Looks like she’s coming along nicely.

I overdosed it with molasses recently, buds smelled like it. Have not been using molasses with week 4 flower as of yet.

Maybe I'll pony up and buy Kool bloom instead in the future, unless there's better out there to mix into the GH line?

I don’t use additives, a long drying and curing does more for smell and taste than anything you could add

Do you use different supplements to boost bud density or is that based on light penetration, strain, and airflow?

Do you think I should defoliate to get more light on the buds?

Any advice is much appreciated. I'm still learning.

I usually trim the lower branches around 21 days into flower if they don’t make it to the canopy. Light and genetics normally dictate density.

Ever seen white bud tips before? Could the LEDs be bleaching them. I just raised them from 10 inches to a out 20 inches after seeing this.

everything looks and sounds good defoliation in my opinion is dependent on the situation
indoor under lights people like to defoliate not all do then there are at certain times of bloom that they will do any defoliation if i remember right its around day 21 and day 56
i myself do some partial lollypopping sometimes ill defoliate sometimes ill only do selective defoliation
i really dont like heavy defoliating as the plant needs time to recover if you take a bunch off at once like some people do on heavy defoliations. i like to keep my flowering times as short as possible to keep cycling through and keep pheno hunting, also the plant needs the leaves for photosythesis, but i can see the need for some defoliating as the bottome growth really sucks when the top blocks all the light, which also happens to me in my limited outdoor grow space. so i lollypop my outdoor scrog also. i do light defoliating if theres tooo many leaves stacking as it cancels each other out for the light blocks light from reaching down and this is for my outdoor grow i cant see if theres bugs if the leaves are stacked tight lol

Ever seen white bud tips before? Could the LEDs be bleaching them. I just raised them from 10 inches to a out 20 inches after seeing this.

it happens some people say its a hash tip as opposed to bleaching cause it can happen close or far its kind of strain dependent as i have had different strains at the same distance not turn white at the tip while others at the same distance do.
i wouldnt worry about it i smoke that shit nothing different but what it looks like

it happens some people say its a hash tip as opposed to bleaching cause it can happen close or far its kind of strain dependent as i have had different strains at the same distance not turn white at the tip while others at the same distance do.
i wouldnt worry about it i smoke that shit nothing different but what it looks like

Thanks for the response. Eases my conscience. I'm pretty sure this custom strain is Jack Herer and something else. I'll keep posting with updates. It's changing daily now.

Week 4 day 7 of flower. Please let me know if you see anything amiss.

Week 5 Day 2 of flower. Watered with week 5 nutes. Examined buds, look to be healthy. Some leaves are browning which is expected.

Middle fan leaves under direct light are browning faster. I assume it's light burn.

I've raised the light higher to prevent bid bleaching and extensive light burn.

Any ideas?

Critiques and compliments?

See below:

Back
Top Bottom