GDP First Time Grower

It's watering time. Last watering had 700 ppm runoff water so I added no nutrients. I'll be going with ph balanced water only for next 10-14 days as plants near end of flower. Among the nutrients used in this grow is Cana boost for flowering stage. My question is can I add my Canna boost and nothing else to the ph balanced water?

Thanks Bill! Can't wait to see what she looks like in next 10-14 days! Updates soon.
:Namaste:Pardon my question my friend.
But why would you want to starve her in the most important stage of her life.
I feed as usual right up until I shut the lights off pre harvest.
That pic from Thursday. GDP First Time Grower
Has a ton of white pistols.
I'd get out my calendar and keep feeding.
You have more than 2 weeks left.
I never harvest white pistols.
When the white pistols have crinkled in and turned red you know she has finished flowering and building for you.
Then check tric's :Namaste:

Stay Safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Screenshot_20220425-092016_Chrome.jpg

You have more than 2 weeks left.
I never harvest white pistols.
When the white pistols have crinkled in and turned red you know she has finished flowering and building for you.
Then check tric's :Namaste:

Stay Safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
I'm going to remember this forever! Thanks Bill! That's a great bit of knowledge to arm myself with and we certainly can follow that directive. I'm seeing where I should of let the first grow go much longer and didn't. I'm learning for sure.

I'm going to remember this forever! Thanks Bill! That's a great bit of knowledge to arm myself with and we certainly can follow that directive. I'm seeing where I should of let the first grow go much longer and didn't. I'm learning for sure.
I made the same mistake on my very first harvest, GDP. :oops:
It's a simple way to understand the process a bit better though.
After a few runs you can recognize the stages.
Like anything it just takes a little experience.
That being said you are knocking right out of the park my friend. :love:
You would have cried if you got my second harvest. :rofl:
Mistakes create knowledge wow I'm learning a lot. :laugh::laugh:
They are going to start to reduce their uptake soon that will let you know the pistols are about to crinkle in.
Keep up the great work. :thumb:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

One of my top heavy GDP colas was falling over. "I bring so many bud gifts I can't stand upright". Very nice problem to have. I had seen this in other grow journals and wondered if mine would ever get that large. It happened! Today I gently tied a soft support elastic thread on the branch and up to ceiling support. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON MY FIRST GROW! In fact, this second grow doing much better!

IMG_0990.jpg

One of my top heavy GDP colas was falling over. "I bring so many bud gifts I can't stand upright". Very nice problem to have. I had seen this in other grow journals and wondered if mine would ever get that large. It happened! Today I gently tied a soft support elastic thread on the branch and up to ceiling support. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON MY FIRST GROW! In fact, this second grow doing much better!

IMG_0990.jpg
Hey Bob good problem to have. ;)
If your buds don't fall over they aren't big enough. :rofl:
Good work my friend.
I use potassium silicate .5ml in plain water once a week.
Everyone gets it as soon as they leave the clone room.
It strengthens the cell walls in the plant.
Makes an overall healthier girl.
Heat and drought resistant and much stronger branches.
May not hold up Pringle cans but will help.:laugh:
Oh these problems we have hehe.
Great work my friend.
One thing that concerns me though is the color.
They aren't eating properly.
Do you want to see if there is something going on maby we can rectify?
I'm not sure what is in your pots?what your feeding?
At what ph?

Bill

Great work my friend.
One thing that concerns me though is the color.
They aren't eating properly.
I'm not sure what is in your pots?what your feeding?
At what ph?

Bill
Never hurts to ask the newbie! These plants are moving into week 9 ish. They've been on a nutrient supply of Botanicare products to include following:

Botanicare Silica Blast, CalMag, Botanicare Pure Blend (Veg), Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (Flower), Canna Boost, Cannazym, and Canna Rhizotonic, and Blackstrap molasses. All nutes mixed with RO water made at home and ph balanced to approx 6.3 ph. All used in varying proportions depending on water schedule and PPM runoff.
These fading colors just started and I believe it would be the fade before chop day a couple of weeks away?
Any suggestions most welcome.

Never hurts to ask the newbie! These plants are moving into week 9 ish. They've been on a nutrient supply of Botanicare products to include following:

Botanicare Silica Blast, CalMag, Botanicare Pure Blend (Veg), Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (Flower), Canna Boost, Cannazym, and Canna Rhizotonic, and Blackstrap molasses. All nutes mixed with RO water made at home and ph balanced to approx 6.3 ph. All used in varying proportions depending on water schedule and PPM runoff.
These fading colors just started and I believe it would be the fade before chop day a couple of weeks away?
Any suggestions most welcome.
Good morning Bob , it's more than pre harvest fade sorry :Namaste:
Your in soil right?
Have you been mixing all those things together?
Silica takes 24 hrs in your plain water first to break down.
I fed the Silica in plain ph'd water by its self once a week. 5ml/l.
Separate from all nutrients, just with water.
Then on feed days-
Calmag must go in your plain water first, wait 10 minutes then add nutrients in order to the schedule per that schedule.
But Calmag is usually only used in soil if there is an issue.
Was there an issue that required it's use or have you included it constantly?
The reason for that is Calmag leaves a residue in soil that builds up around your roots .
This gradually slows nutrient uptake and chokes your roots.
If so I'd recommend you flush the pot with 3x the size of the pot plain water.
This will clean out your root zone allowing the roots to eat properly all the way to harvest.
You can do it in a bath tub or laundry tub, no ph required.
Then right back to a feed, water, feed, water cycle.
With a very good dry in-between.
Your feeding full strength nutrients as per the recommended schedule per the week they are on?
Why are you reading your run off?And have you made changes because of what you got in your runoff???
Ok here is a chart for your nutrients, it shows the proper order for your nutrients and their mixing requirements.
Molasses once a week on plain water days only?

Bill

Screenshot_20220121-122247_Chrome.jpg

Bill, you certainly have my attention! Thank You for taking time to enlighten me on this matter. After reading your post, I immediately noticed a couple of things I've done wrong. I've been sneaking a 3ml syringe of Calmag on each feeding. Well those roots are toast even with a quick flush. I'll have to keep running the race with what I got but next grow won't. be having that problem. The silica I added .5ml on water only days. I also measured PPM of run off water to determine approximate nutrients in the soil. On my first grow I kept feeding according to schedule into Foxfarm and Strawberry Hills but it compounded to very high numbers. I had it hit 1400 PPM on one mixing and had temporary signs of nutrient burn until it came down.
I see humic acid on the suggested feeding chart and not sure if it's part of my nutes or fox farm soil. Will pull bags out and have a closer look at ingredients. Finally, you mention Calmag and Molasses on water only days. Do you mix them or alternate between waterings?

Thank You again for your input!

Bill, you certainly have my attention! Thank You for taking time to enlighten me on this matter. After reading your post, I immediately noticed a couple of things I've done wrong. I've been sneaking a 3ml syringe of Calmag on each feeding. Well those roots are toast even with a quick flush. I'll have to keep running the race with what I got but next grow won't. be having that problem. The silica I added .5ml on water only days. I also measured PPM of run off water to determine approximate nutrients in the soil. On my first grow I kept feeding according to schedule into Foxfarm and Strawberry Hills but it compounded to very high numbers. I had it hit 1400 PPM on one mixing and had temporary signs of nutrient burn until it came down.
I see humic acid on the suggested feeding chart and not sure if it's part of my nutes or fox farm soil. Will pull bags out and have a closer look at ingredients. Finally, you mention Calmag and Molasses on water only days. Do you mix them or alternate between waterings?

Thank You again for your input!
Good morning, hope your having a good day my friend.
Calmag isn't usually used in soil unless you have a deficiency !
I'd cut it out for now.
No calmag.
Silicate on water Days only once a week.
Molasses feeds the microbes in the soil.
The microbes in turn feed the roots.
A little Molasses in your water only, once a week keeps them happy and feeding your girls.
Does that help?

Bill

I chopped White Widow today. Wet trimmed and fingers would not separate just halfway through the plant. Soapy water didn't help and had to use Iso Alcohol couple of times to keep going - OMG! This is what happens when you grow to bona fide maturity. This shit is going to be deadly for smoke - can’t wait to try it. Put her into drying tent for now. Follow up soon.

I hope I didn’t screw this plant up. A member in another forum said the plant was no where near maturity, chopped way to early at 10 weeks, and it was not fed properly. If this guy is right then this plant goes in the trash. This plant is supposed to average 7-9 weeks flower and I went 10ish. Pistils gone or red, trichomes turning amber, and plant changed colors toward the end. Very frustrating trying to dial in the right chop time with so many online peanut galleries screaming chop now vs. wait another 6 years plus Cal mag!

I hope I didn’t screw this plant up. A member in another forum said the plant was no where near maturity, chopped way to early at 10 weeks, and it was not fed properly. If this guy is right then this plant goes in the trash. This plant is supposed to average 7-9 weeks flower and I went 10ish. Pistils gone or red, trichomes turning amber, and plant changed colors toward the end. Very frustrating trying to dial in the right chop time with so many online peanut galleries screaming chop now vs. wait another 6 years plus Cal mag!
Hey Bob hope you are well my friend.
Sorry about the confusion on chopping.
By the looks of the above pic I'd say you are ok.
I think your right at the beginning of the harvest window but your in there. :thumb:
There is the odd white pistol but gone mostly.
I let the pistols turn red and crinkle in while watching tric's and size.
Also her nutrient up take will diminish drastically at the end.
Don't trash that beautiful lady , cure her and I bet you will be thrilled.
Congratulations on a fine Harvest. :cheer:

Bill

We hung it for an hour and I went ahead and threw this out as well. Really strong scents though! Couple of experienced growers agreed these needed at least another 3 weeks pushing them into week 15 flower. I do believe with at least 3 more wks to go, it would of been shit to smoke at this stage anyway. Autoflowers are looking more and more attractive. I had been so opposed to autos that I don't even know what strains are available. Any suggestions from experienced Auto growers message me with your easy to grow favorites! :)

tempImage6Jwdmf.png

tempImage01nEiS.png

Just ran out of my first run of purchased seeds from Rocketseeds (Dotcom)
Since I started my first grow October of last year, I practiced on a few plants.
Unsure what direction to take in regards to growing, what seeds to order next, and what I'll do different on next grow.
Currently germinating some Jack H and today a Cereal Milk seed popped. Not sure if the Mendo B clone will make it.
Here's a pic of Cereal Milk grown from a seed I found in an 1/8th I bought a while back. I have no idea what will come of this plant but will try to help it along. Back to the seed providers, I'm guessing I should place an order with Humboldt? A real authority that's been around for a while? Any suggestions? Thank You in advance
:)

tempImageYncs6S.png

Just ran out of my first run of purchased seeds from Rocketseeds (Dotcom)
Since I started my first grow October of last year, I practiced on a few plants.
Unsure what direction to take in regards to growing, what seeds to order next, and what I'll do different on next grow.
Currently germinating some Jack H and today a Cereal Milk seed popped. Not sure if the Mendo B clone will make it.
Here's a pic of Cereal Milk grown from a seed I found in an 1/8th I bought a while back. I have no idea what will come of this plant but will try to help it along. Back to the seed providers, I'm guessing I should place an order with Humboldt? A real authority that's been around for a while? Any suggestions? Thank You in advance
:)

tempImageYncs6S.png
A couple drops of water will help soften the seed and come off easier.
Humbolt are good.
Herbies and Weed Seeds Express are good too.
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom