They are starting to bud ..the look like they have some kind 9f deficiency but I might be expecting to much from them ....a amd all they are looking good and am anxious to see what kind of buds they give me ...

20220909_184520.jpg

20220909_184252.jpg

20220909_184226.jpg

20220909_184233.jpg

09/27/2022
Day: 77ish

I gotta say,I like the way they are turning out ..they have not given me any issues besides the root burn/rot issue. I honestly didn't think I would get anything and was so close to scrapping this grow but I figured I would see what they would do and like I said they surprised the he'll out of me ..the whit widow is producing some nice size buds. The sweet zombie stretched out more and is also producing some nice nugs. It's not producing as much as the white widow but am still happy with her. I've learned alot from this grow...once again I'm amazed at the resilience that this plant have.cant wait to smoke this shit.

20220923_093609.jpg

20220924_215734.jpg

20220923_093558.jpg

20220926_213207.jpg

20220924_215654.jpg

20220924_215713.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom