Kara's Bible - Hybrid DIY Recirculating DWC System - Master Kush Grow

Re: Kara's Bible: Hybrid DIY recirculating DWC system - Master Kush grow

Wow Kara this journal is definitely a blueprint for growing some fine plants...great work!

Thanks guys! I hope so... Would love to have something legendary, like the great Lucas formula... I found that Lucas worked great, but seemed mild. And if I'm Vegging, I'm using Flora Gro, they make it for a reason right? The formula I use is similar to the Aggressive GH schedule...

Re: Kara's Bible: Hybrid DIY recirculating DWC system - Master Kush grow

I would say you're off to a good start on that! As far as nutes go, the GH 3 part system has been great to me. I've used it in my custom ebb & flow system, and now I use it in my soil. Found a great feeding schedule online for soil, and it seems to work perfectly. Plus, the PH buffer of these nutes is great. Everything doesn't have to be quite exact to make sure the nutes are being pulled up. Overall, I'm really satisfied with GH.

Re: Kara's Bible: Hybrid DIY Recirculating DWC System - Master Kush Grow

WEEK 4 - Day 1: (Veg Week 1) 24hrs (2) 600w HPS
Nutrients (28 gal reservior):
280ml Flora Micro
420ml Flora Gro
140ml Flora Bloom
Temp: 79 degrees
Status: Healthy, Roots all over, fishboning. Plant height avg. 10"-1'-0"....

Thanks again folks. Love the compliments.... So far we did 18 days cloning, 2 days in the drip system, and 4 days in the DWC. Things look terrific.

DSC_02086.jpg

DSC_02105.jpg

No issues at all. Smooth as butter. Notice the leaf tips no up curl, no down curl, no turning, no nutrient burns... only harmony.... I Think I'm going to go all DWC... The drip system in the Veg area works great, but since the roots hit the bucket sides and bottom in two days, I think I'll just give them 2 more days in the cloner and transplant them so that the root ends touch the bottom mesh and I'll fill in around it all with Hydroton... I think the only benifit of using the drip was it spread the roots out in the Hydroton medium allowing better stability of the stem? But the bigger benifit would be the roots in a constant solution. Maybe? Anyway,the drip system is loud, higher maintainance, and I want to get the res out of the Veg room... So stay tuned on that revamp.

DAAANNNNGGGGGGG KARA!!! So well organized! I'm jealous, and sticking around for this.

Thanks for the great info...and set up....and pics.

peace and props.

Your entire setup looks immaculate. I love how well thought out everything is. After I get some more experience and money, I would like to build something of this caliber. +Rep for you!

Very clean setup, Kara. The roots on the clones are picture perfect. :thumb:

You might be able to use something like self-stick weather stripping stuck under the lid in front of the handle. Get the water to drip down rather than run out?

I'm subbed :popcorn:

:peace:

Very clean setup, Kara. The roots on the clones are picture perfect. :thumb:

You might be able to use something like self-stick weather stripping stuck under the lid in front of the handle. Get the water to drip down rather than run out?

I'm subbed :popcorn:

:peace:

thanks HorseBadortiz, I am using some selfstick weather stripping. I'm still searching for the perfect 15 gal. tub and lid to line with a weather stripping...The Sterlite one I use has some strange extrusion shit going on and the weatherstripping seal isn't perfect in all spots (the handle area).... Haven't really paid that close attention to tub lid design of others... Any suggestions?

I like the one I am using for my grow tub. It seems like it would be perfect for what your doing. I got mine from home depot, but wally world sells them too. $16 for a 45 gallon I think.

Edit: on second thought, they would probably flex a bunch from all the water needed. Nvm

thanks HorseBadortiz, I am using some selfstick weather stripping. I'm still searching for the perfect 15 gal. tub and lid to line with a weather stripping...The Sterlite one I use has some strange extrusion shit going on and the weatherstripping seal isn't perfect in all spots (the handle area).... Haven't really paid that close attention to tub lid design of others... Any suggestions?

Yes, the Sterlites are nearly impossible to seal - the heavy duty tubs Home Depot sells for tool storage seem like they seal better. Even just the Rubbermaid tubs have better lip design - the top is quite a bit lower than the lip, so it's not so exposed to the spray.

Wow karagrows nice set up and nice journal. Have you been into my dreams? I have been thinking of something very similar. As far as the tote goes I built an aero cloner for a friend. We used a rubbermaid roughneck tote It doesn't leak at all as long as the resivor level isn't to high. It distorts the tote with too mutch water. I has to be a roughneck our first try was with a regular rubbermaid from wallmart what a failure. My local homedepot has the roughnecks. That just my two cents. Hope it helps.

High Kara, I'm not talking about sealing the lid to the tote. If the sprayer isn't actually spraying out the gap between the two, but rather just hitting the inside of the lid then running out... you might be able to make some sort of speed bump. Slow the water down to where it drips off the lid rather than run out... or go hempy? :)

Good luck :peace:

High Kara, I'm not talking about sealing the lid to the tote. If the sprayer isn't actually spraying out the gap between the two, but rather just hitting the inside of the lid then running out... you might be able to make some sort of speed bump. Slow the water down to where it drips off the lid rather than run out... or go hempy? :)

You'd be amazed at the angles water can find... I do agree the Roughneck totes are best in this regard for the cheap ones... I spent a few hours browsing tubs with this in mind... :)

You'd be amazed at the angles water can find... I do agree the Roughneck totes are best in this regard for the cheap ones... I spent a few hours browsing tubs with this in mind... :)

Wow karagrows nice set up and nice journal. Have you been into my dreams? I have been thinking of something very similar. As far as the tote goes I built an aero cloner for a friend. We used a rubbermaid roughneck tote It doesn't leak at all as long as the resivor level isn't to high. It distorts the tote with too mutch water. I has to be a roughneck our first try was with a regular rubbermaid from wallmart what a failure. My local homedepot has the roughnecks. That just my two cents. Hope it helps.

Thanks folks... Sounds like the Roughneck is the one to get... HorseBadortiz, I'm not familiar with "Hempy"? Is there a good link to it?

Back
Top Bottom