Kinda slimy

pete2

I sterilized everything with Isopropyl Alcohol. Light mix, not to strong, I don't think. The inside of my buckets feel a bit slimy and I'm not sure why. Could my bubblers b causing this ? The plants are only 6 days old. Appreciate any advice. Thank-You

With temps in that range and no h2o2 I would bet on bacteria. It is not always harmful to the plants but its presence usually, but not always, indicates less then ideal conditions in the solution, higher temps and lower oxygen. I used to get it a lot because it lives in my well but it never really caused any major problems except for the h2o2 regime.

I have no idea how you are set up so I can't really suggest anything to help, but the usual clean out your system and start with fresh solution, add more oxygen either bubblers or h202. Keep an eye on the roots for too much yellow, brown or slime would apply

I also recommend you get Hydroguard. It stops root rot in high temps by turning the bad staff into good stuff for your plant. I dont even use the h202 thanks to hydroguard. No slime or rot in a full hydro grow with temps in the 78f to 88f.

Back
Top Bottom