Juicer Hash

burrr

I made my first batch of hash today, used a juicer I picked up at a yard sale.
I followed some info I read here, only I used the juicer instead of a silk screen.
We ran our clippings in the blender for a minute with ice water, strained that through a course strainer, and ran that juice through the juicer. After cooling down again and settling, we had a frozen foam layer on top, green water, then the hash layer. The hash layer had a nice tan color, but still has a touch of green dusting that i could not sifon off w/o losing the good stuff w/ it.
DSC007153.JPG

Source buds
DSC00684.JPG

I think the holes in a juicer are too big to let just trics through. lots of plant material will also make it into the slurry. its probably a good first filter, but its gotta be a bitch to clean?

DIY bubble ice hash kit:
search for screen printing mesh. pick up a 160 mesh and 230 mesh one and youll be off to the races. add a 305 as the last step for even better quality.

20"x24" prestreched screens are available on ebay in many different mesh counts for under $25. the mesh itself is also available by itself there for ~ $12 for a 60"x 110" piece.

If you get frames, wash them with some liquid soap to remove any residual commercial degreaser they sometimes (seldom) have on them. -just to be safe.

Well it sure looks good! your juicer must have way finer mesh than my un-machine-washable one.

once it drys a bit you can freeze it to get the last of the water out.

Back
Top Bottom