Did I destroy my hash?

johnybologna

420 Member
I harvested last week and tried to make hash for the first time. I took the fan leaves off and saved them to make butter. The smaller leaves (not sure what these are called) I kept separate to make hash. I let them dry out for a couple of days. Then I crumbled them in my hands, and put everything through a silk screen. I know that I should have 10-20% that falls through, but it was definitely more (I'd guess 50%). The powder also looked slightly greener than hash. I spread everything open in a thin layer in a baking plate and put it in the oven at 160 C (320 F). I did this for 30 minutes in total, 3 sessions of 10 minutes. In between the sessions I'd try to compress everything into hash with a spoon. The end product was just as powdery as the initial stuff (which in itself I'm fine with because it's easier to use). I smoked a little bit but felt almost nothing. The morning after I did feel very tired. So my question is: did I put it in the oven for too long, so converting the THC into CBN? Or did something else go wrong? Can I 'fix' it so that it can be smoked? Should I use it for edibles?

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along but.... Not sure what kind of screen you used but it needs to have the appropriate sized holes for the trichs to fall through while keeping out the junk. Sounds like your stuff was too dry and crumbly and/or wrong screen... I'm not an expert on the subject but I think your oven temps were too hot as well..
I've never used one but the bubble bag ice water kits seem to do a great job if you like making hash.

The green you have is just some plant matter that has chlorophyll in it. It's not nearly as pure as it could have been if you had frozen it and used a bubble bag ;)

You mention THC Converting to CBD. This doesn't happen. Putting THC in the over decarbs it. It requires to get up to a certain temp before it will effect humans when eaten/ingested.

I personally would use it for edibles. I wouldn't smoke it, but some people do smoke sugar leaves.

Back
Top Bottom