GDP First Time Grower

Consensus seems to be 60RH/60ish temp. For those drying with average 60/60, better drying time and certainly less chance of over drying before curing. I'm resolving this humidity issue by sealing off that little closet space with a walkthrough plastic magnetic curtain since its an open space. Whenever RH needs to be adjusted, I'll simply dial in the external humidifier (on the floor outside tent) and closet space to percentage which takes care of the tent. All good fun in pursuit of slow and steady drying.

Okay, let's all ugly cry together hollering "It F'n worked! It F'n worked!"
4.3oz./122g. into the jars today. Yes, that hay smell went away last couple of days. Trimmed but I really like a little bit of leaf on my buds so I did. Jars smelling different and much improved! Can't believe I got this far with this first grow but OH SO VERY GRATEFUL! I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions along the way! Ya'll have been very patient with me and rock solid wonderful. Will follow up soon with ongoing curing, upcoming smoke, and next harvest.

IMG_0011.jpg

Really pleased with size of larger pieces. Actually, can't believe it's here...

IMG_0014.jpg

Okay, let's all ugly cry together hollering "It F'n worked! It F'n worked!"
4.3oz./122g. into the jars today. Yes, that hay smell went away last couple of days. Trimmed but I really like a little bit of leaf on my buds so I did. Jars smelling different and much improved! Can't believe I got this far with this first grow but OH SO VERY GRATEFUL! I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions along the way! Ya'll have been very patient with me and rock solid wonderful. Will follow up soon with ongoing curing, upcoming smoke, and next harvest.

IMG_0011.jpg

Really pleased with size of larger pieces. Actually, can't believe it's here...

IMG_0014.jpg
Woohoo :woohoo: :theband:

Stay safe
Bill

Had a sample smoke yesterday evening. What began as a light euphoric effect evolved into much more. Initially noticed how smooth and cough free majority of smoke was. Mighty proud at that moment. Really amazed at the smoothness! I was there during the grow and regulated all nutrients and ongoing PPM levels. No junk left in this plant by the time I cut her down. I wondered if it was all I would feel since I grew it myself. At the moment I was still doubting myself and the quality of weed I had grown. That was 2 hits off a little one hitter pipe.

Immediately decided it was best and certainly time to break out the wide bottom decanter style water pipe pictured below! Packed a 14mm bowl and smoked away. Starts with a euphoric mental high. I knew it was Indica dominant so wasn't sure how long any minor Sativa effects would last before the couch lock if any. Remember, I was still doubting the quality. The head high was as strong as anything else I've smoked recently (mostly indica dominant strains) but much longer!

A potent head to toe high. Sat down to catch up on Season 3 Episode ? of TV series 'High Maintenance'. Yeah, I'm still trying to finish that show. I'm a busy guy ya know and terrible at finishing any series in reasonable time. Haven't even started 'Game of Thrones' yet. Did I make some of you scream with that? Yep.

The head and body high progressed into a strong comfortably numb paradise. This was a strong sensation folks. Then a voracious munchies apatite! OMFG! Went through remaining half a Family pack of Oreos leaving three or four to feel better about myself. Followed by 2 boiled eggs in the fridge. Followed by microwaved slice of Lasagna. Chased all of it down with fruit punch, Coca Cola, and Bubbly Cucumber water. These were the fun foods that were immediately within my reach at the time. Remember, I had doubts that I would get stoned.

Next, I wanted to lay in bed watching YouTube TV and YouTube in general. Laying there I tuned into several subscription channels and found myself in and out of consciousness. Very comfortable and rested. Slept like a log. Woke up this morning at 4:30 am fully charged and ready to start my day! No hangover or drowsiness. Any minor aches or early morning difficulties gone. Sprang out of bed fully rested unlike any over the counter nightime sleep aids which leave me groggy for half the morning.

I am humbled and amazed! Just in the last year, I've sampled some 15 different strains from suppliers.

I don't want to say this here or anywhere, but this first grow is some of the best fuckin' weed I've ever smoked. Kicked my butt for remainder of the evening.

Thank You GDP
smile.png

This is the result of a cannabis community coming together to help a first time grower. I was there when asking the questions and seeking advice and directive on what to do next at every stage of grow. I was there sorting through advice and finding what fit me best. We were all there when it came time to cut here down, dry, and now curing.

Thank You all for helping and teaching me achieve these results!

Next generation lining up now. Had these seedling and GDP clones going in another small grow tent while I finished my first GDP plant. Trying to calculate (with nothing going wrong) from seed, when to start growing or cloning for next rotation was not easy for this first time grower. I figured I can always get rid of a plant or two vs. not having enough and waiting for plants to grow. These seedlings include:
Grand Daddy Purple (clones), White Widow, Bubba Kush, Jack herer, Mendo Purp, and Blue Dream.

Really focusing on getting that Jack herer going with it's Sativa dominant effects.
From Leafy:
"Jack Herer, also known as "JH," "The Jack," "Premium Jack," and "Platinum Jack" is a sativa-dominant marijuana strain that has gained as much renown as its namesake, the marijuana activist and author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Combining a Hazehybrid with a Northern Lights #5 and Shiva Skunk cross, Sensi Seeds created Jack Herer hoping to capture both cerebral elevation and heavy resin production. Its rich genetic background gives rise to several different variations of Jack Herer, each phenotype bearing its own unique features and effects. However, consumers typically describe this 55% sativa hybrid as blissful, clear-headed, and creative.

Jack Herer was created in the Netherlands in the mid-1990s, where it was later distributed by Dutch pharmacies as a recognized medical-grade strain. Since then, this spicy, pine-scented strain has taken home numerous awards for its quality and potency. Many breeders have attempted to cultivate this staple strain themselves in sunny or Mediterranean climates, and indoor growers should wait 50 to 70 days for Jack Herer to flower."

No matter what direction we take with next grow, updates coming soon!

IMG_0015.jpg

These seedlings include:
Grand Daddy Purple (clones), White Widow, Bubba Kush, Jack herer, Mendo Purp, and Blue Dream. Why so many? I know! I figured some wouldn't germinate while others might die or just bad quality and not moving forward with it/them. Well, everyone made it and soon to be repotted.

Not uploading that pic of clones/seedling as the tray of plants got me banned from THCtalk for having too many plants.

It'll be hard to smoke store bought herb ever again. I remember picking up some bud while visiting Colorado and having to smoke it with an ice cold bottle of water in one hand because it was so harsh that every puff scorched my throat. It felt like I was smoking saw dust. As I dodged the wind to light a joint behind the hotel dumpster I thought "I barely know what I'm doing and my stuff is WAY better than this!"

Southerncough,
I visited with a friend yesterday and we smoked some Blue Dream which I'd been chasing to experience a Sativa dominant strain. Well, I experienced it well and grateful but the smoke was HARSH and we coughed right away. Blackest ash possible. She said she thought it was mildly smooth until she had my home grown which she never coughed on! I'm seeing what you and others mean about smoking product outside your own grow. Very interesting.

What I really want to know now, is what growing technique and chemicals used to grow these harsher strains. Is this a flushing issue (big hot button controversy there) before cutting plant down? Is it genetics? How do you create a harsh smoke like that?

from what I understand it could be anything from dried too fast, no cure, feeding program, plant stress, pest pressure, etc. and/or genetics.
Some genetics are super smooth and some are gross no matter who or how they're grown, just too far gone.
In commercial bud I would guess a super salty feeding regimen up until harvest day, a quick dry (especially in arid climates), little if no cure time and it's out the door to the store.
Especially in such competitive markets like CO and CA there's not a lot of time for love and care which many here will agree is the secret ingredient to a fantastic smoking experience.
Does a mega greenhouse tomato farmer take the time and effort to make sure each fruit reaches its most optimal flavor and nutrient potential or is he scrambling to get his bumper crop to market? whereas a home gardener will be out there at night with a flashlight plucking off hornworms and pruning and feeding and caring for his little crop

I need a new dependable PPM meter! Originally had BlueLab Truncheon PPM meter and sent it back after breaking on 3rd use! Sent that one back to Amazon and never using that brand again as it has to be shipped to Zurich! Then I bought the MegaMeter PPM + PH meter. The PPM meter is reading whacked. Had to water today with Nutes and just went half the dose on everything till I get a new meter to gauge where I'm at with PPM reading. Any suggestions on next meter?

Recently purchased a cheaper PPM meter and decided to purchase another BlueLab Truncheon PPM meter stick. It was suggested I might of had a defective unit and if it were to go bad again, I'll be returning via Amazon. Interesting how the market mostly offers cheap inaccurate ppm meters (questionable readings and short life span) OR an expensive unit via BlueLab or similar company and product quality.
For example, with PH meters, you have a wide range of choices from GH PH up/down kits for $15 to thousands of $ for electronic meters. Within that range of PH meters you still have mid range price point say $65 to $100 for BlueLab PH meter.
With that out of the way, time to move on to the next grow! I have several things in Veg right now and will create a new post for each strain.

Fattening up a bit. Flower week Fivish... GDP clones, White Widow, Bubba Kush, and Jack Herer! Narrowing down my preferred strains. During this second grow attempt I noticed I haven't written down every maintenance detail. Paying close attention to the weight of pots and days between watering. Also intentionally reduced the percentage of nutes as first grow had heavy PPM runoff.
IMG_0784.jpg
IMG_0783.jpg

I'm noticing that my GDP clones are simply producing more buds and proper colas than the mother plant! Is this a common occurrence or is it because I'm less of a plant killer on this second grow. I've laid off the nutrients now that I have a great PPM meter. Watering only occurs when the pots are truly feel light when lifted (you just know!), and not smothering the plants every couple of hours. I peek in once in the morning and that's it unless I have some cleanup or watering to do in there.

They look fantastic. The clones should be a genetic duplicate of the mother. So if these are producing better it's probably because you are doing a better job of growing them.:goodjob:

I pulled out a cheap loupe and took pics! This is the best I can do with a cheap $10 Jeff Bezos dot com marvel and iPhone. All pics of buds only and not the lower fan leaves as I did in my first grow. Attached photos below.

IMG_0957 2.jpg
IMG_0961 2.jpg
IMG_0963 2.jpg
IMG_0967 2.jpg
IMG_0972 2.jpg
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg
Brilliant WOW.:welldone:Crystal Palace. :love:
I see some beautiful full tric's nice.
Couple amber's onnthe sugar leaves.
Nice pics.
Still see tons of white pistols.
Patience my friend. :meditate::nervous-guy::nervous-guy::nervous-guy::rofl:
Let all the white pistols crinkle in.
Then wait and see those fantastic tric's.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom