Post Ice Water Extraction - Steps Advice?

Mass Medicinals

We ran things through yesterday. Not sure on the total weight of the fresh frozen trim. But stopped after about 6 hours of doing runs non-stop.

My arms and wrists are beat to crap. I will definitely be making a snorkel for bucket #1, so that the liquid just pours out the bottom and then I reload on water and start beating the plant matter again.

Any suggestions on processing the collected grades? They are just chilling out in the fridge right now. We do have a strainer but no microplaner.

Can this be converted into those brown hash balls/bricks that look oh so lovely?

Can this be converted into those brown hash balls/bricks that look oh so lovely?

All it takes is a little pressure and a little heat,
Too high to use your head, it's time to use your feet.
You want pressed hash on a budget, what do you do?
Wrap it up tightly, and put the stuff in your shoe!

Drain it as much as possible. A bubble bag or paper towel works well to strain/press the extra moisture out through in the early stages when it’s still wet. I usually just spread it out on a plate and tilt it to let it drain. Let it sit out somewhere warm for a day or two to dry. Just did this batch a few days ago.

After a couple days.

A rough ball put away to cure. It will probably lose a tiny bit more weight.

Later on in a month or two I’ll warm it in the oven and press it to pretty it up more.

How do you store that thing!!! wow!!!

Ours are just sitting in the fridge and they are moist when squeezed. Should I use the 25 micron mat to press out the moisture?

I just threw it in a jar with the lid off for now. I’ll check it in a week or two and see if it lost much weight. If it didn’t I’ll close the lid and leave it to cure. If it’s stored wet it tends to mold on the surface.
I’m not so sure it will dry well in the fridge but haven’t tried. Yes you can use the 25m screen to squeeze out moisture. I don’t do that myself, I just put the plate somewhere warm to dry, tilted to drain as I mentioned.

Thanks. We have it out on the 25 micron screen. sitting on a paper towel. We're moving it around some and breaking the clumps down. There are three piles; (90 bag) mid-greens, (45 bag) green & tan, (25 bag) and blonde & tan.

The plan will be to heat & press each of the micron piles after they are dry.

Just want these piles to dry so I can do that. :D

Okay so update...

First attempt at this with 200 grams of sugar leaf. Used a spoon. And the result was amazing. We did like 5-6 runs and the material never turned green on us.

Second attempt 454 grams of mainly bud and then sugar leaf. Used a paint mixing drill attachment. The results were super green. We did 3 runs and it was super green and gooey. And this was with fresh frozen buds, not just sugar leaf.

Not sure what we did wrong.

If you move away from water hash you would be investing capital elsewhere was my main point.

Also if the product goes from frozen to thawed during the process it will allow chlorophyll into the wash. When the water inside the cell walls freezes it ruptures those walls, if the ice remains frozen the rupture stays sealed with the ice penetrating it. Like a nail in a tire.

Turbo I tried it a bunch of different ways over the years and ended up gravitating back to the paint mixer. I just keep the drill on half throttle. Despite a lot of people posting that it’s a bad idea, I don’t find that it makes any lower grade hash than if I gently mix by hand. Or -minimally lower grade anyway. That how I made the hash I posted earlier in the thread.

What would you do instead?

Whoops thought I mentioned that earlier in the thread. I guess it was in a different thread that I was posting on recently.

I just do everything as I normally would - ice/water/paint mixer etc. Then I strain it though the two coarsest grade bags- 220 and 190 microns if I remember right, to strain out the waste- then just let it settle for a few hours. The hash will have sunk to the bottom by then. Sometimes I let it settle overnight. The longer you let it settle the lower the grade will be. Here’s a link to the way I do it. The Hexapus's Garden

I didn't go into a ton of detail but it’s pretty simple.

Back
Top Bottom