Justin's Experimental Jungles

Proverbs

To begin with... Long ago I took into consideration a point Roseman made in his Tutorial; the fact that roots love air.

So, I incorporated an ebb and flow concept within one of my first grows. I simply had the main reservoir below my Deep Water Culture arrays. I left about two inches of water depth in each array (container/chamber) and simply added a timer to the H2O pump. The pump , when active, would fill the arrays and then drain from the arrays back down into the Main Reservoir. It works fantastically well !

CURRENTLY...
I've been helping a friend by the name of Calvin; a friend you'd like to take to the wood shed often, mind you. All I will say is this:

"The wise man learns from his mistakes. But the Wiser man learns from the mistakes of others".

I've had to let him learn from his own mistakes; mistakes that I, later, had to come in and correct. (Hence , the many trips to the wood shed for him. lol) But friends are friends even when dealing with their short sighted construction/grow set up designs.

Which is another point Roseman made in his tutorial; a point that should not be over looked in the slightest degree.

"If you think College is expensive... try stupidity!"

How true!!

There is alot to share but for now...

Calvins plants are huge! 4 plants in a hybrid Deep Water Culture Ebb and Flow with a 24, 4 foot, 3K, 3Lum light system with 8 more 35 watt flor tubes being installed today above his garden. The plants are 48 inches high and 6 feet wide and are 4 feet deep. They also have buds all over the place. They are around 90 days old. ( I'm still amazed that they've done so well - even when he's done so many things backwards.)

Anyhow, I gave him 6 new starts and shared with him an idea. He likes the idea (which scares me a bit.)

It deals with the plants growing under a 32" x 7' foot pane of glass. The glass allowes each plant to grow about 1 foot high. Then they hit the glass and grow horizontally. Each one can be trained to grow in the direction you want by simply moving them in the horizontal direction you'd like them to grow.

When it becomes time to toss them into flower- you remove the glass and replace with Chicken Wire. The bud zones/internods will now be able to grown vertically through the wire with all the main plant mass and secondary branches remaining beneath the 'screen'.

It's kind of like the screen of green method with a difference; using the glass to hold them down until you are ready to take them toward bloom/harvest.
Just wondering what your thoughts may be on this experimental grow design.

The lighting, BTW is directly above the glass with 4 tubes beneath as well. (A Light Sandwich so to speak. )

The 38" x 7' glass will be in two panes (38" x 42") . I might just go with 2, 4x4 panes.

Also. Being that I will be doing my hybrid grows outdoors soon I added another twist to a bunch of my individual containers in the arrays. I have put river stones in each individual grow vessel. The reason for this is plant stability while growing.

What once was just 'air' in the containers are now filled with 1 inch river rock. The air is still there along with 2 inches of water in the bottom which has air stones that provide a positive supply of fresh air to the entire root structure.

Pictures to follow on the current an previous grows. Justine (my gal) has my camera with her in CA. It has all the old pictures in it.

Peace to one and all.
Justin

:theband::rocker:

PS!
I'm a proud Deep Water Culture and am so very, very grateful for all the care provided by all Deep Water Culture from the start.
Roseman and Mostly Crazy are to be honored for their pioneering spirits and leadership.

Thank you both, as well as, all the other Deep Water Culture that help people grow in Bubbles!!

That is certainly an intersting concept there, Justin!!!! The only thing I would be concerned with, are the dangers of suspending glass above your grow. Would you be able to safely suspend it? It would definitely be interesting to see the experiment.

Roseman; leading by example again! How to share True joy with one and all !! Total satisfaction of a job well done! I love it!

As for the glass, it's in a frame and will be suspended securely. I will be placing a fan in the grow area to minimize moisture/condensation on the glass if any.

Peace
Justin

Well Justin after we talked this morning (3hrs) I went out and exchanged that ph meter and the ph in the res tanks all were in the zone 5.9 a 6.0 an 6.1 with out the ph meter MM101 Mix by Memory 101 that is why it is important to record all mixing's.

I had a back up ph meter but that in the end failed me! and all I had to work with was what I had at the moment and that was beleif in myself and abilties from what I learned and my mixing record, it all worked out in the end.

You read your grow and applied learned knowledge. No wonder your babies love you!!

I adjusted the PH in Cal's garden and in just one day - they started to grow again. Right after I talked with you I went over and checked the ladies and showed Cal the new growth. His Ph from day one has been around 5.75 to 6.25. I bumped hem yesterday to 6.8 and whal la! New growth.

I'm still going to do what you advised and do a Cler-ex rinse. The Aza Max systemic bug killer may have locked them. It's a filmy substance and may have coated the roots just enough to do whatever. So, I'm gonna take 'whatever' out of the equation via the rinse.

We went and scoped the area for some major outdoor grows and signed up another two patients. They own the ranch and love what's been done in the grows at this point and are really exited to be a key factor in growing some trees this summer.

The combination of designs that you, me and Fry Fly are doing should work very well outdoors; subterminal main res with automated H2O pump to the rock filled, Air fueled, subterminal plant chamber arrays should produce plants that will just fit in the Barn and yield 3 to 4 pounds per plant. Tim had a tree last year that produced 10 pounds. Sativa.

I'm wondering which strain would be best to gain high yield.
I have Purple Trinity Kush, G13, Lemon Kush, Pride of Amsterdam, Super Nova aka Cronic, Floyd, Pine Berry, White Widow and AK48. Plus a mess of unknown seeds from Amsterdam as well- that have not been cracked or sexed however.

I think one of each-of the above known/females, may tell me which ones to use next year for the main crop.

What are your thoughts on which strain will tree best?? This includes a strain not listed above.

J

You read your grow and applied learned knowledge. No wonder your babies love you!!

I adjusted the PH in Cal's garden and in just one day - they started to grow again. Right after I talked with you I went over and checked the ladies and showed Cal the new growth. His Ph from day one has been around 5.75 to 6.25. I bumped hem yesterday to 6.8 and whal la! New growth.

I'm still going to do what you advised and do a Cler-ex rinse. The Aza Max systemic bug killer may have locked them. It's a filmy substance and may have coated the roots just enough to do whatever. So, I'm gonna take 'whatever' out of the equation via the rinse.

We went and scoped the area for some major outdoor grows and signed up another two patients. They own the ranch and love what's been done in the grows at this point and are really exited to be a key factor in growing some trees this summer.

The combination of designs that you, me and Fry Fly are doing should work very well outdoors; subterminal main res with automated H2O pump to the rock filled, Air fueled, subterminal plant chamber arrays should produce plants that will just fit in the Barn and yield 3 to 4 pounds per plant. Tim had a tree last year that produced 10 pounds. Sativa.

I'm wondering which strain would be best to gain high yield.
I have Purple Trinity Kush, G13, Lemon Kush, Pride of Amsterdam, Super Nova aka Cronic, Floyd, Pine Berry, White Widow and AK48. Plus a mess of unknown seeds from Amsterdam as well- that have not been cracked or sexed however.

I think one of each-of the above known/females, may tell me which ones to use next year for the main crop.

What are your thoughts on which strain will tree best?? This includes a strain not listed above.

J

For myself I would start by looking up these strains being I don't them off hand, I would go over their growing history, possible yeilds in an out doors, look up the strains growing characteristics, and the go with the best fit for the grow environment you have planned for maximum yeild.

That's why I am interested in the roadrunner strain short in hight and so faster to harvest providing all goes right.

For myself I would start by looking up these strains being I don't know them off hand, I would go over their growing history, possible yeilds in an out doors, look up the strains growing characteristics, and the go with the best fit for the grow environment you have planned and for a maximum yeild.

That's why I am interested in the roadrunner strain short in hight and fast the to harvest, providing all goes right.

What ip my Bro.
:surf:

I set Calvin on the curb today.

It's no different than getting out of the car when somebody is driving drunk. He has been doing everything wrong and will not listen to what's tried and true.

Whyatever. I chose not to say anything bad. It's best that he learn the hard way I guess. So be it. But not with my tools and equipment. I have many others to help. Let him kill the garden. Better that than our friendship.

It's no different than getting out of the car when somebody is driving drunk. He has been doing everything wrong and will not listen to what's tried and true.

Whyatever. I chose not to say anything bad. It's best that he learn the hard way I guess. So be it. But not with my tools and equipment. I have many others to help. Let him kill the garden. Better that than our friendship.

:smokin:What ?

Set him on the curb? Is that for trash pick up?

Yep. Not much else you can do with a dog that won't hunt. The only fool is the foll who refuses to be taught. Fools hate knowledge and are unable to see the error of their way(s).
All you can do is let them learn the hard way.

"Don't stick the fork in the toaster!"

"But I wanna stick the fork in the toaster!"

"You'l break it!"

"No I won't!"

"You may! AND it's pluged in!"

"So what. It's my toaster!"

"Okay, Dinkus! Have at it ! "

Sparks!! Screaming! Fried hair!

Idiot.

I hope he inherites a 'a facial tick' that lasts a lifetime.

Twich... twich... twich...

(It's hard for me to let ignorant people suffer. But sometimes learning the hard way is the only way those with thick heads among us can learn.) So... I took all my 'toasters' out of his grow, so to speak.

Yep. Not much else you can do with a dog that won't hunt. The only fool is the foll who refuses to be taught. Fools hate knowledge and are unable to see the error of their way(s).
All you can do is let them learn the hard way.

"Don't stick the fork in the toaster!"

"But I wanna stick the fork in the toaster!"

"You'l break it!"

"No I won't!"

"You may! AND it's pluged in!"

"So what. It's my toaster!"

"Okay, Dinkus! Have at it ! "

Sparks!! Screaming! Fried hair!

Idiot.

I hope he inherites a 'a facial tick' that lasts a lifetime.

Twich... twich... twich...

(It's hard for me to let ignorant people suffer. But sometimes learning the hard way is the only way those with thick heads among us can learn.) So... I took all my 'toasters' out of his grow, so to speak.

Sounds kinda De Da De,

I had a guy working for me who was using his hole saw and drill to cut into a walls to put the A/V cabling in for a flat panel TV and home theater, I told him never use a power tool to cut a holes for this type of application and to use a drywall saw, okay he say's!

But the next time he's was on a job by himself he used the hole saw with the a power drill and drilled right into a water line that was up against the dry wall in the ceiling, flood the customers living room took out a 20' foot by 13' foot part of the ceiling out, cost me then him $1000 to fix the damage, and the people who we're hired to do the repair did a shitty job and I ended up paying another $500 to the customers painter to do it the right way, people who don't take good advice deserve what they get out of not paying attention.

But the wise among us are often times harmed by the ignorant conduct of fools.

It's like I have been in the car of a drunk driver and finally made him pull over and let me out.

I ain't go'en no where with an idiot behind the wheel.

Sadly our country has been being driven by a boat loud of idiots for the past two decades. And I want a new captain at the helm!! A whole new crew!!!

The toughest thing about stupid people is they don't realize just how stupid they are!

so true.
Don't know why I'm a bit bummed about this whole thing. But it actually hurts; to see someone harm themselves.

I know I don't have to care, but being that I do care, I care alot.
No wonder Widsom cry's . As the bible says in Proverbs 1:16 to the end of the chapter. Gets really mad too !
I believe it's all based in love I guess; Love for your fellow man. True compassion and not wanting them to see harm come to themselves.

Back
Top Bottom