Kilroy’s Grand Daddy Purple Grow Journal 2018

KilroyOG

420 Member
Kilroy’s Grand Daddy Purple Grow Journal 2018
Strain: Grand Daddy Purple - 75% Indica/ 25% Sativa (6 plants)
Soil: Lambert All Purpose Potting Mix
Nutes: Optimum Hydroponix
Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon

This grow will be mainlined as per Nugbuckets method
Mainlining…"Main-Lining" Tutorial by Nugbuckets: Train Marijuana Plants for Bigger Yields & Flat Canopies | Grow Weed Easy

Environment:
  • Germination, Seedlings & Mainlining:
    • 3 x 16w veg led’s
  • Main Growth:
    • Tent: 4' x4' x 7'
    • Light: 700w Mars Hydro Led (Veg-18/6 Flower 12/12)
  • Climate Control:
    • 6000 btu A/C with carbon filter air intake
    • 6 gal evaporative humidifier
I have 1 indoor grow under my belt and before that I had a plant on my balcony which gave me the bug to get into this.

I am open to any and all advice and constructive criticism from the 420 community.

I germinated the seeds in paper towels, and grew the seedlings under humidity domes

Germination began Jan 26
Plant in dirt and place under Humidity domes Jan 30

I have named the 6 plants to keep track of their individual histories. Optimistically I gave them all female names but these are un-feminized seeds so I will likely have to pull some when they show their balls. I used old time names so as not too identify with anyone I know. They are Doris, Marjorie, Mavis, Muriel, Vera & Vivienne

This image was Feb 23

full

Mar 8
  • Muriel – tied down lower and tightened radius
  • Mavis – Removed node 3 fan Leaves
  • Marjorie, Vera – Tied down first Mains
  • Vivienne – Cut second Main at First new node
full

full

full

I have been wondering if perhaps I am cutting the tops off too soon. Should I be waiting for another node, or for the new mains to grow out a bit more? I have been thinking it should put the energy into the new mains so I have been cutting them as soon as they are developed enough to be cut. Not sure what is best.

Mar 18
  • Muriel – Removed Fan Leaves
full

• Vivienne & Doris – Topped at First new node
full

full

• Mavis – Cut second Main at First new node
full

• Marjorie, Vera – not ready yet to be topped
full

full

Until next time :)

full

Lots of bondage going on in here.
They look great.... :thumb:

Surprised no one has commented....

Yes the bondage is just while they make the 8 mains. then I'll let them go.

I am also surprised at the lack of comments. I am hoping for some constructive comments I can learn from. I doubt I am doing everything right. It would be nice to get some feedback from the experts here.

Yes the bondage is just while they make the 8 mains. then I'll let them go.

I am also surprised at the lack of comments. I am hoping for some constructive comments I can learn from. I doubt I am doing everything right. It would be nice to get some feedback from the experts here.

Well, to be blunt, I don't see major problems. So, it looks like you at least doing everything mostly right.

They look to be growing, have a good color, and seem to respond to the training. Those basically state, you are doing it right.

There is one item, that I'm sure some of the guys will comment on. Mavis is a perfect example. Many people say to leave fan leaves until the moment they are blocking bud sites (when flowering starts).This is due to the fact, they provide energy for growing. If you cut them off too soon, you will slow down the plant. That is why you see a lot of plants trained that are just a mass of leaves.

I'm not training yet, but I plant to leave leaves that do not touch the soil. Those can be a problem (mold).

I'm just stating what I've been told, and have read.

I just reread your first post. I see some of the reason you are taking all the fan leaves. It's part of the mainlining technique. You are doing photoperiod, so that makes it less critical.

Interesting technique. So, you are doing it to perfection. Can't see anything wrong at this point.

Interesting. I thought they were taxing the energy so I have been cutting them off when the new leaves were big enough to do photosynthesis. I'll leave them on longer going forward. I'd love to hear more opinions on this. It is an area I am unsure of and obviously want to do it the best way possible. Thanks.

Interesting. I thought they were taxing the energy so I have been cutting them off when the new leaves were big enough to do photosynthesis. I'll leave them on longer going forward. I'd love to hear more opinions on this. It is an area I am unsure of and obviously want to do it the best way possible. Thanks.

Once you get the manifold, I would think leaving the branch-leaf sets on will help speed up growing. I know the tutorial is very specific while building the manifold though. There is another guy who is doing some kind of mainlining here, and another doing quad lining ( manifold like a + sign).

I can't say who, for my memory is failing me (truthfully). I read so much here, it becomes a jumble. You could search and find those guys. I'm sure they are using those keywords.

They only become taxing after buds start. Then the leaves that are lower on the plant not getting enough light are using up energy. That is what I have read.

Subbed in.
Curious tho is There a technical difference between mainlining and fluxing or are they the same thing?
OG your plants look good and seem to be developing well. Sorry to that a main broke.

Back
Top Bottom